Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Eco Friendly Detailing
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Eco Friendly Detailing Talk About all your Eco Products here - Waterless wash / Steam cleaning etc

Old 16-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #221
mattyh2013
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolt View Post
i've given in and going to try this stuff. ordered myself a 2litre sprayer some ONR and some fluffy new MF's.

I have multispoke wheels which are a real pain to clean on a weekly basis. Would ONR be better than the chemical guys HFE on wheels. I normally use AS 'smartwheels' on the wheels then just wash off.

Quick question in a 2litre sprayer what ratio would you have in the sprayer of ONR and water?

thanks
I use 1 oz per 32 oz, which is roughly 30 ml per 900ml.
It seems to work for me.

Last edited by mattyh2013; 16-09-2013 at 01:18 PM.
mattyh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #222
stolt
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyh2013 View Post
I use 1 oz per 32 oz, which is roughly 30 ml per 900ml.
It seems to work for me.
ok thanks, going to try this. Bought some ONR, a nce sponge(still feels weird saying or writing that when washing a car!!) and some new MF's and a spray bottle. So will give it a go tomorrow.
stolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #223
Tigermad
Sponge Jockey

Used this for the first time today. I think it took me longer than just using a jet wash to rinse then shampoo then dry and quick detailer. Maybe it's because I was a virgin and took it slow and carefully to be on the safe side
Tigermad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #224
stolt
Orbital Oracle

I had a similar issue as tigermad. My main concern was how much quicker it was going to be, I think it was quicker and perhaps slightly easier and more fun, really will take me a while to get use to a sponge and spraying water on my car then wiping it, i'm not 100% convinced.

perhaps a couple of questions and some pics to follow.

I used a 2litre pump sprayer for the pre wash and put a cap full of ONR in it. This managed to do the whole of the car apart from the wheels. In the bucket i used 8 litres and mixed two cap fulls in that. Once grouting sponge and used the same drying cloth as i used on my other two bucket methods, i did buy some MF's but didnt use them

Both cars really weren't that dirty anyway and are wearing wax at the mo. which brings me onto my first issue, when using the pre spray it just beaded and kind of stuck to the bodywork without running, when using more i could see some dirty run lines so it was definatley collecting the dirt, but rather than running off the car it was still on the paintwork. Perhaps i need to use more spray?
Next week when i try it timewise i reckon now im all setup and running i should be quicker. I reckon i could even clean the car in the garage next time with hardly any water used.

it was useless on brakedust, and had to resort to my usual wheel cleaner spray then bought another sponge and used the leftover water n the bucket from the car and this worked.

The water in the bucket from the car was very dirty, i left it a good 5 mins to dwell on the paintwork before touching it, i certainly need to keep telling myself that i need very fine pressure with the sponge...

car came up nice and its certainly not as messy as previous method.

Last edited by stolt; 24-09-2013 at 10:17 PM.
stolt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stolt For This Useful Post:
mbrad_26 (10-12-2014)
Old 22-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #225
sm81
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,112 Times in 986 Posts
Agree
sm81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2014, 01:52 PM   #226
Bigpikle
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,872 Posts
just remember everything takes a little practise - I bet the first time you used the 2BM you took a lot longer than you do now!

You can ONR wash a car far faster when you get the hang of it, especially when you factor in all the time to get the kit sorted. Only need the pre-spray if the car is filthy and frankly I dont even use 2 buckets any more unless the car looks like its just been pulled from a swamp. Having used it almost constantly for years with virtual swirl free results, its worth its weight in gold!

Just practise the techniqu
Bigpikle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigpikle For This Useful Post:
Lowiepete (31-10-2014), mbrad_26 (10-12-2014)
Old 07-01-2015, 03:48 AM   #227
ww2717
Unwashed Member

Has anyone tried using the Garry Dean Wash Method with ONR.?
ww2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2015, 05:49 AM   #228
Cy-Zuki
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Saw a "NEW" Gary Dean video - says it's his latest method - I thought he was just using the same method as we prescribe here for ONR

PLEASE correct me if I am wrong?
Cy-Zuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:10 AM   #229
gabrielleitao
Sponge Jockey

Oh wow. I'm so stoked! the car looks super cleaned and it's not expensive and you can do it on your free time, which is always a plus!
gabrielleitao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 04:43 PM   #230
A&J
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,145 Times in 836 Posts
Who says you cant do a rinsless on a very dirty car? My wifes 20 year old Astra has been in the woods and came back muddy. As it is an old car i decided it is the perfect candidate to use ONR W&W on a muddy car.

It performed like a charm...here are some 50:50 shots

The lower part of the car was far most the worst as expected. I did rinse my sponge quite often (at least 5 times per door) and did at least 3 passes because it was to dirty to wipe dry.

Here is the end result

Rinsless wash does have its limitations however. I left 2 spots (1 on each side) as it was impossible to do it rinseless (too much mud). I will have to use a PW on these 2 spots.

P.S.

This was left in my rinse bucket

Of course i used a grit guard

A&J is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onr, optimum no rinse, rinseless, video, washing