Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Suppliers > Manufacturers > Autoglym
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
Merv B
Sponge Jockey

Fast glass what else can I use it for

Posted this in the general section of the site and didn't get any real answers.

Been thinking of giving the old credit card a beating and buying some more cleaning stuff, but before I do I want to see if what I have already will do the job. I have a good few bottles of AG fast glass and I was wondering is it a decent APC for cleaning the interior plastics (have been using AG vinyl and rubber but thinking of getting some poor boys Natural look dressing for the dash etc) and where else can it be used with good results?

Also have AG glass polish which I have been using on all the exterior windows and then finishing off with Aqua Wax when going over the rest of the car as not had a chance to attack it with the polishing machine and take things up a notch. But after reading on here about G1 and G3 I was thinking of getting some and using it on the windows instead of the aqua wax. What are your thoughts before I go ahead and spend my money?

Cheers

Merv
Merv B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
G220

You shouldn't use Fast Glass as an APC for interior plastics, you may damage them and it wont clean properly.

It is suitable for very light spot cleaning of paintwork, and certain trim, but remember it is solvent based and full of IPA so it flashes off quickly, is not suited very well for soil-based stains, and will not provide any lubrication or encapsulation of the dirt.

If you have a bottle once you see/smell it it's pretty obvious what you can and can't use it for.

Use AG Interior Shampoo for cleaning interior plastics.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Autoglym (07-03-2011)
Old 02-03-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
Merv B
Sponge Jockey

Thanks for the reply G220. The interior shampoo is good stuff having used it on the fabric but never thought of applying it to plastics.
Merv B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:26 AM   #4
themainlegend
Washmitt Meister

Garage
I use Sonus Cockpit Detailer. Leaves a nice matte finish as i hate everything being shiny inside the car!! Lasts a while too!!
themainlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
Autoglym
Autoglym HQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv B View Post
Thanks for the reply G220. The interior shampoo is good stuff having used it on the fabric but never thought of applying it to plastics.
You can use everywhere inside, door cards, sills, centre console, plastics etc, not just fabrics
Autoglym is online now   Reply With Quote