Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Wolf's Chemicals
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
burger
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thumbs up Brake Buster at work!! (IronX Alternative)

So i tried brake buster at the weekend and it didnt really impress on my dads car so i thought i would give it a go on my skoda.

Here is what i found after 5 mins or so while i was setting up the PW. Quick blast with the PW and clean rims. The whole wheel was purple but i was too busy to take a picture.

The smell, well i didnt really notice it at all so i may have complained before but this is because i took a direct sniff.

I will be buying more in future, i probably used a little more than i needed to but i wanted a decent coverage.

Very impressed to say the least!

Regards
Andy

Last edited by burger; 25-03-2011 at 10:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to burger For This Useful Post:
Jesse74 (15-03-2011)
Old 14-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
chr15rey
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Looks like something out of SAW VI, lol
Old 14-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
Jesse74
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,336 Times in 1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burger View Post
So i tried brake buster at the weekend and it didnt really impress on my dads car so i thought i would give it a go on my skoda.

Here is what i found after 5 mins or so while i was setting up the PW. Quick blast with the PW and clean rims. The whole wheel was purple but i was too busy to take a picture.

The smell, well i didnt really notice it at all so i may have complained before but this is because i took a direct sniff.

I will be buying more in future, i probably used a little more than i needed to but i wanted a decent coverage.

Very impressed to say the least!

Regards
Andy
Thanks for the review, Andy! What was it that didn't go so well on your dad's car? If there's really caked-up brake dust on the rim it may take a couple of applications and even some agitation to get the desired results, but remember that this is a pH neutral wheel cleaner so it's uber-safe for all wheels. Therefore, it may take a little time to remove heavy contamination, but it couldn't be safer ! If you didn't notice the smell, then you're not missing anything . The new version smells quite nice and we've also managed to make it work even longer than the original version! Thanks for the support buddy!

- Jesse
Old 14-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #4
burger

I dont know it just didnt look like my wheels as in the amount of reaction. Or i maybe didnt leave it long enough i was looking for it to work straight away

So i thought i would try it on mine and it worked a treat excatly the reaction i was looking for! I couldnt believe how clean they came up from just a spray on product with no brush or anything like that!
Old 14-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
Jesse74
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
I dont know it just didnt look like my wheels as in the amount of reaction. Or i maybe didnt leave it long enough i was looking for it to work straight away

So i thought i would try it on mine and it worked a treat excatly the reaction i was looking for! I couldnt believe how clean they came up from just a spray on product with no brush or anything like that!
Well. "results may vary" ! It's a chemical reaction so it does take some time... it won't eat away brake dust immediately like an acidic wheel cleaner. This cleaner basically speeds up the oxidation process, but it's a slow process... Touch-free wheel cleaning rules ,
Old 15-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
burger

I think it was me just staring at it waiting for it to work!

Im convinced now after seeing my wheels! I hate getting brushes in there with massive amount of splatter and this product offers a chance of a touchless wash midweek.
Old 15-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
Jesse74
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
I think it was me just staring at it waiting for it to work!

Im convinced now after seeing my wheels! I hate getting brushes in there with massive amount of splatter and this product offers a chance of a touchless wash midweek.
Glad you like it !
Old 15-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #8
GMToyota
Washmitt Meister

This looks like Iron-X from Carpro. Or Iron-X looks like this. Do they do the same job? Because the 5 gallon version of Brake Duster might be better value.
Old 15-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #9
burger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMToyota View Post
This looks like Iron-X from Carpro. Or Iron-X looks like this. Do they do the same job? Because the 5 gallon version of Brake Duster might be better value.

Yep they do the same job wheather one was here before the other is another thing! It does the 5kg is crica £40 which is fairly good value.
The Following User Says Thank You to burger For This Useful Post:
GMToyota (15-03-2011)
Old 15-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #10
Jesse74
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMToyota View Post
Yep, they pretty much do the same thing! Ours is a bit thicker so it stays on the surface (either wheels or paint) for longer... And yes, 5 gallons actually comes out to be a very good bargain
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse74 For This Useful Post:
GMToyota (15-03-2011)