Detailing World Forum banner

CleanYourCar EP800 compact rotary polisher review - part 1

23K views 55 replies 24 participants last post by  Kokopelli 
#1 · (Edited)
received my new rotary from Tim @ CleanYourCar today, and as its a new model just realsed i thought i'd do a review on it. first up, some pics to show the size and design and a short video to show how much noise it makes at various speeds.

comes supplied a nicely designed bag with the polisher snug inside;

with my flexipads 75mm backing plate fitted (standard M14 thread on this machine);

and with the supplied 5" flexpads backing plate fitted;

has some good flex to it, so should be good on curvy panels;

speeds shown;

speeds in rpm incraments from 700rpm - 2500rpm;

speed wheel on back of machine;

short video to demonstrate noise volume;

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh18/fiestadetailer/?action=view&current=008-24.mp4

bit quieter than my kestrel sim180 i'd say..

and a few other pics;

more info can be found here

part 2 to follow when ive given it a go :thumb:

kev :)

See less See more
#19 ·
Hey thanks for the sound clip Kev, noise can be an issue when working at home, especially for long periods of time as I dont want to upset any neighbours, I think I`m quite taken with this machine and it`s a the top of the shopping list :thumb:

Looking forward to part 2 . . . :)

#29 ·
Any idea when it'll get used Kev?

Like I said in the other thread, according to the stats it's lighter than a Chicago, which is impressive if true. I think the size has helped on that side of things.

Also is there any machines with a lower start speed than 700? I can't remember if there was.

#31 ·
I think you're right.

He's really listened to what people want I have to be honest.

Even looking for faults i'm struggling to see any, looks like a fantastic machine, okay it's not as pretty and as expensive looking as a CP but it's not meant to be.

I really like it. What small backing plate did you go for mate?

I notice there are 2 on CYC. Was it from somewhere else? I like the look of it.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/flexipads-rotary-backing-plates-cat10.html ???

#36 ·
The one that comes with it isn't by Flexipads, but called 'FlexEdge' as it has a really soft edge for extra control. It's really high quality so no need to jump in and buy anything else. We could have gone for a much cheaper plate with the polisher but thought that was worth the extra.

For the 3" plate the one that we sell:

I can't link to it, but it looks like this in the same section as the machine. Not important, but I think it looks good also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.