Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #11
dazzyb
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
dazzyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: toddington,beds
Posts: 1,097
Thanks: 208
Thanked 384 Times in 368 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestaGirlie View Post
Thanks.

Yeah, the extra power really helps on track. Although I do tend to just enjoy it rather than worry about going as fast as i can, so still get lots of people overtaking me in slower cars. Lol!!

I like the fact it looks pretty stealthy (despite the stripes)! A lot of people with the chargers leave the front grille off making it really obvious.
A blacked out intercooler would be really cool
Hiding it completely
Even the stripes dont give it away properly as there are many st's out there with them.

Do u go to the bedford track alot??

Last edited by dazzyb; 20-01-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: spelling
dazzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #12
Bratwurst
Distinguished Detailer
 
Bratwurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Paisley - Officially the sexiest town in Britain
Posts: 5,268
Thanks: 1,920
Thanked 2,355 Times in 1,684 Posts
Garage
WOW - I just love those brakes!

Cracking Fiesta Clare

Do you mind me asking how much it cost roughly to buy the SC and get it fitted? Just curious
Bratwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bratwurst For This Useful Post:
FiestaGirlie (20-01-2012)
Old 20-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #13
Matt_Nic
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,302
Thanks: 84
Thanked 246 Times in 210 Posts
Nice work, not keen on the mudflaps personally but I guess you want that kind of rally look?

I do like it when people mod an NA PROPERLY. I get bored of "yeah, so I got a remap init, got me like 7bhp more"

If you're gonna do it, do it properly, cams etc and then you go one further and charge it!

You might be able to answer something for me if your on the owners club and know about charging - I have seen a blue one driving around in the Eltham/Sidcup area quite often making a very very distinctive SC sound. Whining and growling.
Any idea if it's on the OC and if it is charged?
Matt_Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt_Nic For This Useful Post:
FiestaGirlie (20-01-2012)
Old 20-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #14
berger
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 89
Thanks: 11
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
The supercharger air intake is very low to the ground, wouldn't fancy that much in the wet!
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to berger For This Useful Post:
Ron McDon (20-02-2012)
Old 20-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #15
FiestaGirlie
Washmitt Meister
 
FiestaGirlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wickford, Essex
Posts: 216
Thanks: 144
Thanked 101 Times in 67 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzyb View Post
A blacked out intercooler would be really cool
Hiding it completely
Even the stripes dont give it away properly as there are many st's out there with them.

Do u go to the bedford track alot??
Yeah black would really hide it.
Only done Bedford once. Brands is our 'local' track and done that 3 times now I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee_green_mini View Post
WOW - I just love those brakes!

Cracking Fiesta Clare

Do you mind me asking how much it cost roughly to buy the SC and get it fitted? Just curious
Thank you. The brakes are a bit overkill really, but they look so good! Lol!

Mine was done a few years back, but I believe you are looking at about just under 4000 for the kit supplied and fitted now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Nic View Post
Nice work, not keen on the mudflaps personally but I guess you want that kind of rally look?

I do like it when people mod an NA PROPERLY. I get bored of "yeah, so I got a remap init, got me like 7bhp more"

If you're gonna do it, do it properly, cams etc and then you go one further and charge it!

You might be able to answer something for me if your on the owners club and know about charging - I have seen a blue one driving around in the Eltham/Sidcup area quite often making a very very distinctive SC sound. Whining and growling.
Any idea if it's on the OC and if it is charged?
Thanks.

Erm, to be honest I don't really know. There are quite a few out there and not all are on the forum. What other mods does it have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by berger View Post
The supercharger air intake is very low to the ground, wouldn't fancy that much in the wet!
The air filter/charger location caused a lot of the same question when they first brought the kit out, and as far as I am aware, no-one has had any issues with it. With the bumper on, it's pretty shielded anyway.
I did however change the foam Pipercross for my old K&N element, and added a shield for that bit of extra protection, but that was just me. More of an issue is the Power Steering fluid boiling over and getting on the filter, as is very common on these.
FiestaGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FiestaGirlie For This Useful Post:
Bratwurst (20-01-2012)
Old 20-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #16
ay4alex
Washmitt Meister
 
ay4alex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Posts: 165
Thanks: 116
Thanked 68 Times in 36 Posts
Absolutely awesome little beast, proper rocket ships. Glad to hear that you take it easy on the roads and play on the track, I had a friend with one of these little beasts, tragically died last week at the wheel. Love the brakes though, bet you have an absolute riot. What's next on the agenda?

Alex
ay4alex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ay4alex For This Useful Post:
FiestaGirlie (20-01-2012)
Old 20-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #17
scratcher
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
scratcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MK...ish
Posts: 1,396
Thanks: 419
Thanked 461 Times in 350 Posts
Garage
That's such a cool car!

The air filter is crying out for a splash guard though
scratcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scratcher For This Useful Post:
FiestaGirlie (20-01-2012)
Old 20-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #18
Matt_Nic
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,302
Thanks: 84
Thanked 246 Times in 210 Posts
I wouldnt drive that Ford through a ford - BOOM BOOM!

Is the engine bay now too stuffed to relocate the filter into the engine bay?
What about a Land Rover style snorkel lol.

The other Fiesta I've seen looks similar to yours tbh, OE wheels, stripes, mudflaps etc and a bit lowered.
It's the noise it makes when I've seen it that gives away it's had some work and It's not simply a massive noisey exhaust either.
Matt_Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #19
FiestaGirlie
Washmitt Meister
 
FiestaGirlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wickford, Essex
Posts: 216
Thanks: 144
Thanked 101 Times in 67 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ay4alex View Post
Absolutely awesome little beast, proper rocket ships. Glad to hear that you take it easy on the roads and play on the track, I had a friend with one of these little beasts, tragically died last week at the wheel. Love the brakes though, bet you have an absolute riot. What's next on the agenda?

Alex
Thanks. I'll go for a good blast evey now and then, but most of the time I do just take it easy. As you say, save the playing for on the track.

Very sorry to hear about your friend. Was that Mikey? There was a thread about his crash on STOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratcher View Post
That's such a cool car!

The air filter is crying out for a splash guard though
Thank you.

As mentioned above, I have actually got a shield covering the filter for extra protection.
FiestaGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #20
BlackPanther
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 120
Thanks: 37
Thanked 48 Times in 48 Posts
Fantastic transformation Clare

looks superb, well chosen mods
BlackPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackPanther For This Useful Post:
FiestaGirlie (20-01-2012)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors