Detailing World Forum banner

Further testing of the Glare System

9K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  danwel 
#1 ·
Jut thought i would put a few images up of something I'm working on still. The products are from Glare, they do a few different bottles, some readily available, some not. On this car i used knockout, micro, and two coats of pro polish
The info is tenuous at best, when trying to find genuine useful product knowledge. The manufacturers contradict themselves quite a lot, but in short these are a set of long term filling products, they create a covalent bond thus essentially making them permanent (the covalent bond is the second strongest attraction in our universe, behind the p!ss head and the kebab).
I can't really offer anymore than that, other than having tested them on various panels I've now completed a full black car, start to finish. The images are below

I have abused a few panels that its been applied to, with ipa, panel wipe, tardis and general chemicals, still to this point its withstood them all

Comments and questions welcome

Matt

See less See more
#5 ·
They are worth a play james if you can get at an affordable price, recommend having a go dude

always liked the glare stuff esp micro polish, some great work there Matt
Cheres dude. Micro was effective, its funny though each time I've used it we have started out underwhelmed, but after adding pro polish we have stepped back and all agreed its made a marked improvement. Still not too sure on knockout though

Nice flex bag Matt :lol:
one of many :D

#12 ·
In my view 'permanent' filler polishes would be the way to go to maintain a good paint finish on a daily. There is not an infinite amount of clear on paintwork and it seems this is getting even worse with new cars. It is not practical to keep a daily perfectly polished and it would soon wear through the paint so I'd definitely be a fan of a filler polish for my car. If the finish was a little worse than proper polishing I think it would still be worth it.

#22 ·
These are the things I'm trying to figure out. Fr example, they say it's totally non abrasive, but knockout will remove oxidation. Now this might be down to pad choice, or it maybe chemical, but on some panels I did micro definitely made improvements, as itdid on the seat. I also tried it on the rotary, which hologrammed lightly. Pro got rid of that perfectly. So my thoughts are, and this may be way off the mark, that all fil. But the "heavier" the product the more cleaner it contains. So by the time you get to pro you are just using a pure polish.

#24 ·
Again "in theory" yes you could. So you can see why I'm playing with it lol. what I do note is that beading dies down quickly, but the finish remains, so I would wager waiting maybe 24hrs and aerie down would be good base for at the very least a hybrid like artdenano, or a spry sealant like ngps, hydro, reLoad, c2 etc. I'm gonna test ths further though through winter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.