Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 17-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #11
Trip tdi
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,019 Times in 2,680 Posts
Subscribed as well Very interesting
Trip tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #12
Wilco
Warning contains metal

Thanked 6,480 Times in 2,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip tdi View Post
Subscribed as well Very interesting
Will be interested in your views trip
Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wilco For This Useful Post:
Trip tdi (21-12-2015)
Old 17-04-2014, 11:02 AM   #13
muzzer

Thanked 4,393 Times in 2,800 Posts
Garage
Okay lets see.

Bouncers Moonshine 8/10 nice smell, easy on and off

Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub 9/10 easy to apply by hand, smells divine

Autobright Grape 6/10 cheap and cheerful, easy to apply but difficult to buff off

Bilt Hamber Finis 8/10 easy on and off, very dusty residue but is very very easy to use

Obsession sample ?/10 left the mark out as it is a sample i am trialling, the first one was soft and spreads easily but thickly if not careful, the second one is harder and spreads just as easily. So far so good i like this wax.
muzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muzzer For This Useful Post:
firehorse (12-11-2016), Wilco (17-04-2014)
Old 17-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #14
Kimo
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,623 Times in 3,317 Posts
Just keep reeling more and more off

I'll have another list soon
Kimo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimo For This Useful Post:
Wilco (17-04-2014)
Old 17-04-2014, 01:47 PM   #15
Flakey
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Excellent idea for a thread Wilco.

Dodo Juice Blue Velvet - 7. Easy to use, decent price nice finish
Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub - 6. Found it a bit of work compared to Blue Velvet and less gloss.

Collinite 476 - 4. Did not enjoy using it at all. Nothing great about the looks and smells lousy.

Optimum Car Wax - 8. Easiest wax I have ever used on dry paint. Fantastic looks of a wax. Loses a point for attracting dust in very dusty environment. Boasts of being the only wax with a patent for UV protection.

Bilt Hamber
Finis Wax - 6. easy to apply, easy to remove. No smell or color but smells rather manly. Love the aluminum tub. Looks decent and last well for the price.
Hydra Wax - 6. Very easy to spread liquid wax, looks more glossy than Finis. Does not last as long.
Auto Balm - 7. Not the easiest LSP to use but fills very well, looks fantastic and surprisingly has depth despite being a sealant. Something special about this one.

AutoGlym Aqua Wax - 6. Dead easy to use as a drying aid, add to looks but doesn't last long.

Sonax Xtreme Carnuba Wax - 8. It is a budget wax from a big brand but the closest I have ever come to a show car wax look. Dead easy to apply, soft as butter in a big jar and with a fantastic applicator that comes with it. Only been there 3 weeks so can't say much about durability yet but isn't showing any signs of degradation after 3 washes so far. Killer gloss.

Sonax Polymer Netshield - 9. Insane water Behavior. Easy on, easy off. Nice gloss and some depth develops after 2-3 days.

Sonax Xtreme Protect & Shine - 8. Same as PNS but rather oily and some guesswork involved in when to buff off.

Sonax Nano Paint Protect - 7. It is a one year coating. Application is very similar to PNS. Looks rather sterile and I doubt it offers any traits of a typical coating like prevention of wash marring. But can be topped with PNS and makes a very good combination then.

Duragloss 105 - 9. Dead easy to apply, you can throw the "Less is more" rule in the trash and use the entire 500 ml bottle on one car and you won't struggle to remove it. It is by far the most wet looking LSP that I have ever used. It darkens the paint considerably and it looks dripping wet. Only the Sonax Xtreme Carnuba seems to be competing with it in my book.
Flakey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flakey For This Useful Post:
Eliasasas (17-04-2014), firehorse (12-11-2016), Goodylax (06-05-2014), greymda (17-04-2014), linuxmanju (21-04-2014), MAXI-MILAN (17-04-2014), Wilco (17-04-2014)
Old 17-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #16
greymda

is it this one you like: Amazon.com: Duragloss Total Performance Polish... Amazon.com: Duragloss Total Performance Polish...
what about durability?
greymda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #17
Wilco
Warning contains metal

Thanked 6,480 Times in 2,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo73 View Post
Just keep reeling more and more off

I'll have another list soon
I've thought of a few more too. Now added to the OP.

Last edited by Wilco; 17-04-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #18
AndyA4TDI

Thanked 1,985 Times in 1,294 Posts
Come on Blueberry and Maxi-Milan, get your lists done, should be good reads.
AndyA4TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndyA4TDI For This Useful Post:
Flakey (17-04-2014), MAXI-MILAN (17-04-2014), Wilco (17-04-2014)
Old 17-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #19
millns84

Thanked 2,698 Times in 2,016 Posts
Great idea for a thread

Think I'll rate everything I've used quite highly as I've never been disappointed

So...

Optimum Optiseal 7 - Very easy to use, versatile and a nice reflective finish. Let down by average water behaviour and durability of around 2 months IME.

Natty's Red 9 - One of my favourites, incredibly easy to use for a paste wax and isn't fussy in any shape or form. Great water behaviour, incredibly slick and an amazing finish. Marked down as durability could be slightly better although not terrible and it attracts a bit of dust.

Autoglym HD Wax 7 - Fairly nice to use and leaves a good finish with good water behaviour and impressive durability. Marked down as it doesn't justify its price and there are better out there for less money.

3m Show Car Paste Wax 8 - Similar to HD wax but spreads a bit more like butter and leaves a wetter finish. Durability of around 4-5 months and decent water behaviour.

Turtle Wax Ice Paste 8 - Durable, looks good, smells nice. A Jack of all trades but a master of none. Only let down is difficult removal if left on too long or over applied. One of the most underrated LSP's on the market IMO.

FK1000p 7 - Found it easy to work with, durable and good water behaviour. The look was a little too glassy for me on a dark car but would obviously suit a lighter vehicle much better. Avoid plastics at all costs!

Collinite 845 8 - Love it, couldn't be easier to apply and removal is hardly difficult. Water behaviour is great as is durability. Finish is also surprising given that this is a hybrid aimed primarily at durability. Marked down as you've got to be careful around plastics more so than others IME and you have to warm the bottle up as it clumps a bit.

Auto Finesse Tough Coat 8 - Hard to criticise this product, it's one of the easiest LSP's I've used, provided a great finish with excellent water behaviour. Only real let down is that it seems to need layering to get the most out of it.

Gtechniq C2V2 8.5 - Too easy, practically a QD in application. Blingly looks, durability of 6 months in my own experience, water slides off like nothing else I've tried. Marked down as it does need topping with a weaker dilution occasionally and lacks the wetness of a proper wax which is something I look for in an LSP.

Soft 99 Mirror Shine 8.5 - Extremely easy to apply, water behaviour matches the best I've got and the finish is exactly what it says on the tin! I never tested durability but have no reason to suggest it wouldn't live up to its 3 month claim. Possibly a 9 if it does last 3 months.

Serious Performance Ultra Gloss Carnauba Wax 7.5 - Applies like a QD or a proper spray wax if you like. If the latter, it can be a bit sticky to remove. Finish is lovely, seems too good for very little effort. Water behaviour is only average and it did drop off a bit after a few weeks but isn't meant to be durable...

Dodo Juice Skull Candy 8 - Shame it's only a panel pot. The finish it gave was dripping wet and very deep. Decent water behaviour and a couple of months durability wise. I resist using it as once it's gone, it's gone

Einszett Spray Wax 6 - Good for top ups but lacks any real durability. Adds decent gloss and refreshes the finish but won't last more than a couple of washes. More of a hyped up QD.

Think that's it but I'll edit if I think of something else.
millns84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to millns84 For This Useful Post:
firehorse (12-11-2016), Flakey (17-04-2014), Wilco (17-04-2014)
Old 17-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #20
Flakey

Quote:
Originally Posted by greymda View Post
is it this one you like: Amazon.com: Duragloss Total Performance Polish (TPP) # 105: Automotive

what about durability?
Yes, it is their best sealant. Depending on where you are, it will last you 2-4 months. If you like sealants, this is bloody good. It does not have the water behavior of Sonax PNS but the looks are worth dying for. Especially on dark colors. If you use the DG601 underneath, it will bond even better.
Flakey is offline   Reply With Quote