Detailing World Forum banner

Sample Igreenlover ll coating

41K views 115 replies 19 participants last post by  Alasar 
#1 · (Edited)
Sample of Igreenlover quartz coating - pointless testing.)

Hi all!

I have bought a little sample of igreenlover quartz coating.

first of all I want to test it. ;)

Maybe I will test it in comparison with other products.

With what coatings should I check this one?

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Tactics of test is next:
The test panel is divided into eight zones. Each area is covered with a protective coating in two layers. Next layer after one hour.
Next, the panel is kept indoor at a temperature of + 20 ° C 48 hours. (since the weather is rainy). It the same tactic also as we work with cars.

After that panel is going outdoor (on conditioner split stand ). And it is kept there for 6 days.

panel coated with next competitors:

1. Gyeon Mohs (2 layers)
2. CarPro Cquartz UK 110 (2 layers)
3. IGreenLover Quartz (2 layers)
4. Ultimate coat (2 layers)
5. Nanolex Si3D (2 layers)
6. Krytex T (2 layers) - is a neighborly test coating from russia
7. Ultra Ceramic coat. (2 layers) - same as krytex
8. Carbon collective Oracle (2 layers)

Very easy application have Ultimate coat, next - Cquartz UK 110.
Second layer for Mohs - is a headache. I could not get a second coat clean.
Oracle coated without problems. IGreenLover Quartz too, but not as easy as Oracle.
Nanolex Si3D - is smells acetone. Application is middle.
Ultra Ceramic coat have very hard application. It very hard to wipe. Its terrible. ))

#10 · (Edited)
After 6 days, outdoor exposed panel washed with alkaline shampoo (KARCHER rm 806). ready agent pH = 12.5

Video with zero washing is not available cause panel there was in bird ****, sand and dirty all)

After 2 washes (2-phase wash with hard sponge):
1 wash = 50 moves with sponge in second phase

Participants from left to right:

1. Gyeon mohs
2. CarPro Cquartz UK.
3. IgreenLover Quartz.
4. Ultimate coat.
5. Nanolex Si3D.
6. Krytex T
7. Ultra Ceramic coat.
8. Carbon collective Oracle.

all applied in two layers!

For now leader is UK, next - ultimate coat. mohs not suited for alkaline washes

#11 ·
Did you apply the Nanolex Si3D second layer one hour after the first one?
If you did, then there should be only one actual layer of Si3D on there. Si3D will repel even a fresh layer of itself after about 15-20minutes after the initial first layer. Layering Si3D should be done immediately after the first layer and at a maximum of 15minutes after the first layer.

Other than that, awesome test. Really looking forward to see how they all stand up :)
Did you happen to measure the thickness of it all after the coatings cured? Would be interesting to see if some of them produce any measurable thickness increase :)

#116 ·
Did you apply the Nanolex Si3D second layer one hour after the first one?
If you did, then there should be only one actual layer of Si3D on there. Si3D will repel even a fresh layer of itself after about 15-20minutes after the initial first layer. Layering Si3D should be done immediately after the first layer and at a maximum of 15minutes after the first layer.
This statement is incorrect. The result will be worse:

This is result after 5 alkaline washes.

#12 · (Edited)
Thanks.

Yes I applied second layer after 1 hour. I saw that first layer little repels second, but not like ceramic pro, etc. )

On glass plate nanolex not forming thick hard coat, only like sand thin coat. (if you drip a few drops on glass you ll see it)

Anyway, please follow this tread. I'll post 5 washes video. ;)

About thickness of nanocoating... I want to disappoint you, but even 6 layers will not add any micron thickness of coated clearcoat. ((

#21 ·
Interesting test.but igl Quartz is a low VOC slow flash off coating. It requires 4 hours wait time for interlayer (5-50C). If it is 60C the interlayer time is reduced to 1 hour.
If 2nd layer is applied too early. You will only effecticely gain 1 layer. Not 2 layers. Would have been great if most of the coatings above are installed as per their methodology

#24 ·
This is panel after 10 washes

1. Gyeon mohs
2. CarPro Cquartz UK.
3. IgreenLover Quartz.
4. Ultimate coat.
5. Nanolex Si3D.
6. Krytex T
7. Ultra Ceramic coat.

Two layers of Mohs, imho, unsuitable for this clearcoat.

Highest saturation have nanolex 3D (Do not forget = 2 layers)

So far no single opinion it is necessary or not. ;)

#25 · (Edited)
between 10-15 washes was 1 wash with IPA+microfiber treatment and 1 wash with white-spirit and microfiber treatment.

after 15 wash cycles test-panel few day stayed indoor.

Video after 16 wash cycles with high alkaline shampoo:

1. --------- test samples.
2. CarPro Cquartz UK.
3. IgreenLover Quartz.
4. Ultimate coat.
5. Nanolex Si3D.
6. Krytex T
7. Ultra Ceramic coat.

do not look on first zone. Mohs coated with sample coat )

#29 · (Edited)
Thank you too. ;) I can add PA cosmic, but I think it is not suitable for test like this. IMHO, cosmic is too weak or gentle for this.
Anyway, I have a PA cosmic and I can include it in the test.
I have not decided yet other candidates for next test. May be ceramic pro or something else... ;)
I have gyeon durabead and finest. But I think if carpro decide change my v6 version for new one I can test this coat also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.