Detailing World Forum banner

What products to mix with Sonax BSD other than V07 ?

306K views 465 replies 147 participants last post by  GleemSpray 
#1 ·
As the title states other than V07 what are some good QDs to mix with sonax bsd to make it easier to use ?

I have tried with plusher towels etc but can't get along with the BSD alone. I much prefer how it works mixed with v07 but I'm just wondering if anyone has found a cheaper alternative than v07 to give the BSD a slicker less grabby feel ?

#445 ·
Finish kare fk425 or powermaxed quick detailer works quite well.

Tried it with a few others and most help to better the feel but then don't feel any different to a normal QD. None are really quite as melt into the paint whilst retaining the beading like BSD / V7
@Yellow Dave - Do you find that FK425 retains the anti static properties even when mixed with BSD?

#14 ·
For me although the v7 isn't cheap as you can get through it quickly, it just works so well!
Plus it smells good too👍
BSD can be usually bought for a snip so this kinda offsets the cost of v7 for me. Personal choice I know but if it works why change it?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

#15 ·
I'm using BSD+V07 at the moment and love it - beautiful wet, glossy looks with incredible flake pop, along with BSD's unreal water beading and sheeting.
I've just thought of a possible match made in heaven - BSD + Bouncer's Done & Dusted! I have both these products so I will try it out soon and report back!

#22 ·
Next mix to try; BSD and Bouncer's Done & Dusted (50/50). Mixed nicely and was very similar to BSD/V07 to use, it seemed to 'melt' into the paint with a light wipe and gave a nice smooth finish with no grabbiness.
Water behaviour seems as good as BSD so far though it hasn't rained properly yet, so I thought I'd test it out. Video after the pictures;

Couldn't resist one with the dog :)

Bit of beading

And finally, I know you guys love beading videos so I thought I'd go one further and do a slo-mo one!

#23 ·
Next mix to try; BSD and Bouncer's Done & Dusted (50/50). Mixed nicely and was very similar to BSD/V07 to use, it seemed to 'melt' into the paint with a light wipe and gave a nice smooth finish with no grabbiness.
Water behaviour seems as good as BSD so far though it hasn't rained properly yet, so I thought I'd test it out. Video after the pictures;

Couldn't resist one with the dog :)

Bit of beading

And finally, I know you guys love beading videos so I thought I'd go one further and do a slo-mo one!

Sonax BSD/Bouncer's Done & Dusted 50/50 Mix - YouTube
Look's awesome buddy but what is best BSD/V07 or BSD/D&D?

#27 ·
tried BSD in a better bottle for more of a mist but that didn't really improve things. did a 1:1 mix with ultimate quik wax and that made massive improvements but really its still a crap product for putting on and wiping off. won't buy it again and its likely to just gather dust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.