Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > Prewash/Snowfoam
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2016, 03:57 AM   #1
Pittsy
DW Reviewer

Thanked 3,491 Times in 2,087 Posts
Garage
Detailingworld™ Review - Monstershine The Ambassador Snow Foam

Detailingworld™ Review - Monstershine The Ambassador Snow Foam

1st up thank you to Stephen at Monstershine for the products to review, for more information on the Monstershine brand and where to buy please have a look here: http://www.monstershine.co.uk/

Snow foams have become an invaluable part of our wash routines, obviously to stop as much marring as possible its important to remove/soften all the dirt and chods that might be present on the panels before you actually put a wash mitt/pad in contact with the panel.

If you don't already please start adopting a safe wash routine by incorparating either a prewash or a snow foam stage into your wash, my personal favorite is a snow foam

The Product:

The snow foam arrived in a very natty looking mini HDPE 'Jerri can' style container which was 1ltr in size, the label had the usual Monstershine branding on with all the pertinent information required.

The actual liquid was a translucent brown in colour and smelt pleasantly of chocolate.

I have got to say the container was certainly unique and a real change from the normal PET bottles.

Monstershine say:

The Ambasssador Snow Foam bridges the gap between a professional level snow foam to a new, thick foaming premium level which will rapidly break down the dirt and grime and suspend it to be safely rinsed off. It is pH neutral and LSP Safe so you can rely on the power of the foam to remove the dirt without damaging your existing protection.

Apply approximately an inch of The Ambassador Snow Foam to your snow foam lance and top up with water. Spray a good layer on to your vehicle and we advise you leave it to dwell for 5-10 minutes (the longer the better) and then rinse off with your pressure washer. For best results follow up with our Soor Apple wax safe shampoo for an unrivalled shine.

Ok so pretty straight forward there

The Method:

As normal Mr's P's Cooper was the work of the day, and certainly didn't let me down in the filth stakes.

Preparation wise following the instructions snow foam is pretty easy to get right, 1" in the bottom of the lance bottle topped up to 750ml with warm water, the chocolate smell at this point really came alive in the kitchen and to be honest made me a bit hungry...

Obviously to guage how dirty the car was a damp 'make up' style applicator was pressed against the rear 1/4 panel to check and you can see it was pretty grubby so heres hoping the Ambassador comes to the party.

The foam was applied to the car and the consistency was just right, nice and thick and very soon the car was covered in a great looking layer of foam, you could also still pick up the chocolate smell as well, even next door commented that it smelt good.

Here is a quick video to show the application, you can really see the consistency as it comes out of the lance and hts the panels.

In the intervening dwell time the fiddly bits were attacked with a brush and the wash buckets were prepared.

After a 10minute dwell time it was still possible to see that alot of the foam solution still stuck to the car, not too much as with some foams but just the right amount so you could see it was still working away.

The car was then rinsed off and the foam actually came off more easily than i might have imagined which was a great result.

Another 'make up' pad was then pushed against the panel in roughly the same place to reveal that The Ambassador was in fact a really good cleaner and had done a bang up job with very little to show dirt wise.

The car was then given a nice 2 bucket wash using Monstershine Soor Apple shampoo and was left looking nice and clean ready to get mega dirty again....

Price:

£11 for the 1ltr bottle used here, it can also be brought in 500ml and 5ltr guises from here: http://www.monstershine.co.uk/collec...nt=21195920518

Value wise The Ambassador sits in the upper mid range of snow foams, using 100ml each wash would yield 10 washes at £1.10 per wash but I think and have tried as little as 70ml with the same effect which would yield 14 washes at 78p per wash.

Would I use it again?:

Yes I would and yes I have and will most probably buy some more when I have run out.

Conclusion:

Monstershine The Ambassador snow foam pretty much what you would want from a snow foam performance wise, it clings, cleans and looks great on the car whilst smelling of chocolate.

I really cannot think of any reason why you would not want to try this foam because it just does the job.

If you are in the market for a new snow foam, like a bit of chocolate and like your snow foams thick like a explosion at the Gillette factory then ignore the daft name and give The Ambassador a try

Thanks for reading

"DW has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "