Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > LSP
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13-01-2017, 12:04 PM   #1
Gleammachine
Distinguished Detailer

Location: Chafford Hundred, Essex RM16, Essex & the South East since 2003.
Thanked 4,096 Times in 1,785 Posts
Detailingworld™ Review- Fireball Fusion Wax.

Detailingworld™ Review- Fireball Fusion Wax.

What the manufacturer says:

Fusion Wax is made as a show wax and demonstrates high-end super hydrophobic water behaviour and paint surface protection. Fusion Wax is made with Brazilian T1 Carnuaba & SiO2, we combine these 2 raw materials with other appropriate products in the mixture. Fusion Wax will show super hydrophobic water behaviour after 2 hours and demonstrate a surface wet-look after about 6 hours.

The kit components compromise of Fusion Wax 100g, 2 mini spoons, a fabric bag and original box packaging.

Introduction:

Fireball Detailing Technology produced in South Korea. Fireball products are well known for their hydrophobic and silicone dioxide (SiO2) properties besides their premium range of shampoos and waxes to suit your car interior and exterior needs.

The Product:

What first drew me to the Fireball product line and the wax in question was the packaging, the attention to detail and thought in the quality of design is second to none, unlike anything I have witnessed in the car care product sector and evident throughout the range.
The wax is supplied in a heavy glass tub, with embossed Fireball logo's at the base, a boutique style pull string bag which is again embossed on the silver fastener. 2 x scooping spoons which can either be used to apply the wax to the applicator or for getting every last remains from the tub.
The wax has an unusual smell, difficult to describe the aroma but not unpleasant and does leave a nice smell around the car and room where its applied.

The Method:

Initially its best to prime the foam applicator with enough wax, and thereafter just enough to apply a thin uniform layer.

The first application of wax provided a coverage to the roof, A pillers and rear quarter section of this Audi TT, so the product does cover the panels well, what I do find is that due to its hybrid nature it does require some working in to the sections and can feel a little grabby, but nothing unpleasant and promotes a good even coverage.

You can apply the wax to the entire vehicle in a cool indoor enviroment, but I find it best to apply to a large panel, leave a couple of minutes and buff off.

Removing the product is a breeze and only requires a methodical approach to buffing off, turn the cloth occasionally and change after a couple of panels to avoid any clogging of the fibres.

I find it best and the same principle for all waxes, to rebuff the panels after a curing time of a couple of hours.

It's recommended to avoid water during the curing time of 24 hours.

Its in the eye of the beholder, but I do believe and as the manufacturer states- the finish and gloss does intensify after 6 hours or so.

Water behaviour from me pouring some water on the surface and blowing it about, I know very basic

Price:

The price for Fusion Wax is £80.00-£85.00, in my opinion its money well spent and not particularly expensive, more so considering the quality of the product, packaging, and feel good factor it promotes.

http://fireballuk.net/exterior/

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/f...usion-wax.aspx

Would I use it again?:

Yes definitely, although I am a Fireball Certified Detailer, I wouldn't use or recommend any product that didn't meet the grade for my clients or impress me on a personal scale.

Conclusion:

I own many waxes which I have collected over the last couple of decades, and despite many of my customers now generally opting for ceramic coatings, I still enjoy applying a nice wax/sealant, whether this being a stand alone product or as a topper for a coating or sealant.
Fireball Fusion Wax is no exception to the above, and is used regularly in my studio, it works extremely well on all colours and does deliver an incredible wet-look as intended by the manufacturer.
I believe Fireball Fusion Wax punches well above it's price point and I expect durability to be anywhere from 3 months plus (subject to wash routines).

"Detailingworld™ reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "
Gleammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Gleammachine For This Useful Post:
Blueberry (13-01-2017), Brian1612 (13-01-2017), Chris Donaldson (12-02-2017), cossiecol (13-01-2017), ganwilliams (02-05-2017), Karl woods (13-01-2017), KRM (24-02-2018), Luke M (13-01-2017), Marklocke (07-03-2017), mb1 (01-03-2018), MDC250 (13-01-2017), moochin (14-01-2017), mrbig1 (16-01-2017), samm (13-01-2017), Scrim-1- (14-01-2017), Simonrev (13-01-2017), todds (31-03-2017), WHIZZER (13-01-2017)

Tags
detailer essex, fireball, fusion wax, gleammachine detailing