Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > Tools / Towels / Other
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24-01-2017, 12:24 PM   #1
Brian1612
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,958 Times in 1,935 Posts
Detailingworld™ Review - Feck's Philosophy H2O Deluxe Drying Towel

Introduction

Once again many thanks to Markus at Feck's Philosophy for sending out this bundle of detailing goodies for review. Moving on from the Mohican Wash mitt review, I have the first of two drying towels on offer from Feck's Philosophy. First up of these towels is the entry level H2O Deluxe drying towel. As I have already done a little write up on the background into Markus and Feck's Philosophy as a company I will keep this part short.

If you wish to know any more on the brand simply following the link to the company website: http://www.fecksphilosophy.com/.

The Product

Much like the Mohican Wash Mitt, the packaging the H2O Deluxe Drying Towel arrived in looked great. I really like the fact that these are delivered in sealed bags with the brand logo printed out and stuck to the bag.

This also includes all the relevant instructions with regards to washing and maintaining these towels which is ideal. As you can see from the video below, the guys at Feck's Philosophy certainly know how to market a product.

The specs of the H2O Deluxe Drying Towel are listed below:

- 60 x 60cm in size.
- 80/20 blend of Polyester and Polyamide.
- 1000 GSM (Grams per square meter).

I found the size ideal as it was both big enough to dry large panels easily but also small enough to make drying the lower sections of the car less cumbersome compared to larger towels which can be prone to dragging on the ground when drying skirts.

The GSM is pretty impressive and makes for a towel that should be highly absorbent due to density. The microfibre pile is fairly long which aids in making the towel feel very soft and plush. This should mean it is safer to use on paintwork compared these new twist style drying towels with extremely short piles.

The Method

Although linting is usually an issue with this sort of drying towel, on removing it from the packaging that didn't appear to be an issue with no loose fibres. Regardless the first thing I done was machine wash this towel prior to use which is standard procedure for any type towel or cloth. My car was given the usual maintenance wash so snow foam, rinse and 2BM hand wash. This left the car panels clean and ready to be dried. I would usually sheet most of the water off my car prior to drying it but to really test this towel, I left all the standing water on the panels.

As you can see from the below video there was plenty of water left on the roof. The towel was placed on the spoiler flat and dragged across the full length of the roof and down onto the windshield.

The level of water absorbency was impressive. One pass was enough to lift all the standing water from half the roof and windshield. The towel left minimal streaking on the paint and glass, if any at all for that matter. I went on to dry the rest of the car in a similar fashion and found the towel easily capable of drying the full car. Its performance actually seemed to improve as it absorbed more and more water and there was no linting issues at all on paint or glass which towels of this type usually suffer from.

I wanted to see how the towel performed on a colder day so it was again used to dry my car at a later date. With temperatures around the 2-3 degrees mark I again tried out the Deluxe drying towel to see how it faired with this additional hurdle. Drying a car in the cold can sometimes prove more difficult but the deluxe had no issues what so ever.

The towel was passed across the spoiler in the same smooth motion as before with no pressure other than the weight of the towel itself. It again absorbed all water it came into contact with effortlessly and left a streakless finish.

Considering the conditions I have to say I was again left impressed with the performance of this towel. Please see the video below showing it in action.

Price

The H2O deluxe drying towel costs only £9.99 and can be purchased here: http://www.fecksphilosophy.com/produ...-drying-towel/.

For me this is very well priced for a towel of this quality and performance. Discount code 'FPcrew15' adds an additional 15% discount to what is already a bargain in my mind.

Would I use it again?

I already have since this review. It really is a very good drying towel for the money and puts quite a few more expensive towels to shame. I can say personally that it outperforms 2 of my more expensive drying towels I have purchased in the past.

Conclusion

Personally I think you will struggle to find anything else on the market in this price bracket that performs as good. Despite the relatively low price the quality still remains. All the stitching on the border is neat with no fraying evident. The high GSM and dense, soft pile MF are properties you would expect from towel at a higher price point. All this results in a very well made but affordable drying towel that performs well beyond its £10 price point.

Thanks for reading!

DW has followed the Manufacturer’s Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test.

Last edited by Brian1612; 24-01-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Brian1612 For This Useful Post:
chongo (24-01-2017), ganwilliams (26-01-2017), Hawkesybaby (28-01-2017), Hunty (26-01-2017), JoeyJoeJo (24-01-2017), Nidge76 (24-01-2017), onks (10-02-2017), OvEr_KiLL (02-02-2017), Tiffviz (06-02-2017), todds (24-01-2017), Typeroz (26-01-2017), WHIZZER (24-01-2017)

Tags
drying towel, fecks philosophy