Detailing World Forum banner

Detailingworld™ Review – Car Chem Wheel Armour

11K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Hereisphilly 
#1 · (Edited)
Detailingworld™ Review - Car Chem Wheel Armour
Introduction
Thanks to Car Chem for sending out a bottle of Wheel Armour for review

I've used a number of Car Chem products before and have been very impressed with everything I have used so far
I was on the look out for a spray on wheel sealant, so jumped at the chance to use this product

Car Chem's website can be found here for more info on the (vast) range they offer
http://car-chem.com/store/

The Product
The product is a cloudy beige liquid supplied in one of Car Chem's standard clear trigger bottles, with the instructions and text printed directly on to the bottle. Although simple, this gets the job done, and for me instantly recognisable as a Car Chem product. The trigger is very good too, great action to the pull mechanism

The Manufacturer says:

Alloy Wheel Armour is a super-fast spray-on solution that coats the wheels with a durable dirt repellent sealant to deter the build-up of brake dust and road grime. Wheels treated with Alloy Wheel Armour are easier to clean and will stay cleaner for longer.

• Features and Benefits:
  • Easy to use, spray-on formula
  • Wheel Armour helps protect from brake dust deposits
  • Makes cleaning wheels much easier
  • Simple to use

Directions for use

Apply Alloy Wheel Armour to fully cleaned wheels by spraying directly onto alloys. Allow to soak for 30 seconds. Use a dry cloth to wipe dry

The Method
Donor vehicle for today is a 2011 Merc C class with AMG line wheels. Unfortunately the barrels were absolutely shot and after deconning as much as possible, quite heavy pitting was evident on some of the faces, so please ignore those bits

After ensuring the wheels were completely bone dry, I gave the bottle a quick shake and then spritzed the product on every area of the faces and spokes, trying to ensure every area was covered

Given how narrow the spokes were on this wheel, applying was easier said than done, but manageable and this would be the case no matter what spray product was used

I then went around the other three wheels and applied which worked out at just over 30 seconds until I came back

It was dead easy to wipe off the excess product and then buff to a gloss, no smearing was left or anything

After dressing the tyres, the actually wheels looked pretty good and the paint surface felt noticeably slicker

After lightly spritzing, the beading on the faces was absolutely nuts, so this bodes extremely well for dirt repellancy, and hopefully brake dust too

Price
This 500ml bottle costs £7.75 direct from Car Chem, but like with all of their products, larger volumes are easily available, all the way up to 1000 litres! :doublesho

1l is £12.99, and 5l is £31.99, so there is a good discount for buying in bulk, depending on your usage

Considering I didnt even use 50ml for all 4 wheels, this product is great value even for 500ml, and even better going up in volume

500ml can be purchased here
http://car-chem.com/store/wheel-tyre-care/alloy-wheel-armour

Would I use it again?
A big yes from me, the little amount of time required to give wheels instant protection and the ease of use of this product is its main selling point. So far the water behaviour looks very good

Conclusion
This is a much shorter review than I was expecting to write, but in all honesty there isn't much to say about the product

You apply it easily, you leave it for a short amount of time, and then you wipe / buff it off easily, it really is that simple!

I can't comment on the durability just yet, but with application this easy, even if it only lasts a month or so its not a massive drama, as you can just re-apply in a couple of minutes

For me this fills a nice gap in my detailing gear, for when I want to give wheels an instant protection, or a quick topup, but dont have the time (or want ) to go to the hassle of getting a paste type wheel sealant out and the fact that the price is very reasonable is another tick in the box

"Detailingworld™ reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.