Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > LSP
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2017, 09:38 PM   #1
Luke M
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,445 Times in 834 Posts
Detailingworld™ Review O.C.D Waxes Alien:51

O.C.D Waxes Alien:51 Review

Introduction:

Mat from OCD Waxes is a very particular guy. He makes sure every element of a product is nailed before it makes it anywhere near to production ready. This is his first wax to market and is now joined by Nebula (review and video coming)
You'll see this attention to detail through the packaging where the wax is wrapped in colour coordinating paper through to the quality finish and feel of his products.

The Product:

The product arrived to me in a box marked as Alien:51 with a matching tag carrying the extra terrestrial theme. It is a large 200ml glass jar that feels quality throughout.

What the manufacturers say:

Alien:51 has been in development for 12 months to ensure it meets the strict standards set by O.C.D Waxes.

With only the highest quality ingredients being used, Alien:51 contains Brazilian Yellow Carnauba wax (among others) combined with the finest cold pressed natural oils and has a stunning Green Apple scent, finished in a unique Fluorescent Yellow and Green appearance that became the influence for the naming of this wax and guaranteed to make it stand out from the crowd.

With its easy application and removal, amazing gloss and stunning beading, this wax is bound to impress you.

Hand poured in a 200ml gloss black glass jar and supplied with an authentic looking specimen tag and an O.C.D Waxes logo sticker.

The Method:

This wax like many nowadays has been worked and developed to make use not only easy but a joy too. Like many on here I enjoy waxing as almost a therapeutic pass time and this wax didn't let me down in that area.

The wax has a two tone green effect and has a soft consistency. The smell is a rich apple scent.

It is easy to load a reasonable amount to your applicator and then to spread thinly. Cure time was comfortable and was enough that you could work in a leisurely pace with no immediate pressure.

I removed when ready with a Carpro Boa and it was very easy to do so.

Before removal

After removal

The finish it left for me was great. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

And beading shots

Price:

Available here:
http://ocd-waxes.myshopify.com/
It is priced at £29.99 plus postage. As value for money goes this is too cheap. I'd encourage you to buy one before Mat realises he could sell it for more

Would I use it again?:

I would and I have

Conclusion:

One of the breakout manufacturers of 2016, with Nebula already gathering a strong momentum thanks mainly to Chongo's glossy as hell A Class, they are certainly one to watch for 2017. If the budget doesn't allow for full size pots then you could always scoop up a sample from them instead.

"Detailingworld™ reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test"
Luke M is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Luke M For This Useful Post:
Alanalan (05-02-2017), alfa.rbt (14-02-2017), Brian1612 (03-02-2017), Hacker (03-02-2017), Marklocke (07-03-2017), PKNEC (08-02-2017), Tiffviz (05-02-2017), todds (31-03-2017)