Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > LSP
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28-02-2017, 11:39 AM   #1
Luke M
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,424 Times in 827 Posts
Detailingworld™ Review - Waxtub Raspberry 141

Waxtub Raspberry 141 Wax

Detailingworld™ Review

Introduction:
Waxtub is the creation of Paul. He started brewing waxes about half a year ago and as the name of this wax tells you, went through 141 different formulations to get to production ready.
The company has a very personal feel as Paul clearly has a lot of passion for what he's created and is very open to questions and queries.

The Product:

Much has been said already about how eye catching the product is. Paul has created a line of branding that is simplistic but so identifiable. The pot itself is a 100ml size and is a textured black plastic and feels very solid. No flimsy pots here. The pot also sports a second inner lid which has the 141 logo on it.
Once double opened you can see that the wax as its name suggests is a purple hew and it feels a softish wax that oils up well to the touch.

From the manufacturer there is as yet no official blurb for the wax as its still to be launched.
If you read through what has been written already you can see that the intent for this wax was for it to be completely natural with ease of use as a priority.

The Method:

The car was washed using TDG Cherryslime Shampoo, dried using a Drinker towel and clayed. The paint is battered and although polishing would have fetched more of the finish out it was just too far gone to make it worthwhile.

The wax loaded up incredibly well as you would imagine with a soft wax. The smell was pleasant but not heavy or overbearing.

I was using a dry applicator to start and the wax spread very easily with not a hint of grab to it. I could have used a damp applicator to achieve a thinner layer but to be fair this wax just didn't need it.

I gave the wax about fifteen minutes of cure time as we were clocking in about 8 degrees on the day.

Removal at that point was undertaken with a Carpro Boa and it was effortless.

I then kicked back for forty minutes or so and then cracked on with coat two. Again a fifteen minute cure was given and it was just as easy to remove. For me this was well worth doing. I liked the finish after coat one, however coat two really brought out a depth to the paintwork.

The finished shots:

Price:

Can't quite put a firm number on this yet as Paul is going to cover this before the launch. Rough guide is that for a 200ml glass jar of this wax it will be below the fifty quid mark. Its well worth that price point from my experience with it.

Would I use it again?:

Yes I will.

Conclusion:

This wax will tick a lot of boxes for a lot of people. It is a pleasure to use, certainly has a quality feel and the finish is very warm and has lots of depth.
I wish Paul a successful launch and look forward to his future offerings.

"Detailingworld™ reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "
Luke M is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Luke M For This Useful Post:
66Rob (28-02-2017), Alanalan (28-02-2017), AndyN01 (28-02-2017), Brian1612 (28-02-2017), cossiecol (28-02-2017), DanWilliams (28-02-2017), JR1982 (28-02-2017), mrbig1 (28-02-2017), Pittsy (28-02-2017), todds (28-02-2017), Waxtub (28-02-2017), WHIZZER (28-02-2017)
Old 28-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #2
WHIZZER
T-Cut King (admin)

Thanked 16,224 Times in 5,938 Posts
Garage
great review luke