Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > LSP
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2017, 10:29 PM   #1
Luke M
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,423 Times in 827 Posts
Detailingworld™ Review Primal Detail Purge, Pride & Revive

Detailingworld™ Review Primal Detail

Introduction: Starting into the detailing market in 2014, Primal Detail started as a floorcare company and spread their knowledge across to car care as this was a real personal passion for them.
The range is relatively complete and currently stands at 18 items.

The Product:

The three items arrived well packaged. The labelling is definitely not going to be mistaken for anyone else as it is adorned by a rather mean looking tattooed gorilla. Each item has the product name incorporated into the tattoo design.
Each had a pleasant smell, subtle and not overpowering. The wax is listed as coconut although I get more of a white chocolate scent. The prewax is a strawberry smoothie scent and the qd mango.

The Method:

I had purchased these three with the intent of using them all together to give an overall finish as the manufacturer intended.
I started by applying two small blobs of the Revive to the applicator and setting to it.

The prewax has an oily texture and spreads for an eternity. After a short cure time removal was a simple wipe with a short pile towel.
This left a crisp clean finish ready for waxing.

The wax comes in a 100ml tin. I have always been a fan of wide necked jars or tins as it makes life so much easier when loading waxes.

With this wax I found it to be quite firm and almost a little rubbery in texture. I could get the wax to oil up with the warmth of a finger tip but when drawing an applicator across it felt a little different to what i'm used to.

This didn't however affect the application of the wax. It applied smooth and spread well. It was approximately 6oC on the day, I gave the wax 12 minutes cure time and buffed with a short pile towel.

At no point would I describe the wax as grabby, but it did want to hold a longer piled towel more that a short one.

It was at this point I tested the beading.

This wax produced large heavy beads. Quite satisfyingly so. It sheeted well also and overall left the paintwork feeling slick. The finish at this point was a sharp reflective one. No darkening added to the paint just a nice crisp finish.

Finally after it had rained for the 92nd time that day I used the quick detailer to wipe down before finished shots. The qd had a milk like viscosity and was more along the lines of a wipe around, buff off quick detailer. It made light work of cleaning up the finish and did not affect beading in any way.

Price:

The wax is priced at £29.95 for 100ml
The prewax is available in a 250ml option for £9.95 or 500ml for £12.95
The quick detailer is £5.95 for 250ml and £8.95 for 500ml

All are available here:

https://primaldetail.com/

Would I use it again?:

I would like to yes. I feel the finish I achieved would be very well suited to a flat colour and as such I intend to try them on a flat white, black or red and report back.

Conclusion:

My first go of the Primal Detail range has me curious to try more from them. Overall nice to use products that do a solid job. Nicely branded and presented too.

Video Review

"Detailingworld™ reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "
Luke M is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luke M For This Useful Post:
Ads_ClioV6 (04-03-2017), Alanalan (05-03-2017), Karl woods (04-03-2017), steelghost (04-03-2017), todds (04-03-2017)