Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Interior & Glass
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Interior & Glass Discuss All your Interior Issue - Dash - Seats and All the Car Glass Areas - Interior Dressing, Leather etc

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-03-2017, 08:49 PM   #11
brooklandsracer
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Southend
Posts: 432
Thanks: 160
Thanked 167 Times in 137 Posts
I see this nanolex is only a small 100ml bottle. Would you just do the windscreen with it or all of glass on car? Also when applying is it apply to glass and wait 15 mins then buff off and repeat with a 2nd coat?
I bought a bottle last week but not got round to using it yet, any advice much welcome. Thanks.
brooklandsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 08:49 PM   #12
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,063
Thanks: 1,853
Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,903 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpikle View Post
I loved my original bottle but frankly I dont think whats in my new bottle is actually glass sealant - I think you hit the nail on the head about QC issues
I think worth reporting to the place you bought it from - Carlack cannot do anything about issues they haven't heard about.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 09:02 PM   #13
OvEr_KiLL
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
OvEr_KiLL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3,814
Thanks: 1,809
Thanked 1,336 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklandsracer View Post
I see this nanolex is only a small 100ml bottle. Would you just do the windscreen with it or all of glass on car? Also when applying is it apply to glass and wait 15 mins then buff off and repeat with a 2nd coat?
I bought a bottle last week but not got round to using it yet, any advice much welcome. Thanks.
yes i only do my windscreen with it lasts a while.
do 1 layer let it dry for 15mins then buff, check it after 15mins and if it needs it do another buff. then 1h later layer and do the same again

make sure the glass is spotless. use a glass polish before you use it
OvEr_KiLL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OvEr_KiLL For This Useful Post:
brooklandsracer (19-03-2017)
Old 19-03-2017, 09:21 PM   #14
brooklandsracer
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Southend
Posts: 432
Thanks: 160
Thanked 167 Times in 137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvEr_KiLL View Post
yes i only do my windscreen with it lasts a while.
do 1 layer let it dry for 15mins then buff, check it after 15mins and if it needs it do another buff. then 1h later layer and do the same again

make sure the glass is spotless. use a glass polish before you use it
Thanks for reply.
Once I wash car sometime this week, I will put some autoglym glass polish on windscreen then apply the nanolex urban.
I take it that this applies very easy and goes a long way?
Do you just put say half centimetre blob on applicator and start applying in circles ?
brooklandsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 09:33 PM   #15
Choppy
Orbital Oracle
 
Choppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southport
Posts: 729
Thanks: 216
Thanked 242 Times in 176 Posts
Nanolex urban is excellent and a little goes a long way so don't let the size of the bottle fool you.
Choppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 09:36 PM   #16
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer
 
dchapman88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 1,390
Thanks: 472
Thanked 784 Times in 586 Posts
Garage
Yeah my Nanolex bottle has lasted me ages.
I've lost count of how many cars glass I've done with my bottle. And still got some left!
dchapman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 09:50 PM   #17
OvEr_KiLL
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
OvEr_KiLL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3,814
Thanks: 1,809
Thanked 1,336 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklandsracer View Post
Thanks for reply.
Once I wash car sometime this week, I will put some autoglym glass polish on windscreen then apply the nanolex urban.
I take it that this applies very easy and goes a long way?
Do you just put say half centimetre blob on applicator and start applying in circles ?
i shake it out all over the windscreen then use the pad and go around in circles up and down, everything to cover it
OvEr_KiLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #18
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,063
Thanks: 1,853
Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,903 Posts
Garage
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=390756 - not used it myself but our own cossiecol seems to rate it
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
Sid (17-04-2017)
Old 20-03-2017, 11:18 AM   #19
LewisChadwick7
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
LewisChadwick7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Barnsley
Posts: 2,482
Thanks: 329
Thanked 1,344 Times in 937 Posts
HDD hydrology is my fave at the minute just replaced my angelwax h2go
LewisChadwick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 11:38 AM   #20
Cy-Zuki
PC Perfectionist
 
Cy-Zuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Paphos, Cyprus
Posts: 402
Thanks: 149
Thanked 115 Times in 105 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Nanolex urban is excellent and a little goes a long way so don't let the size of the bottle fool you.
Ditto
Cy-Zuki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cy-Zuki For This Useful Post:
matmak81 (21-05-2017)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors