Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section A reference library section for reviews done by selected DW members on current, new and upcoming products. Most of which can be purchased from our Traders or Sponsors

Old 07-04-2017, 12:57 AM   #1
Luke M
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,424 Times in 827 Posts
Detailingworld™ Review CarChem Leather Cleaner, Armour and Cream

Detailingworld™ Review CarChem Leather Cleaner, Leather Armour and Leather Cream

Introduction: Firstly thank you to CarChem for letting me try these products out. They arrived in a very comprehensive box complete with applicators and microfibre towels too. CarChem themselves are a Nottinghamshire based company with an impressively thorough catalogue of products available in sizes appropriate for a weekend warrior or business usage alike.

http://www.car-chem.com/store/

The Product:

The packaging from CarChem is always simple and effective. Everything you need to know is right there on the labelling although the Leather Cleaner did come with a Spanish product description
The bottles and spray heads always feel robust as though they can take some use without wilting under that pressure.

What the manufacturers say:

Car-Chem Leather Cleaner 500ml- LC 102

An outstanding product which has top quality cleaning agents along with adding suppleness and resistance to the leather, also leaving it resistant to surface cracking. (Suitable for all leather products)

Directions for use
Apply either directly to surface or via a clean, dry cloth. Wipe area thoroughly. For heavy dirt area use a soft brush.

Available in alternative container sizes:
1 litre, 5 litres, 20 litres, 200 litres and 1000 litres.

Car-Chem Leather Armour 500ml - LC 100

Provides all round leather protection against the elements. Ideal for helping to keep leather supple.

Directions for use

Apply Leather Armour to a clean dry surface then allow to dry in. Buff with a clean cloth to finish.

150ml

Car-Chem Leather Cream 150ml - LC 103

"The best Leather Cream on the market!" it feeds the leather to enhance the appearance, suppleness and longevity. Also makes leather feel fantastic. (A must for all leather products!)

Directions for use

Apply sparingly, test for suppleness after 2-3 days, apply a second coat if needed.

The Method:

So the test bed for these products was a winter worn cream leather interior. This had last been cleaned in November so was long overdue.
First up was the Leather Cleaner.

One thing that I've always liked about CarChem's products is the spray triggers, they allow a fine adjustment between a mist and a jet of product.
In the case of the cleaner a few sprays per section was plenty.

This had no particular fragrance that I could detect but was infact more of a chemical smell.
Once applied the cleaner was agitated with a soft brush.

This foamed the product nicely and as it was a light coloured leather it was very clear the product was lifting the dirt from the leather.
After sufficient agitation a quick wipe with a clean microfiber revealed the cleaned finish.

A lovely matte leather was now present. Free from any grime and ingrained dirt throughout.

The rest of the interior was attacked the same way.

Following this it was important to apply some protection to the newly cleaned surfaces.

The Leather Armour which has a more subtle almost natural scent was misted onto the surface. It was the buffed until dry and a final wipe was completed.

It was difficult to gauge the effectiveness of this product as this will only become clear after some usage. I can however confirm it was a doddle to use.

Finally onto the Leather Cream.

This one did have quite a nice scent. Difficult to pin down exactly but for me it was almost a cross between a moisturiser scent and a white chocolate. Either way it was quite delightful.
The products is of a moisturiser consistency and again is a buff into the leather until absorbed type product.

It left the leather feeling smooth and soft and not at all slippy and over dressed. I would like to report back after some continued use as i think this product will benefit from time and repeat application.

Price:

The Leather Cleaner is priced at £8.99 and is available here:

http://car-chem.com/store/interior/l...-cleaner-seats

The Leather Armour is also £8.99 and is available here:

http://car-chem.com/store/interior/l...r-500ml-lc-100

The Leather Cream is £9.99 and can be purchased here:

http://car-chem.com/store/interior/l.../leather-cream

Would I use it again?:

I don't see why not.

Conclusion:

Effective and very well priced. It is a statement that can be applied to all of CarChem's lineup and these three are no exception. Having tried all three the cleaner is the only one which can visually show its results whereas the other two involve an element of time to test their effectiveness. However I can say that the three products used in unison provide a well cleaned, lovely scented and overall natural finish to this interior which certainly does feel more supple and certainly more cared for than when i started to clean them. It is exactly the finish that i search for from leather care products.
If you are in the market for a leather care kit then this one should surely be worth a consideration.

"Detailingworld™ reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test"
Luke M is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luke M For This Useful Post:
CarChem (11-04-2017), Hunty (08-04-2017), todds (07-04-2017), WHIZZER (07-04-2017)