Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Waxstock > Waxstock 2017 (Ricoh Arena - Coventry July 23rd 2017)
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxstock 2017 (Ricoh Arena - Coventry July 23rd 2017) Car Care Show - Detailing Festival - Valeting Expo - Test products - Show and Shine and loads more .

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-07-2017, 12:32 AM   #1
great gonzo
Distinguished Detailer
 
great gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Reigate Surrey.
Posts: 8,311
Thanks: 2,562
Thanked 3,085 Times in 2,288 Posts
Great start!

Travelling to waxstock with out my ticket/wrist band doh!!


Gonz.
great gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to great gonzo For This Useful Post:
Soul boy 68 (24-07-2017)
Old 23-07-2017, 06:53 AM   #2
macca666
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
macca666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ayrshire
Posts: 1,834
Thanks: 1,272
Thanked 1,215 Times in 764 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by great gonzo View Post
Travelling to waxstock with out my ticket/wrist band doh!!


Gonz.


You're not alone Gonz we all do things like that. I remember going to play golf as a youngster and getting to the bus stop which was thankfully only at the bottom of my road but thinking "I feel as if I've forgotten something"

At least it was only a short was back home to get my golf clubs

Hope you weren't too far and could turn back. Have a great day.
macca666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to macca666 For This Useful Post:
great gonzo (23-07-2017), richtea78 (23-07-2017), streaky (23-07-2017)
Old 23-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #3
Auto Allure
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: In our unit
Posts: 881
Thanks: 804
Thanked 551 Times in 323 Posts
Garage


I took our 330 in for a service and when i got there - It dawned on me i'd taken the other car not the big blatant white one.

76 miles in the wrong car so yeah it happens lol
Auto Allure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Auto Allure For This Useful Post:
streaky (23-07-2017), Welshquattro1 (23-07-2017)
Old 23-07-2017, 09:04 AM   #4
great gonzo
Distinguished Detailer
 
great gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Reigate Surrey.
Posts: 8,311
Thanks: 2,562
Thanked 3,085 Times in 2,288 Posts
No mate ticket is at home (Reigate Surrey) and I'm in Oxford!!!
I have an email of purchase so hopefully that will get me in.


Gonz.
great gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 09:05 AM   #5
great gonzo
Distinguished Detailer
 
great gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Reigate Surrey.
Posts: 8,311
Thanks: 2,562
Thanked 3,085 Times in 2,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Allure View Post


I took our 330 in for a service and when i got there - It dawned on me i'd taken the other car not the big blatant white one.

76 miles in the wrong car so yeah it happens lol
Haha classic


Gonz.
great gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to great gonzo For This Useful Post:
Auto Allure (23-07-2017)
Old 23-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #6
chrisgreen
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
chrisgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex, UK
Posts: 2,626
Thanks: 353
Thanked 1,030 Times in 708 Posts
Garage
FWIW - I spent about 2 hours yesterday pulling my home office apart trying to find mine. Was on the shelf above my desk, in plain sight, the whole time.

Just arrived - the queue is HUGE already - very good turnout.
chrisgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisgreen For This Useful Post:
Soul boy 68 (24-07-2017)
Old 23-07-2017, 05:36 PM   #7
Big Bri
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 319
Thanks: 6
Thanked 93 Times in 74 Posts
The Mrs[now x mrs] gets up Sunday morning later than me.She asks,,M3,Where is it Love.On the drive.No its not.
My Dad arrived at my house about an hour later and walked in looking anxious when he herd the conversation and spotted the policeman taking notes .Just as i was giving full details of the M3,last time i saw it and the tracker details,blah,blah,blah.
My Dad, God Rest His Soul, was dying to speak or help as i sat quite serious and upset speaking with Plod.My Dad i could see was trying to catch my eye/attention.
After about 20minutes he casually walked over and announced.
Thers an M3 Just like yours outside the papershop down the road.I passed it as i drove here.
BOOM,I Realised i had gone for a paper in the car that morning and walked back......DOH.

BB
Big Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Big Bri For This Useful Post:
Auto Allure (23-07-2017), Cookies (23-07-2017), firehorse (24-07-2017), great gonzo (23-07-2017), ianFRST (23-07-2017), Sicskate (23-07-2017), Simz (24-07-2017), Soul boy 68 (24-07-2017), Titanium Htail (23-07-2017), WayneST250 (23-07-2017), Welshquattro1 (23-07-2017)
Old 23-07-2017, 05:46 PM   #8
camerashy
'Detailing Devil'
 
camerashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Staffordshire Moorlands
Posts: 5,735
Thanks: 2,140
Thanked 2,239 Times in 1,832 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bri View Post
The Mrs[now x mrs] gets up Sunday morning later than me.She asks,,M3,Where is it Love.On the drive.No its not.
My Dad arrived at my house about an hour later and walked in looking anxious when he herd the conversation and spotted the policeman taking notes .Just as i was giving full details of the M3,last time i saw it and the tracker details,blah,blah,blah.
My Dad, God Rest His Soul, was dying to speak or help as i sat quite serious and upset speaking with Plod.My Dad i could see was trying to catch my eye/attention.
After about 20minutes he casually walked over and announced.
Thers an M3 Just like yours outside the papershop down the road.I passed it as i drove here.
BOOM,I Realised i had gone for a paper in the car that morning and walked back......DOH.

BB
Classic....LMAI
camerashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 06:16 PM   #9
Sicskate
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Sicskate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Margate
Posts: 3,403
Thanks: 2,415
Thanked 1,308 Times in 1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by great gonzo View Post
No mate ticket is at home (Reigate Surrey) and I'm in Oxford!!!
I have an email of purchase so hopefully that will get me in.


Gonz.
Did you get in??

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
Sicskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 08:15 PM   #10
great gonzo
Distinguished Detailer
 
great gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Reigate Surrey.
Posts: 8,311
Thanks: 2,562
Thanked 3,085 Times in 2,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicskate View Post
Did you get in??

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
Well!!!!
I had confirmation on email with me along with the Paypal receipt and ticket receipt and photo of the wrist band and photo ID.


They wouldn't have it and had to pay again at a reduced rate, couldn't park in any of the car parks had to park in Tescos too.

Not happy.


Gonz.
great gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors