Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Waxstock > Waxstock 2017 (Ricoh Arena - Coventry July 23rd 2017)
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxstock 2017 (Ricoh Arena - Coventry July 23rd 2017) Car Care Show - Detailing Festival - Valeting Expo - Test products - Show and Shine and loads more .

Old 23-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #11
Steve_6R
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Yeah I'll agree with the previous thoughts. Was easily pointing out stone chips and swirls on many of the cars.

My first time at Waxstock, and despite my first thoughts walking into the arena being 'is this it?' I was surprised at how much was in the show, and such a variety of cars.

Took loads of pictures so I'll whack them up when I get home, but I'll happily go again
Steve_6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 06:16 PM   #12
funkydunk
Washmitt Meister

My first time. I absolutely loved it and just about managed to stay on budget (no thanks to the odk boys). I'm going to start saving for next year. I do have to agree the parking wasn't great but please don't move, its on my doorstep.
funkydunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 09:40 PM   #13
noddy r32
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieharley1 View Post
Attended myself went for a hour - really not happy due to seeing people with bags and even a bloke with a open jacket with a zip scrapping down SBs M2 - I did pulled him up for it!

I was thinking about when I get my RS to do the top 16 but after seeing some inconsiderate a holes I won't unless they use ropes around the car
Surely there should have some watching the show cars I would be ****ed off if that had happened to my car
noddy r32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to noddy r32 For This Useful Post:
mattr8700 (24-07-2017)
Old 23-07-2017, 09:41 PM   #14
Alfieharley1

Thanked 1,250 Times in 985 Posts
I'm still fuming about it now and until they do this I'm afraid I won't be attending even if my car is not in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alfieharley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 09:53 PM   #15
Danjc

Garage
Quote:
Attended myself went for a hour - really not happy due to seeing people with bags and even a bloke with a open jacket with a zip scrapping down SBs M2 - I did pulled him up for it!

I was thinking about when I get my RS to do the top 16 but after seeing some inconsiderate a holes I won't unless they use ropes around the car
I also noticed a few people touching cars for some bizarre reason and as you say not really being bothered what they did with there bags full of gear as they marched past people's cars !
Danjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 10:03 PM   #16
noddy r32

Quote:
I'm still fuming about it now and until they do this I'm afraid I won't be attending even if my car is not in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I'm sure it will put a lot of people off , people with no respect and don't care about the time and effort getting the cars to great standard for the show
noddy r32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 12:07 AM   #17
k1ngf1sher
Unwashed Member

Garage
Was my first time there, definitely too busy! i felt it had a much larger open space in the middle which could have been better used and around the sides it was too tight, it had massively died down around 2:30 though so I was able to go around again and try and talk to some of the people at the stands... also agree with the above comments the cars should have been roped off, but as gas head said, a bigger venue would be ideal as you'd need space to rope cars off.
k1ngf1sher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 01:01 AM   #18
Guitarjon

I want to know why there were swirls on show cars? I guess a lot of weekend warriors attend these without the right equipment/ knowledge thinking they have clean cars. Big difference between clean and damn near perfect. I see it a lot on car club meets and rallies. Always get the old guy with an immaculate car in perfect condition, except the swirls...
Guitarjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 06:43 PM   #19
paulhib2015
Unwashed Member

Totally agree with bigger venue. I think it needs to be split into different areas of detailing so for example you could have a wax section, polishing section etc with more demonstrations, not just a heavy gtech presence, more companies etc. As if I'm being honest you can get around everything in less than an hour without looking at the show cars....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
paulhib2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 07:07 PM   #20
dubstyle
Orbital Oracle

Garage
I had to park in the retail section, it said upto 5 hours unless and event was on so im guessing that was just the major events.

I was just going to go in the arrive and shine but said there was no space, i walk in and the quite a few spaces which was a shame.

It was alot busier than before, i think next time i'll just go later and risk some products going out of stock.

I've been to eveyone but this one was a little crowded.
dubstyle is offline   Reply With Quote