Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-11-2017, 06:07 PM   #21
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,483
Thanks: 1,994
Thanked 2,766 Times in 2,069 Posts
Garage
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRESSURE-...item2a894f5440 - Suttner trigger gun with stainless swivel
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-3-8-Pr...item4d0185eb60 - QR for the hose & gun
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-M22-M...item4d490529be - allows female side of QR to join to an M22 hose termination
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-3-8-M...item4cfeaf5463 - 3/8 BSP male to male - joins male side of QR to the swivel
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressure-...item3f7c26189c - gives the outlet of the gun QR capability (11.6mm QR plug)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressure-W...item8740d9afb7 - provides angled lance to connect to the gun, with tips that can either be used on the gun directly or on the end of the lance
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-PTFE...YAAOSw311Zt6bQ - a roll of PTFE tape to do the lot up with

By my maths that lot comes to a bit under £80 and is 95% as functional (the brass won't be quite as durable as the stainless) as the full on Mosmatic setup, if not quite as pretty

Last edited by steelghost; 20-11-2017 at 07:36 PM.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
MarkP80 (21-11-2017), Rob D 88 (20-11-2017)
Old 20-11-2017, 10:25 PM   #22
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 537
Thanks: 620
Thanked 261 Times in 155 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRESSURE-...item2a894f5440 - Suttner trigger gun with stainless swivel
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-3-8-Pr...item4d0185eb60 - QR for the hose & gun
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-M22-M...item4d490529be - allows female side of QR to join to an M22 hose termination
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-3-8-M...item4cfeaf5463 - 3/8 BSP male to male - joins male side of QR to the swivel
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressure-...item3f7c26189c - gives the outlet of the gun QR capability (11.6mm QR plug)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressure-W...item8740d9afb7 - provides angled lance to connect to the gun, with tips that can either be used on the gun directly or on the end of the lance
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-PTFE...YAAOSw311Zt6bQ - a roll of PTFE tape to do the lot up with

By my maths that lot comes to a bit under £80 and is 95% as functional (the brass won't be quite as durable as the stainless) as the full on Mosmatic setup, if not quite as pretty
SteelGhost you are crazy...

I know it's a lot cheaper but it does look like it. I know it might do the same job but so does my existing set up.

I just always want something that bit better! I end up spending a fortune!
Rob D 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 09:34 AM   #23
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,483
Thanks: 1,994
Thanked 2,766 Times in 2,069 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D 88 View Post
SteelGhost you are crazy...

I know it's a lot cheaper but it does look like it. I know it might do the same job but so does my existing set up.

I just always want something that bit better! I end up spending a fortune!
Heh, yeah if you've already got a functional lance setup that's better than the stock one, there's not much point in a sideways move. I just wanted to point out for anyone reading this thread that you don't have to spend hundreds to get a huge improvement on the basic trigger setup, and that you can match Mr Moreman's setup, at least functionally, for a lot less money.

I hear you about wanting something that bit better though - all those stainless QRs etc look very nice! Wanting something "that bit better" seems to be how I've ended up with a Kranzle HD7, wall mounted hose reel, underbody lance, vario lance, quick connects for everything, etc etc I think power washer bits might be my wax substitute...

Last edited by steelghost; 21-11-2017 at 09:42 AM.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (21-11-2017)
Old 21-11-2017, 09:41 AM   #24
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 537
Thanks: 620
Thanked 261 Times in 155 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
Heh, yeah if you've already got a functional lance setup that's better than the stock one, there's not much point in a sideways move. I just wanted to point out for anyone reading this thread that you don't have to spend hundreds to get a huge improvement on the basic trigger setup.

I hear you about wanting something that bit better though - all those stainless QRs etc look very nice! Wanting something "that bit better" seems to be how I've ended up with a Kranzle HD7, wall mounted hose reel, underbody lance, vario lance, quick connects for everything, etc etc I think power washer bits might be my wax substitute...
Ol dear!!!

There was you trying to show everyone the cheap way!

She has offered to order it from America for Christmas but I just don't know whether I should. If it a waste when mine does it all the same?

What you think?

You must have spent a fortune on your setup!
Rob D 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 10:21 AM   #25
markcaughey
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 642
Thanks: 48
Thanked 185 Times in 138 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLMd...ature=youtu.be

Saw this posed this morning by Q Washers. Looks like a very nice set up.

Looks very similar to Matts set up from Obsessed Garage, I have held off for as long ordering his Mosmatic set up but don't know what his international shipping is like.
markcaughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 10:43 AM   #26
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 537
Thanks: 620
Thanked 261 Times in 155 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcaughey View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLMd...ature=youtu.be

Saw this posed this morning by Q Washers. Looks like a very nice set up.

Looks very similar to Matts set up from Obsessed Garage, I have held off for as long ordering his Mosmatic set up but don't know what his international shipping is like.
Nice! He has obviously seen the demand for this quick release malarkey!!!

That looks pretty similar. Again you can see that extra bit of quality with the full Mosmatic setup but this one is impressive too. How much is it?

I also like the MTM Hydro Snow Lance haha.

I have spoken to Matt at Obsessed Garage and the postage is about £40 and will arrive within 4 days DHL!

Rob
Rob D 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 11:33 AM   #27
markcaughey
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 642
Thanks: 48
Thanked 185 Times in 138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D 88 View Post
Nice! He has obviously seen the demand for this quick release malarkey!!!

That looks pretty similar. Again you can see that extra bit of quality with the full Mosmatic setup but this one is impressive too. How much is it?

I also like the MTM Hydro Snow Lance haha.

I have spoken to Matt at Obsessed Garage and the postage is about £40 and will arrive within 4 days DHL!

Rob
Just got a price back from Q washers that set up is £145 posted and then an extra £12 for the Karcher adapter that I would need.

So if you don't include the adapter and compare it to Matts setup they are both very similarly priced. Matts converts to £147 but then obviously £40 postage on top.

I won't be buying one just now but will wait until spring time and treat myself, probably won't see much use in the winter anyway. I think for the little bit extra I would rather have Matts Mosmatic setup. Its thoroughly tried and tested and anyone that watches his videos knows what I'm talking about ! As Matt says "respect the source"
markcaughey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to markcaughey For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (21-11-2017)
Old 21-11-2017, 11:50 AM   #28
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,483
Thanks: 1,994
Thanked 2,766 Times in 2,069 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D 88 View Post
Ol dear!!!

There was you trying to show everyone the cheap way!

She has offered to order it from America for Christmas but I just don't know whether I should. If it a waste when mine does it all the same?

What you think?

You must have spent a fortune on your setup!
I like to think of it as the moderately less expensive way I suppose I think of it as buy good gear once and look after it and it'll last a long time, plus all the while you have the pleasure of using good gear. I'm aware that you can buy a whole PW for the money I've laid out above, but you could end up doing that every year or two if you're unlucky.

I started off with the standard M2000 Kranzle long gun, which is a perfectly good gun but with the long lance on it it's a bit cumbersome, and can be a pain to take apart to put away, or swap lances over.
So I ended up getting some QRs, and then found the 10M hose wasn't quite long enough to get around the car.
So ended up getting a hose reel + 15m heavy duty hose + 2m link hose. That's a pretty nice setup if you can find the room but it can still get twisted up if you turn it too many times.
So then I got a rotary coupling to add on to the hose (before the QR) to stop that. Just lately I've got a "cranked" (ie, a small bend) lance for it to make it easier to rinse down the roof etc, and that comes with variable nozzles like you've got. I also made a "stubby lance" like in Whizzer's recent thread.
And this week it's my birthday so my brothers are sorting me out with a snowfoam gun and a short MTM Hydro trigger so I can use all the lances, nozzles etc with either a short or long gun depending on the job For instance, if you're jetwashing driveways you want plenty of distance between you and the business end of the "Dirtkiller" nozzle or you end up with a face full of grit

So it has cost a few bob but it's been over the course of a couple of years, and some of the bits have been birthday presents etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcaughey View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLMd...ature=youtu.be

Saw this posed this morning by Q Washers. Looks like a very nice set up.

Looks very similar to Matts set up from Obsessed Garage, I have held off for as long ordering his Mosmatic set up but don't know what his international shipping is like.
Thinking about whether it's worth it; the final cost for the Mosmatic is going to be around £155 for the gear, plus shipping, plus import duty / VAT. Given it's coming via courier you will definitely pay the duty, so I think you're talking well over £200 all in, maybe £230.

I saw the same video from qwashers, there's a comment under the video that it would be about £160. It's a Suttner gun, I'm not totally sure of the link but if you look at http://www.mosmatic.co.uk you can see that some of their HP guns are basically the same as the Suttner ones, plus there is a shared logo on the plate. So it's a very similar gun. All the connects are stainless just like MM's package, plus it has the built in stainless swivel, and the lance is a Suttner item too.

Overall I'm not seeing the value in spending the extra £80 or so unless getting it from OG really matters to you! He's selling it as "tested" but as I said in my earlier post, this isn't rocket science - MTM Hydro and Mosmatic / Suttner have already done all the engineering; he's plugged it all together and done some very slick marketing. You don't need stainless steel QRs for washing cars, although it certainly looks nice. As the original topic of this thread shows, the only thing that really matters from a functional point of view is getting the right nozzle size

Last edited by steelghost; 21-11-2017 at 11:53 AM.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (21-11-2017)
Old 21-11-2017, 11:55 AM   #29
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 537
Thanks: 620
Thanked 261 Times in 155 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcaughey View Post
Just got a price back from Q washers that set up is £145 posted and then an extra £12 for the Karcher adapter that I would need.

So if you don't include the adapter and compare it to Matts setup they are both very similarly priced. Matts converts to £147 but then obviously £40 postage on top.

I won't be buying one just now but will wait until spring time and treat myself, probably won't see much use in the winter anyway. I think for the little bit extra I would rather have Matts Mosmatic setup. Its thoroughly tried and tested and anyone that watches his videos knows what I'm talking about ! As Matt says "respect the source"
Yeah exactly, it's £207 roughly excluding postage for Matts Mosmatic including the MTM Hydro lance! I think I would rather pay the extra.

Go all in I say, have the top of the range!
Rob D 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 12:02 PM   #30
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,483
Thanks: 1,994
Thanked 2,766 Times in 2,069 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D 88 View Post
Yeah exactly, it's £207 roughly excluding postage for Matts Mosmatic including the MTM Hydro lance! I think I would rather pay the extra.

Go all in I say, have the top of the range!
The qwashers package in the video is just as good as the OG one - the extra is not buying you any extra quality or functionality, it's essentially the extra taxes and shipping involved in having gear made in Europe go all the way to the US, and then back again. You're essentially paying to say you've got it from a slightly Internet-famous YouTuber. Only you can decide whether or not that's worth ~£80 to you
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors