Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 15-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #11
roscopervis
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

I think it's a great product and can be used all over the car. I've used it on the windscreen, no problems, though it's too early to say how long it will last. Fraser says it will last 2-3 months.

Wheels are very easy too, as are plastics (just make sure you clean them properly first - magic sponges are good for this.)

On paint I know what everyone means about the removal being tough, but I think the key is being really quick with the first wipe and second buff. I also found that if it is a bit tough after the first wipe, leaving it a short while helps too, the haze removes easier. I have V1 of the product I believe.

Lasts so long on paint, I reckon it will do a year easy.
roscopervis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roscopervis For This Useful Post:
MSwiss (15-11-2017)
Old 15-11-2017, 01:43 PM   #12
MSwiss
Washmitt Meister

Thanks Rosco, a year protection wow that some going ! I am hoping it will protect the new car from the winter salting.

Would there be a benefit to putting a wax on top of this sealant to help the look? if so how long do you think I should wait before applying?

Last edited by MSwiss; 15-11-2017 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Additional question
MSwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #13
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,754 Times in 2,062 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSwiss View Post
Thanks Rosco, a year protection wow that some going ! I am hoping it will protect the new car from the winter salting.

Would there be a benefit to putting a wax on top of this sealant to help the look? if so how long do you think I should wait before applying?
When the Wowos products first came on the "scene" last summer Fraser specifically suggested putting Contact 121 over Crystal sealant. Apparently it's a fairly epic combo You can obvs use any other wax you like

(I've got both products but have yet to try them together. Thus far have only tried Crystal Sealant on glass, where is it epically hydrophobic - even Auto Foam which is one of the most "wetting" cleaners going just runs off the sealed windows )
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
fraser87uk (16-11-2017), Gixxer6 (15-11-2017), MSwiss (15-11-2017)
Old 15-11-2017, 03:19 PM   #14
MSwiss
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
When the Wowos products first came on the "scene" last summer Fraser specifically suggested putting Contact 121 over Crystal sealant. Apparently it's a fairly epic combo You can obvs use any other wax you like

(I've got both products but have yet to try them together. Thus far have only tried Crystal Sealant on glass, where is it epically hydrophobic - even Auto Foam which is one of the most "wetting" cleaners going just runs off the sealed windows )
Thanks Steel, helpful as ever

Will post some picks when I am done
The Following User Says Thank You to MSwiss For This Useful Post:
steelghost (15-11-2017)
Old 15-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #15
Gixxer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
Thus far have only tried Crystal Sealant on glass, where is it epically hydrophobic - even Auto Foam which is one of the most "wetting" cleaners going just runs off the sealed windows )
Did you apply CS to the windscreen? If you did, do you have any issues with wiper judder or any issues with visibility when driving at night? (light reflection/distortion for example)
Did you carry out any special preparation prior to CS being applied to glass?
Gixxer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 03:26 PM   #16
steelghost

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer6 View Post
Did you apply CS to the windscreen? If you did, do you have any issues with wiper judder or any issues with visibility when driving at night? (light reflection/distortion for example)
I stuck with Carlack Glass Finish for the windscreen, but I put it on every other piece of glass on the car including wing mirrors.

Before application I cleaned the glass with magic sponge (melamine foam) and Surfex HD, rinsed off to clear the residue and then cleaned again with Nilco Nilglass and a glass cloth.
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
Gixxer6 (15-11-2017)
Old 15-11-2017, 03:46 PM   #17
MSwiss
Washmitt Meister

Hi Steel, is there a reason you didn't use it on the windscreen ? Amongst my ever growing collection of detailing products I don't have another glass sealent apart from a very old halfords rain X equivalent. I was wondering if the CS is very hydrophobic would it do a good job?
Old 15-11-2017, 03:56 PM   #18
steelghost

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSwiss View Post
Hi Steel, is there a reason you didn't use it on the windscreen ? Amongst my ever growing collection of detailing products I don't have another glass sealent apart from a very old halfords rain X equivalent. I was wondering if the CS is very hydrophobic would it do a good job?
The reason being I find Glass Finish lasts around six months on the windscreen and plays nicely with wipers etc, so I decided to stay with that product. I have seen someone on here speculate that very hydrophobic sealants might actually cause wiper judder, because they let the water roll off so efficiently that there might not be enough to lubricate the blade as it passes over the glass...not sure how true that might be, but given I had a product that I knew worked very well in a critical role, I didn't want to potentially have to muck about removing CS in case it didn't work well.

Last edited by steelghost; 15-11-2017 at 03:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
MSwiss (15-11-2017)
Old 15-11-2017, 06:07 PM   #19
roscopervis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer6 View Post
On my windscreen I was doing my winter prep so it had tar and glue remover, fall out remover, it was clayed, panel wiped, polished with Autoglym Glass Polish and then applied. So far it is working well. Absolutely no wiper judder, smearing or any other ill effects. Given the cost other glass sealants per ml and the versatility of this product, I think it's great.
roscopervis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to roscopervis For This Useful Post:
Gixxer6 (15-11-2017), MSwiss (15-11-2017), steelghost (16-11-2017)
Old 30-11-2017, 09:36 AM   #20
MSwiss
Washmitt Meister

Hi all,

Thought I would give you a quick update on how I got on with the Crystal sealant.

Application, my product is the V2 and whilst its not an easy product to remove it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I used two microfibers and worked the product on a third of a panel at a time. I think being cooler helped, I am not sure how it would be during the summer. The paint looked amazing (sorry no photos as the light was gone when I had finished) and felt like glass ! the flake looked good too. I did the whole car including all glass and the plastic trim, I changed my cloths for the glass as it was a little grabby to a very short pile which helped a lot.

We did two cars and the summer and winter wheels, my mates mini (metallic black) looked flat upon arrival and was treated to a full wash,decon, polish and then the sealant. The car looked fantastic and really brought the paint back to life. What also amazed me was the amount of product used, as I said 4 sets of wheels 1 x mini countryman and a Merc GLC, we used less than half a bottle of product which I thought was a winner for value of product.

As for the performance well, its strange I was almost wishing for it to rain lol but when it did boy this product performs well. It started to rain when I was on the autoroute I was doing 70 KMH and no wipers needed. When I came off the autoroute I am pleased to say no wiper judder at all and no strange smearing, just a crystal clear windscreen. I am sure there are better products for glass but as I didn't have any this really does work well if you don't mind 2-3 months longevity.

The beading on the paint is also amazing, it runs off fast and easy, beads are tall and tight and with the snow in full swing here its really helping for it to glide off the car rather than settle.

So in conclusion, not as easy as a wax granted but for me the extra effort is well worth the results that the product gives and the claimed longevity. I will update this and let you all know what I am getting but from reading other threads my hopes are high.

HTH anyone who is looking at this product.
The Following User Says Thank You to MSwiss For This Useful Post:
steelghost (30-11-2017)