Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 30-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #21
Brian1612
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,939 Posts
Give the wet application method a go also. Tried this recently after my first application of Crystal Sealant on the wheels 4 months ago. It was still beading well but you could see a slight drop in beading compared to when freshly applied so wanted to boost protection.

You simply mist a few spritz of it onto a wet wheel/panel, spread over with one towel, buff and dry with another. It's effortless this way and bar a little less in the durability department there are no other negatives. I have some photo's of the before and after protection on my wheels doing it this way, will stick them in here when I get home tonight.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brian1612 For This Useful Post:
mdebeum (01-12-2017), MSwiss (30-11-2017), Sam6er (30-11-2017), steelghost (30-11-2017)
Old 01-12-2017, 07:51 AM   #22
MSwiss
Washmitt Meister

Its snowing heavy here today, on the drive to work it was settling on all the other cars but not on mine ! every time I pulled off it all just blew away. Really pleased with the product
MSwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:28 PM   #23
Brian1612

Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,939 Posts
First photo is the before after 4 months.

2nd one shows the beading after a misting of CS then dried with a MF towel. Just effortless to do and an easy way to keep that protection topped up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Brian1612; 01-12-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brian1612 For This Useful Post:
camerashy (01-12-2017), Sam6er (01-12-2017)
Old 01-12-2017, 11:05 PM   #24
mdebeum
Sponge Jockey

Awesome, I'm going to try that this weekend!

Was hoping to get the Nanocoat in as well to try it next to waxaddict vortex on the bonnet but hasn't arrived yet.. Probably be raining anyway, so that job will be for next week..
mdebeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:10 PM   #25
MSwiss
Washmitt Meister

Thanks Brian ,I am going to try that on SWMBO car next weekend, if it’s not snowing!
Old 02-12-2017, 08:09 PM   #26
Sam6er

Gave the wet method a try today on the wheels and was really easy to do. Left great beading aswell. Thanks for the tip Brian. I may try wet application on the windscreen aswell to see if it makes it easier.
Sam6er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam6er For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (03-12-2017), MSwiss (02-12-2017)
Old 18-12-2017, 08:18 AM   #27
MSwiss
Washmitt Meister

I thought I would give an update on how the product is holding up so far, we have had a fair amount of snow and therefore loads of salt on the roads so this weekend was wash time!

But as I woke up to this -

I decided I couldn't wash at home due to freezing temperatures so I would use BH Auto foam in a pump sprayer at the local jet wash and do the best I could without touching the car, buckets are banned at the jetwash. So here is the car to start with -

Oh and as an added bonus the jet wash has a selection to use DI water so no water spots!

And after using Auto Foam, I am pretty happy with the way the dirt came off the car. This is two combined things in my opinion, a fantastic pre wash product used as per the review in a pump sprayer and it really did a great job. Also the Crystal sealant holding up well and helping to get the dirt off. Let me know what you think -

So in conclusion the product is holding up well and the beading still looks good. Although I didn't touch the car I think its come up quite well, the only place the product really hasn't held up is on the windscreen but to be fair its not a dedicated product and it did well for a month. I am going to try a dedicated product for this for longevity. Everywhere else though it doing the job and that's what I wanted, something to help keep the harsh dirt off in the winter months.

Thanks for reading.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSwiss For This Useful Post:
euge07 (18-12-2017), Gixxer6 (18-12-2017), JoeyJoeJo (18-12-2017)
Old 18-12-2017, 10:09 AM   #28
Gixxer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSwiss View Post
Although I didn't touch the car I think its come up quite well, the only place the product really hasn't held up is on the windscreen but to be fair its not a dedicated product and it did well for a month. I am going to try a dedicated product for this for longevity. Everywhere else though it doing the job and that's what I wanted, something to help keep the harsh dirt off in the winter months.

Thanks for reading.
Thanks for the update on Crystal Sealant, I was planning on trying CS on the windscreen of my car but since it hasn't held up that well on your car I'll probably buy a dedicated product for the windsreen, I have my eye on Carlack Glass Finish or Nanolex Urban Glass Sealant
Gixxer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gixxer6 For This Useful Post:
MSwiss (18-12-2017)
Old 18-12-2017, 10:36 AM   #29
MSwiss
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer6 View Post
Thanks for the update on Crystal Sealant, I was planning on trying CS on the windscreen of my car but since it hasn't held up that well on your car I'll probably buy a dedicated product for the windsreen, I have my eye on Carlack Glass Finish or Nanolex Urban Glass Sealant
The side windows are still beading a treat its just the front screen, I was thinking about the HDD hydrology or the Auto Glanz product for the screen, hmm decisions lol.
Old 18-12-2017, 10:54 AM   #30
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,754 Times in 2,062 Posts
Garage
I've found the same having applied Crystal Sealant to my windows (not windscreen). It's very durable on "unswept" glass, but on the tailgate of our car there is a clear semicircle where the water doesn't bead anymore. I'll go back to my standard product for swept glass, which is Carlack Glass Finish.

None of this should be taken as a criticism of CS which is still so hydrophobic on the side windows that prewashes and foams won't cling to it for more than a few seconds and that after application in May.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
MSwiss (18-12-2017)