Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 30-11-2017, 12:54 AM   #1
bigbruiser
Orbital Oracle

Karcher K4 Gun Thread

Seen this question asked many times so though putting the info in one thread may help.
After looking on how to turn my K4 into something a bit better month by month while cash permitted and with help of Steel Ghost & Rob.

Here is K4 with her new kit on

The Sutter gun in its variance

The gun with a lance and 40 degree nozzle

Parts list Nov 2017

22MM MALE x 3/8 BSP MALE
Quick Release 11.6mm 1/4"Male B.S.P
Angled Lance Extension Compact Quick Release
ST1100 SWIVEL sutter gun
Karcher Pressure Washer Quick Release Socket
Heavy duty 15m rubber pressure washer hose

Make sure when you buy the nozzle set the correct size is 0.3 for Karcher K4
Hope that helps some of you

Edit: As requested to keep things neat i purchased everything through eBay, i did't link prices as some things have already gone up in price and both sellers were a bit pain but all good in the end
Edit: More bits arrived updated thread

Well mrs postie just came and i purchased a cheap Chinese adaptor thing weeks ago and as most of will have a snow foam gun and has allowed me to do this:

Take of the black plastic Karcher adaptor and:

Now if you fancy a shortened lance with the convenience of the quick adaptor and without the cost BigAl got you covered

Some of the variation you could use :

PS: No i dont sell or make any profit from the gear this is all SteelGhost's fault and im easily influenced lol.

Last edited by bigbruiser; 30-11-2017 at 02:34 PM.
bigbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbruiser For This Useful Post:
Demetri (31-12-2017), Paul04 (30-11-2017), steelghost (30-11-2017)
Old 30-11-2017, 07:14 AM   #2
Paul04
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Good stuff. Can you adjust the thread to add where you purchased from please?
Paul04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 07:40 AM   #3
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,756 Times in 2,064 Posts
Garage
To quote myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRESSURE-...item2a894f5440 - Suttner trigger gun with stainless swivel
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-3-8-Pr...item4d0185eb60 - QR for the hose & gun
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-M22-M...item4d490529be - allows female side of QR to join to an M22 hose termination
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-3-8-M...item4cfeaf5463 - 3/8 BSP male to male - joins male side of QR to the swivel
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressure-...item3f7c26189c - gives the outlet of the gun QR capability (11.6mm QR plug)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressure-W...item8740d9afb7 - provides angled lance to connect to the gun, with tips that can either be used on the gun directly or on the end of the lance
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-PTFE...YAAOSw311Zt6bQ - a roll of PTFE tape to do the lot up with

By my maths that lot comes to a bit under £80 and is 95% as functional (the brass won't be quite as durable as the stainless) as the full on Mosmatic setup, if not quite as pretty
Glad to see you got all the parts in the end BB

After all that - the acid test, does it work well and do what you want?

Last edited by steelghost; 30-11-2017 at 07:44 AM.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 07:56 AM   #4
Forsh

Garage
That looks proper!

I see the gun has a swivel, one thing that I think would be most useful to me would be a swivel adaptor to allow the hose to rotate at either the gun or the pressure washer

Has anyone seen one with Karcher quick release compatability?

Forsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 10:27 AM   #5
steelghost

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsh View Post
That looks proper!

I see the gun has a swivel, one thing that I think would be most useful to me would be a swivel adaptor to allow the hose to rotate at either the gun or the pressure washer

Has anyone seen one with Karcher quick release compatability?

Danger, Will Robinson! I'm giving you fair warning now that this is the thin end of the wedge, the Zymol panel pot of pressure washer parts, if you will

I've spent more time on eBay and supplier sites for this sort of gear than I care to think about, and I've never come across such a thing, unless Karcher themselves do one

The thing about the connections on these machines is that they're designed to let you hook the thing up easily and quickly straight out of the box (and to be as cheap to manufacture as possible!) However if you want to do something a little different (like add a swivel) things very quickly get awkward. Let's say you buy a swivel with standard connections, eg 3/8" BSP or M22; you'd need an adapter to allow the plug on the end of the hose to connect to the back of the swivel. Then on the other side of the swivel, you'd need another plug, to connect into your gun. And the odds are that the swivel and the plug adapter might not have the same fittings, so you might need another adapter in between those two.

So now, even though you have a swivel, you also have potentially 20cm of adaptors hanging off the bottom of your gun. All that mechanical strain is not going to be good for the little plug that finally does go into your gun, and you stand a good chance of it starting leaking before too long.

So overall if you're thinking of doing this, I'd suggest something like the OP has done - upgrade the gun to one with a swivel, get a separate lance with interchangeable nozzles, and if applicable, get the right QR for your snowfoam lance. Then you can just have a single adapter for the Karcher hose plug. If you ever decide to upgrade your hose, you can dispense with that and go to "proper" quick connects. This all then has the advantage that your high quality gun, lance, hose, etc are independent of whatever PW you have, and you only need to change the adaptor at the machine end, if needs be.

Last edited by steelghost; 04-12-2017 at 10:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
Forsh (30-11-2017)
Old 30-11-2017, 10:31 AM   #6
bigbruiser
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post

After all that - the acid test, does it work well and do what you want?
Well i did my 1st test and fitting leaked a little, Taped them all up and made sure there were tight leaked stopped.

Next problem was the K4 was still pulsing when the trigger was not pressed not as bad as the last gun but every 15 seconds, changed the hozelock adapter from the K4 to the hose pipe and it sorted now however it 1c here so and the car is clean so no play date today
bigbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbruiser For This Useful Post:
steelghost (30-11-2017)
Old 30-11-2017, 10:37 AM   #7
steelghost

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbruiser View Post
Well i did my 1st test and fitting leaked a little, Taped them all up and made sure there were tight leaked stopped.

Next problem was the K4 was still pulsing when the trigger was not pressed not as bad as the last gun but every 15 seconds, changed the hozelock adapter from the K4 to the hose pipe and it sorted now however it 1c here so and the car is clean so no play date today
Yep with all these things I always find I need to use a good bit of teflon tape and then nip them up with a spanner, then it's all good.

Glad it all worked out in the end
Old 30-11-2017, 12:59 PM   #8
Cleanfoam
Washmitt Meister

Garage
I'm glad I found this thread - been thinking of doing something similar to mine but wasn't quite sure the best way to go about it. This forum never ceases to amaze me - who knew there were so many creative ways to empty my bank account
Cleanfoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 01:35 PM   #9
Forsh

Garage
Bigbruiser: Sorry for the potential hijack but hope my question is a little relevant

Cheers for the comprehensive reply SG!

I reckon you're right with the build up unless, as you say, Karcher do one,
I think there would be far less issue with the hose kinking if it were allowed to rotate

Old 30-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #10
Forsh

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsh View Post
Bigbruiser: Sorry for the potential hijack but hope my question is a little relevant

Cheers for the comprehensive reply SG!

I reckon you're right with the build up unless, as you say, Karcher do one,
I think there would be far less issue with the hose kinking if it were allowed to rotate

it's a start but at the price I think I'll manage...

http://www.karchercenteraquaspray.co...-64014120.html