Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 20-12-2017, 01:52 AM   #1
Mike82.
Unwashed Member

Question G-Techniq or SiRamik

Hello, I am new to this Forum and I was looking for your opinions/Advice.

I am wanting to get my car detailed and sealed with a ceramic coating.
I have the choice between the below two options, as I live in the North of Scotland choices are limited. SiRamik APT With Diamas Or Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black. Main question is which product do you guys think is best.

Option 1, This is very close to me and would be a lot less hassle. Also £200 less than option 2.
Thorough safe wash to the exterior of your car, using the appropriate products to remove all contamination present.
Alloy wheels removed, cleaned inside and out and prepped for ceramic coating.
Inner arches and brake calipers would be cleaned while the wheels were removed.
Paint inspection carried out to identify any defects in paintwork appearance.
Dual stage machine polish carried out to remove and swirls/marks found, enhance the gloss to the appearance of the Glacier White paintwork and ensure the best possible condition before the coating application.
SiRamik APT + Diamas ceramic coatings applied to all exterior paintwork and trim.
SiRamik Vision applied to all exterior glass.
SiRamik HR (heat resistant ceramic coating) applied to Alloy wheels, Brake Calipers and exhaust tips.
Engine bay cleaned and plastics coated with SiRamik HR.
Interior valeted and left in a "AS NEW" condition.

Option 2 is over an hour away, however I have used them before for a previous car and could not fault the service or product.
Enhancement detail - Extra Large vehicle
Crystal Serum Black which is a coat of Gtechniq crystal serum, followed by two coats of Gtechniq exo.- Extra Large vehicle
C5 Wheels off Package
Gtechniq G1 Smart glass

The Car is an Audi RS6 2015 Glacier White with 11000 miles if this makes a difference to the above 2 choices.

Thanks in Advance for your opinions.
I could not find anything online that directly compares the both products.
Mike82. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 06:54 AM   #2
aslettd
PC Perfectionist

I think you have kind of answered your own question, if it was me I would go with the detailer I have used and trusted. There's nothing wrong with siramik at all, and it's not a comparison between the 2, more about who's applying it and prepping your car. Even the best can be dog S++T in the wrong hands. If you don't know enough about who is applying siramik, then better to be safe than sorry
aslettd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 07:44 AM   #3
Alfieharley1
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,025 Posts
To be honest for Glacier White I would be leaning more towards gtechniq. From research I see alot of siramik on dark cars.
If you do have a polished angel nearby I would also look into this
Alfieharley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 10:12 AM   #4
wish wash

I think you'd get better customer service if something goes wrong with the coating from gtechniq. To keep the warranty don't you have to take it back to the applyer for a maintenance detail once a year which costs a couple hundred quid
wish wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 10:18 AM   #5
IamDave
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wish wash View Post
I think you'd get better customer service if something goes wrong with the coating from gtechniq. To keep the warranty don't you have to take it back to the applyer for a maintenance detail once a year which costs a couple hundred quid
You do indeed. Took mine back again this year and was around £250 as the bonnet needed polishing. That price also includes a refresh of EXO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IamDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2017, 01:08 PM   #6
wylie coyote

Thanked 1,105 Times in 910 Posts
I had Siramik with Diamas applied to my car by a pro when new back in April last year. Excellent product and it's still working really well without having any top-ups or refreshes. Would definitely recommend it if applied correctly.
wylie coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wylie coyote For This Useful Post:
Beau Technique (21-12-2017), TheMattFinish (21-12-2017), unique detail (05-01-2018)
Old 21-12-2017, 12:27 AM   #7
Mike82.
Unwashed Member

Thanks for all the replies.
Will probably go with the G-Techniq but I grudge paying £1300 including the enchancement detail.

The guy that does the SiRamik was a bit cheaper and I’m sure he is good at what he does but think I will go with who I know. That’s if I can convince myself to pay that much.

Thanks
Mike
Mike82. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #8
dooka
DW Supporter & Woollie Pad Man

Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,617 Posts
Garage
SiRamik for me ..
dooka is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dooka For This Useful Post:
Beau Technique (21-12-2017), TheMattFinish (21-12-2017), unique detail (05-01-2018)
Old 21-12-2017, 09:45 AM   #9
B0DSKI

Send a message via AIM to B0DSKI
Has to be Siramik for me too.

How many tails do you hear of Siramik coatings failing? None that I've heard of. Certainly not the case with Gtechniq.

All the Siramik detailers are chosen on merit and cannot buy into being a accredited detailer again like you can with Gtechniq.
B0DSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to B0DSKI For This Useful Post:
unique detail (05-01-2018)
Old 21-12-2017, 09:49 AM   #10
Beau Technique
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,756 Times in 1,606 Posts
The old saying goes "If its not broken, don't fix it" springs to mind.
I am curious as to why, if you were happy with the previous service, why would you consider alternatives?
The SiRamik coatings are comparable to any colours ( including white as I have done a number of vehicles in this ) and work extremely efficiently.
As for customer service; I had an issue arise ( first one I might add )on a car maintained by someone else. The client didnt highlight it, the other detailer did. I contacted client, whom was not upset with the issue arisen nor my works carried out. I arranged an inspection, Wasnt happy with the performance or behaviour of the coatings so gave it an eraser wipe down and re applied all three coatings free gratis to ensure my name and brand were left intact.
SiRamik ensured complete back up was there and was involved through myself from start to finish and also offered all materials to use for any remedial works.
Turns out, so called detailer had laden it in polymers so no wonder it wasnt behaving correctly, as the coatings ( any coatings ) suffer when laden in polymers or wax type products. Either way, client happy and all is good...

Thats customer service.
Beau Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beau Technique For This Useful Post:
aslettd (21-12-2017), TheMattFinish (21-12-2017)