Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 23-12-2017, 10:21 AM   #11
stonejedi
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,522 Times in 1,137 Posts
I use Gyeon Wet Coat and AF Aqua Coat and find them both to be quality products and very easy to use with good results...I have not used the bead juice yet so cannot comment.SJ.
stonejedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2017, 10:56 AM   #12
macca666

Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,137 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonejedi View Post
I use Gyeon Wet Coat and AF Aqua Coat and find them both to be quality products and very easy to use with good results...I have not used the bead juice yet so cannot comment.SJ.
Thats intetesting. It was rojer386 that i was referring earlier who used it on his white m140. Have to say i wasnt impressed the sheeting and beading just didnt seem as if it was offering much protection. I have autoallure rapidcoath20 and found it similar.

I might try aquacoat on my car next time I wash as think rojer386 left it at mine
macca666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2017, 11:04 AM   #13
stonejedi

Give the aqua coat a whirl macca just be spearing with the spray and after the rinse off the beading was and still is superb on my Subaru 2 months on.SJ.
The Following User Says Thank You to stonejedi For This Useful Post:
macca666 (23-12-2017)
Old 23-12-2017, 11:22 AM   #14
macca666

Garage
Quote:
Give the aqua coat a whirl macca just be spearing with the spray and after the rinse off the beading was and still is superb on my Subaru 2 months on.SJ.
Cheers jedi. As I said we gave rojer386 Beemer a maintenance wash at mine and used aquacoat spray on rinse off but we both just felt it didn't give as good results as the others. Will defo give it a go again now
The Following User Says Thank You to macca666 For This Useful Post:
stonejedi (23-12-2017)
Old 23-12-2017, 11:35 AM   #15
stonejedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca666 View Post
Cheers jedi. As I said we gave rojer386 Beemer a maintenance wash at mine and used aquacoat spray on rinse off but we both just felt it didn't give as good results as the others. Will defo give it a go again now
Was the vehicle fully decontaminated?As in the past I have had problems with Gyeon wet coat when used on paint work that has not been intensively cleaned...as the Gyeon seemed not to bond properly as the paint work was rough but at the time I had time constraints I.E..."just being lazy"lol......SJ.
The Following User Says Thank You to stonejedi For This Useful Post:
macca666 (23-12-2017)
Old 23-12-2017, 11:53 AM   #16
macca666

Garage
Quote:
Was the vehicle fully decontaminated?As in the past I have had problems with Gyeon wet coat when used on paint work that has not been intensively cleaned...as the Gyeon seemed not to bond properly as the paint work was rough but at the time I had time constraints I.E..."just being lazy"lol......SJ.
SJ (Not sure why predictive changed SJ to jedi on my earlier post ) I tend to use those type of products during winter so before winter it's gets a good decon then protected with a winter wax I used wowos Nanocoat, m and k winter show wax and AbsolutWax boast this year on the two cars. Wetcoat etc then gets used when I wash the car so they never get a full decon prior to use and for me it's why I use them as it offers easy protection during winter.

If I had to decon I probably wouldn't use them but I suppose then that may be why ive had issues though not with bead juice or Wetcoat
Old 27-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #17
Chris Donaldson
Orbital Oracle

So are people spraying beadjuice onto the wheels whilst they are on the car? I do use it but have stayed away for applying it to the wheels as I thought that any overspray may have interfered with the adheasion of the brake pad with the disk. I will quantify this by adding that I don't know what I'm talking about, it was just that it was my gut reaction so I have stayed away from applying it to the wheels.
Chris Donaldson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 09:23 PM   #18
rojer386
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by macca666 View Post
It was on my Dads Merc! Having been a big fan of Wetcoat for sometime now, I found it hard to love away from it but when I got a good deal on some AF AC I grabbed it. The Merc had no protection whatsoever but was given the usual cleaning methods and decontamination. I sprayed AC on the car and even immediately after rinsing the beading was not all that impressive.

I then gave the car a dusting with Wetcoat and on rinsing the beading and sheeting was like night and day. That was around 1.5 months now and its still beading and sheeting really well.
rojer386 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rojer386 For This Useful Post:
macca666 (28-12-2017)
Old 27-12-2017, 11:56 PM   #19
Yellow Dave

Thanked 1,413 Times in 1,128 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Donaldson View Post
So are people spraying beadjuice onto the wheels whilst they are on the car? I do use it but have stayed away for applying it to the wheels as I thought that any overspray may have interfered with the adheasion of the brake pad with the disk. I will quantify this by adding that I don't know what I'm talking about, it was just that it was my gut reaction so I have stayed away from applying it to the wheels.
Initially will you notice a lack of bite to the brake. But this is immediately removed by the physical friction and abrasion of the braking surfaces.
Yellow Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2017, 03:50 AM   #20
macca666

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Donaldson View Post
All 3 products initially mentioned say they are suitable for all exterior surfaces. The only surface I don't spray on is the windscreen and this is just my own personal preference as it's generally well coated with h2go. I've had no issues with it and as with every time I wash any car whether using beadjuice etc or not I drive back and forward a few times pumping the brakes to dry them off and make sure any water or product is removed from the discs and working as they should.
The Following User Says Thank You to macca666 For This Useful Post:
Commander2874 (28-12-2017)