Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 27-12-2017, 07:13 PM   #1
Smanderson117
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Question Nilisk C130 much better than the C110?

Hi all,

Thinking of upgrading the C110 I currently have, seen a really good deal here: http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products...BoCj30QAvD_BwE however looking at the specs they have the same 440 L/Hr flow rate and the only increase is the 110 to 130 bar pressure. Would I notice much of an increase in actual blasting power at the car by upgrading to this?

Another thing is the C110 I have has a hoselock connector going onto the front to supply it with water, you have to lay the machine on its back and really shove it on with your body weight to get it to click onto the machine, I can manage it but my mother has really bad arthritis and doesn't have much hope! I notice there is a brass connector kit you can choose for free, does anyone know if this will have a positive effect on this?

I assume my foam lance will still fit as they're all standard Nilfisk fittings?

Lastly, could someone please point me in the direction of an extended hose for this so I can leave it at the front of the car and just pull the hose round?

Thanks guys and happy new year!
Smanderson117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 07:27 PM   #2
steve_07
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

have a look at this:

http://www.cleanstore.co.uk/products...t.asp?ID=15048

c130.2-8 £99.99 520 L/hr and 130 bar, bargain that is.

not sure about the brass fittings, i dont have much trouble with my hose connector on my c130.

same system as c110 so lance etc will fit.

have a look a Qwashers on Ebay, all the hoses are on there.
steve_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #3
dave-

Get the version pointed out above, 520l is great
dave- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 07:38 PM   #4
mawallace
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smanderson117 View Post
Hi all,

Another thing is the C110 I have has a hoselock connector going onto the front to supply it with water, you have to lay the machine on its back and really shove it on with your body weight to get it to click onto the machine, I can manage it but my mother has really bad arthritis and doesn't have much hope! I notice there is a brass connector kit you can choose for free, does anyone know if this will have a positive effect on this?
Bought a C130 over Christmas - early days but seems okay.

Re the Hozelock - it's down to the adaptor. I renewed my hoses with new Hozelock connectors and it seems okay now!
mawallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 07:38 PM   #5
Smanderson117
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Thats a good bargain, I did like the idea of the hose reel on top, it's not a make or break but it would've been nice. It's really odd, you can't push it on at all, the hoselock connector from the pipe seems fine. Might swap it out for a new one anyway just to make sure it isn't that!

Thanks for the Qwashers tip I shall have a look on ebay
Old 27-12-2017, 08:06 PM   #6
mawallace
Washmitt Meister

A quick question.

with my C130 there is two nozzles -

- Powerspeed nozzle- I think it's a Green dot and
- Vario nozzle - Blue dot

Which one do I use for the car?

Is there any better nozzles that I can buy for use on the car other than the standard ones?
Old 27-12-2017, 08:14 PM   #7
phazer
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawallace View Post
A quick question.

Is there any better nozzles that I can buy for use on the car other than the standard ones?
Unless the Vario is adjustable (it's not IIRC), then neither as they're both too strong. You can get hold of an adjustable nozzle - search my posts I posted a link to get one nice and cheap but it was a long time ago.
phazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 08:38 PM   #8
mawallace
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer View Post
Unless the Vario is adjustable (it's not IIRC), then neither as they're both too strong. You can get hold of an adjustable nozzle - search my posts I posted a link to get one nice and cheap but it was a long time ago.
Thanks - the post is on this thread

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...=nozzle&page=2

but the link in your post does not work!
Old 27-12-2017, 08:50 PM   #9
Mcpx

Quote:
A quick question.

Can never remember which is which and Nilfisk further confuse the issue by having several different versions of each, but basically one is a standard spray nozzle for general use, including the car. There is an adjustable version of this that comes with higher models but it has a lug on the fitting to keep it from rotating as you turn it to adjust the fan size, easily identified by the +/- scale on the side.

The other type of nozzle is usually longer and pointed and may rattle like there is a ball bearing inside, because there is. This will produce a very fine pencil jet which the ball bearing makes rotate in a small circle. This nozzle basically focuses all the power of the pw into an ultra fine jet for very intensive cleaning such as on paving or walling. Needless to say you do not want to be using this nozzle on your car, or to clean the mud off your trainers while you are still wearing them!

Nilfisk do have a dedicated car nozzle, called strangely enough the Auto Nozzle (go figure?) which gives a slight reduction in pressure to make it perfectly safe for paintwork and an 80 degree fan jet for easy rinsing. If you don’t mind the extra cost, it does work very well and it’s reassuring to know you won’t cause any accidental damage. Amazon currently stock them for about £14, Argos also list them for £7.65 but have been out of stock for ages, worth checking though in case there is an odd store close to you that has one.

HTH
Mcpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 10:18 PM   #10
Smanderson117
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Bought a C130 over Christmas - early days but seems okay.

Re the Hozelock - it's down to the adaptor. I renewed my hoses with new Hozelock connectors and it seems okay now!
Brilliant thanks, I'll replace the connectors and hopefully should cure the issue

Tags
flowrate, nilfisk, pressure, upgrade, washer