Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk Ė | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 31-12-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
cleslie
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Bruhl MD2800 Pro dryer/blower review

Thereís been a few posts about blowers/dryers recently and wanting to upgrade from the handheld mains Silverline dryer Iíve been using for many years, I decided on the Bruhl MD2800. My Silverline did a great job of blowing water from the nooks, crannies, wheels and grills but was nowhere near being up to the job of drying the whole car. It served me well for the £25 I paid for it. Iíve always wanted a MetroVac Master Blaster but at nearly £400, this was never going to happen. The twin fan Bruhl MD2800 looked like it might do the job with the increased in power plus warm air so placed an order. I tried it out for the first time yesterday after a routine weekly wash of my VW CC. It comes with a long 3 meter hose and seems nicely put together. There are 3 hose ends and I decided on the one with the small round end. It was very obvious that this machine was very powerful. You need a firm hold of the end of the hose when you turn it on as if it slips out of your hand, it thrashes around like itís possessed. Could hit the car or you if not careful. I had a problem with the hose coming away from the connector that attaches at the machine end but re-attached with a dab or two of superglue and hasnít come off again. The water just flew off all the panels and was able to dry the whole car in 15 mins starting at the top and working my way down with assistance of gravity. I didnít need to use a drying towel at all and finished off with a plush microfibre and QD to sort the odd drops that remained. The long hose meant if I placed on the ground beside the car between the front and rear doors, I could do that side of the car plus most of the front and rear too. I then moved the unit to the other side to finish off so no multiple repositioning of the unit with would have been a pain.
I have read a few people donít think itís up to drying the whole car but Iíve had no problems. I dried it again this morning to perfection after overnight rain and took 15 mins once more. The CC is a reasonably large car so I reckon my TT Roadster will take under 10 mins. I think its a great machine and has given me the upgrade Iíve been after for some time. My drying towels could be redundant now. I got mine for £157 but others have found them just under £150. Even at the r.r.p of £185 I think itís worth it.
Hereís a quick video I did which shows how effective it is even though it was very awkward filming and drying at the same time. Look at that water disappear!

cleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cleslie For This Useful Post:
chongo (31-12-2017), JoeyJoeJo (01-01-2018), Jue (01-01-2018), LankyWashmit (01-01-2018), shine247 (31-12-2017), Short1e (21-05-2018), TonyH38 (31-12-2017)
Old 31-12-2017, 04:50 PM   #2
Devilman
Washmitt Meister

Thanks for the view and video. Looks a impressive bit of kit, kicking myself I did not buy when ebay had a sale on.
Dm
Devilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 04:52 PM   #3
wish wash

When was the last time you added your lsp. Does seem to fly off the panels
wish wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 04:54 PM   #4
LeeH

Bruhl MD2800 Pro dryer/blower review

I blew mine off (ooo matron) with a stihl leaf vac today (like normal) after using Fusso for the first time. Iíve never seen water slide about like that before. I was shocked to be honest.

Good review btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
LeeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 05:00 PM   #5
cleslie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wish wash View Post
When was the last time you added your lsp. Does seem to fly off the panels
I topped up the protection with Infinity Wax Express Sealant via a foam lance a couple of weeks ago. The power of the Bruhl though would probably have the same effect on untreated paint it’s that powerful!
The Following User Says Thank You to cleslie For This Useful Post:
chongo (31-12-2017)
Old 01-01-2018, 08:22 AM   #6
cleslie

Garage
Actually I’ve told a lie - the video was the following morning after the wash so the car’s got a BSD/Bilt Hamber QD mix on, hence the beading!
Old 01-01-2018, 08:27 AM   #7
leeandfay

Garage
Nice machine - I went for the Master Blaster 8hp (Wish id have seen this before spending 400 sheets lol
leeandfay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:12 AM   #8
cleslie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Allure View Post
Nice machine - I went for the Master Blaster 8hp (Wish id have seen this before spending 400 sheets lol
Thatís an awesome machine though!
Old 01-01-2018, 12:02 PM   #9
leeandfay

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleslie View Post
Thatís an awesome machine though!
Oh god yeah I love it

I couldnít be without it now at Bmw I sub to. Blasting out mirrors, interior dust, grilles etc itís beyond brilliant.

Most of the cars I do are *****rs but after protection theyíre a breeze to blast
leeandfay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:25 PM   #10
LankyWashmit
Sponge Jockey

Nice machine, really toying with the idea of a dryer at the moment so thank you for the write up.

One thing though, should you be blowing water toward your extension sockets
LankyWashmit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LankyWashmit For This Useful Post:
fatdazza (01-01-2018)