Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
\Rian
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 127
Thanks: 2
Thanked 43 Times in 28 Posts
Garage
Possibly the best Microfiber Detergent

BOOTS sensitive liquid detergent, £3.89 for 1l.

No nasty perfumes and Phosphate free

I've used this for the past year and I find it better at cleaning than Chemical Guys microfiber wash and Much cheaper!

Any real dirty MF's like my wheel and Exhaust MF's just have a pre soak in warm diluted APC in a bucket (25p APC from ASDA for 1L)

I have a Turbo diesel with a straight through exhaust and no catalytic converter after 100 yards my stainless exhaust is black. When cleaning it my MF mitt turns black with the carbon but always comes clean with this method.

http://www.boots.com/boots-sensitive...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to \Rian For This Useful Post:
cadmunkey (02-01-2018), chongo (02-01-2018), cleslie (02-01-2018), davies20 (03-01-2018), Sicskate (02-01-2018), todds (02-01-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #2
fatdazza
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 3,149
Thanks: 421
Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
I have a Turbo diesel with a straight through exhaust and no catalytic converter after 100 yards my stainless exhaust is black. When cleaning it my MF mitt turns black with the carbon but always comes clean with this method.
Good to see you are doing your bit for the environment
fatdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:08 PM   #3
Mother-Goose
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Mother-Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,926
Thanks: 157
Thanked 296 Times in 273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdazza View Post
Good to see you are doing your bit for the environment
Yeah....how does that pass the emissions test for the MOT?
Mother-Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:15 PM   #4
bense556
Washmitt Meister
 
bense556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bedfordshire
Posts: 104
Thanks: 9
Thanked 39 Times in 34 Posts
Diesels have a smoke test, not an emissions test like petrols do. I did the same to my old mondeo, and it was actually cleaner without the cat than with
bense556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:25 PM   #5
\Rian
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 127
Thanks: 2
Thanked 43 Times in 28 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bense556 View Post
diesels have a smoke test, not an emissions test like petrols do. I did the same to my old mondeo, and it was actually cleaner without the cat than with
+1
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:50 AM   #6
Mother-Goose
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Mother-Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,926
Thanks: 157
Thanked 296 Times in 273 Posts
Learned something new today, thanks! Reckon that's going to change with the new global emissions standards thingy?
Mother-Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:11 PM   #7
bense556
Washmitt Meister
 
bense556's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bedfordshire
Posts: 104
Thanks: 9
Thanked 39 Times in 34 Posts
It may change - a car will currently fail if upon inspection a Catalytic converter has been removed/bypassed, and the same with the DPF - if it has been removed/bypassed then it is also a fail. All depends how well you know your MOT tester - however they are looking at a test that can test for the presence of a DPF, rather than just a visual one
bense556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:58 PM   #8
\Rian
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 127
Thanks: 2
Thanked 43 Times in 28 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bense556 View Post
It may change - a car will currently fail if upon inspection a Catalytic converter has been removed/bypassed, and the same with the DPF - if it has been removed/bypassed then it is also a fail. All depends how well you know your MOT tester - however they are looking at a test that can test for the presence of a DPF, rather than just a visual one
I have a fake one, it looks like a cat but its empty so upon visual inspection its present.

My 2006 ibiza wasn't fitted with a DPF so no MOT requirement either.

I love how a discussion on MF detergent has turned in to a diesel debate
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #9
Andy from Sandy
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Andy from Sandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bedfordshire
Posts: 1,025
Thanks: 160
Thanked 377 Times in 304 Posts
Quote:
I love how a discussion on MF detergent has turned in to a diesel debate
...might as well go completely off topic!!

With the likes of Khan going on about how bad diesels are and the Government's attack on them the sales of diesels have reduced and the sale of petrol cars has increased. Apparently last year saw the amount of CO2 emissions increasing for the first time in something like 10 years.
Andy from Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:01 PM   #10
Vossman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Vossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bloc's Village
Posts: 764
Thanks: 336
Thanked 671 Times in 460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy View Post
...might as well go completely off topic!!

With the likes of Khan going on about how bad diesels are and the Government's attack on them the sales of diesels have reduced and the sale of petrol cars has increased. Apparently last year saw the amount of CO2 emissions increasing for the first time in something like 10 years.
Great tip for the MF cleaner, thanks.

As you say off topic but all these CO2 emissions going up must be down to more power being produced to make electric vehicles? Either that or because I have also removed the cat on my diesel, more power, less smoke and more MPG, winner winner
Vossman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors