Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Newbies, Rules & Announcements > The Daily News Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Daily News Zone Want to keep up with whats happening in the Automotive industry - Check back here daily.

Old 06-02-2018, 08:03 AM   #1
WHIZZER
T-Cut King (admin)

Thanked 16,675 Times in 6,153 Posts
Garage
Industry news - What if Car makers made Bikes!

Some of the strangest automotive fantasies we have seen down the years include retro supercars, modern supercars from unusual brands, and even SUV sports cars. But what would it look like if car manufacturers decided to turn their sights on motorcycles? Jennings Harley Davidson has created six renderings of cars that have been turned into motorcycles and many of the automotive designs have translated extremely well to two wheels.

Based on a McLaren 720S and built on a carbon fiber chassis, the first rendering is of a McLaren Sport Bike. The McLaren design translates extremely well to a motorcycle, and we imagine there would be plenty of interest in this superbike if it ever came to life. The next bike is a chopper based on the Ford Mustang. Even the wheels look like they belong on a vintage Mustang. The third bike is called the Porsche Cafe Racer. Cafe racers are optimized for speed, handling and quick rides over short distances. Like a Porsche car, this bike was designed for the race track

or a Mustang

Porsche

So far, these motorcycles have all been designed for going fast. Like cars, some people like to use bikes to commute. That is why Jennings designed the Renault Scooter, which looks like a great way to commute in a crowded city

Renault

the Land Rover Dirt Bike handles the need to go off-roading, just like a Land Rover truck.

Land Rover

Those who want something even more comfortable would opt for the Rolls-Royce Touring Bike, which looks incredibly comfortable

source https://carbuzz.com/news/what-would-...ld-motorcycles
Old 06-02-2018, 08:48 AM   #2
bluechimp
Washmitt Meister

Wow these look great, no doubt the porsche one could be made exclusive and sold for millions, someone would “have to have it”. Wierdly I quite like the Renault commuter as I seem to be a fan of their design language at the minute.
bluechimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:20 AM   #3
bradleymarky
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,348 Times in 958 Posts
They`d all probably be overpriced anyway, i`d wait for the Lada bike to come out.
bradleymarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:46 AM   #4
Nanoman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,887 Times in 1,005 Posts
Garage
Renault and RR get the thumbs up from me. The others look either massively fugly or just like any other bike... Mclaren and Land Rover all have many lookalikes.
Nanoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:03 AM   #5
Shiny
DW Forum Sponsor

Thanked 2,989 Times in 1,866 Posts
Garage
Some car makers are way ahead of the game

(For the pedants, yes i know Honda are a bike maker, who make cars, so they are kind of car maker that makes bikes).

Shiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:22 AM   #6
weedougall78
Washmitt Meister

Garage
I'm not at all into bikes, but I really like the look of the Porsche and the Roller.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
weedougall78 is offline   Reply With Quote