Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Sponsored by Valet PRO - ValetPRO - UK made car valeting and detailing products. Our aim to make top quality product we love to use. Famous for 'pH Neutral Snow Foam, Advanced Neutral Snow Foam, Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, Dragons Breath, Citrus Bling and Citrus PRE Wash. A big thank you to all our customers and stockists, we promise to bring you some excellent and inventive products during 2014.

Old 01-03-2018, 03:47 PM   #1
pyro-son
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Wet tyre shine

Looking for a tyre shine that is in a spray bottle and can be applied wet? What are your recommendations?
pyro-son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:09 PM   #2
\Rian
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Why

Why a spray bottle, they tend to over spray but you can mix carpro PERL at 1:1 and use it in a spray bottle, I do but don't spray on the tyre but on a applicator sponge
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to \Rian For This Useful Post:
Benfr16 (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 04:24 PM   #3
brooklandsracer
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
Why a spray bottle, they tend to over spray but you can mix carpro PERL at 1:1 and use it in a spray bottle, I do but don't spray on the tyre but on a applicator sponge
In the OP he never said he wanted to spray direct on to the tyres, you have just assumed so.

I would recommend Auto Alure Bright tyres as it can go on either a wet or dry tyre.
I spray onto a tyre applicator and just spray it on to it and wipe it round tyre but use it a couple of times if going on wet.
Produces a nice finish whether wet or not.
brooklandsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:44 PM   #4
\Rian
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklandsracer View Post
In the OP he never said he wanted to spray direct on to the tyres, you have just assumed so.

I would recommend Auto Alure Bright tyres as it can go on either a wet or dry tyre.
I spray onto a tyre applicator and just spray it on to it and wipe it round tyre but use it a couple of times if going on wet.
Produces a nice finish whether wet or not.
oooh someone is not in a good mood

Auto Alure Bright tyres is solvent based so I wouldn't put it any-ware near a rubber compound like tires and is a lot leSs durable when applied we as its SOLVENT BASED!

With the lack of information the only thing you can do is assume, if I could read minds I would have know but unfortunately iv'e not quite mastered it.

As they dident mention weather they were spraying on the tyre or not ive given advise for both scenarios if you had read more than the first sentence you may have realised, as I mentioned you can use carpro PERL in a spray bottle if desired and went on to mention I dident but never said they shouldn't do it.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:54 PM   #5
brooklandsracer
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
oooh someone is not in a good mood

Auto Alure Bright tyres is solvent based so I wouldn't put it any-ware near a rubber compound like tires and is a lot leSs durable when applied we as its SOLVENT BASED!

With the lack of information the only thing you can do is assume, if I could read minds I would have know but unfortunately iv'e not quite mastered it.

As they dident mention weather they were spraying on the tyre or not ive given advise for both scenarios if you had read more than the first sentence you may have realised, as I mentioned you can use carpro PERL in a spray bottle if desired and went on to mention I dident but never said they shouldn't do it.
Your right buddy am not in a good mood as I can't work hence no money coming in this week

Was not aware that AA was solvent based but just know I apply it to wet tyres and it does a sound job and seems hydrophobic as does repel water.
Yes I have the perl and also Adams VRT and they are superb on dry tyres but have found the AA seems to go on better on the wet ones.
brooklandsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brooklandsracer For This Useful Post:
Auto Allure (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 05:20 PM   #6
Auto Allure
DW Sponsor

Garage
I've been using it on my moms car for 3 years (When it was first mixed for me way before i was ready to sell it) Her tyres have always been fine

No-one has complained once about it in the last year so....

Each his own - Thats why this forum is subjective and is there a right or wrong answer? In some cases yes but this is opinion and we're all welcome to one.

Don't like it don't buy it is my motto
brooklandsracer (01-03-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 12:32 AM   #7
Mcpx
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

While there are dressings and finishes that you can put onto wet paint and trim, tyres are a different beast and putting any dressing onto a wet tyre will only dilute it and most likely adversely affect its durability. As with anything else, the quality and longevity of the finish is all in the preparation, so to get a good finish that lasts the tyres need to be as clean and as dry as possible.

I am using PERL 1:1 at the moment and I use a spray bottle to load it into a brush, brush it into the tyre and then wipe over with a microfibre to remove any excess and give a uniform finish. PERL gives a nice satin finish, if you want more of a glossy effect then I would suggest a solvent based dressing. They are getting better all the time but there have been some in the past that create more problems than they solve, rubber tyres are after all, soft and porous, so slapping a harsh solvent on them can have adverse effects. I particularly remember the aerosol spray slick stuff, looked great for a couple of days then just turned into a sticky brown mess.
Mcpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:46 PM   #8
Mikej857
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,179 Times in 752 Posts
Garage
I have used obsession Nero on wrt tyres with no ill effects, it still leaves a gloss finish once dry and has good durability

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Mikej857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:22 PM   #9
pyro-son
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Thanks guys. Think I'm going to give PERL a try. Sounds like it works how I'd like.
pyro-son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:57 PM   #10
\Rian
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Dilution

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro-son View Post
Thanks guys. Think I'm going to give PERL a try. Sounds like it works how I'd like.
If your applying it wet either go undilutied or 0.5:1 as the water on your tyres will further dilute the product.

1:1 is fine for damp tires that have had the excess water blown/dried off but are still slightly wet still.

On a plus you can also use it on painted leather, vinyl, rubber and plastic, its a real versatile product