Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Old 07-03-2018, 11:08 AM   #1
bonelorry
Washmitt Meister

Lemon Yellow Skoda Fabia VRS Detail...

Hello all hope you are well?

Been a while since I posted anything on here, Some of you may remember my last Thread....

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=391579

It went a little off-topic as I built a Garage and so posts about that ended up on the Thread so I thought I would make a new One.

As some of you know I sold my Golf R which has a Thread on here somewhere and bought the Skoda to have a bit of a break from Cars, I did my Motorbike Test and got into Bikes.

I still have the Fabia VRS and it is still a fantastic little Car, It is my Daily Driver, Gets used all Year round in all Weathers. Owned it for 1 Year now which is a bit of a Record for me!

It has been in Winter Mode since October and has been sitting on its Winter Steel Wheels, Although it has been getting its usual Weekly Wash to keep the Salt off it was over-due a proper Detail and the last Coats of Wax has just about worn off with the worst of Winter.

I am off Work this Week so over the past few days the Fabia has had the following...

Please bear in mind I am not a Professional Detailer, I have been doing this as a Hobby only for about 10 Years now so I may have missed something. Always open to suggestions from fellow DW'ers

5/3/18...

: Full thorough Rinse including Wheel Arches and Sill Bottoms using Karcher K2.
: Pre-Wash using Autobrite HD Snow Foam Lance and Magifoam, Left for 5 Minutes to Dwell.
: Full Rinse.
: 2-Bucket Wash using Meguairs Shampoo & Lambswool Mitt.
: Towel Dried using Elite Car Care Plush Drying Towel.
: Paint Decontamination using Carpro Iron-X fallout remover, Left for 5 Mins, Agitated with a Soft Sponge.
: Thoroughly Rinsed.
: Towel Dried again.
: Full Tar Removal, Applied Carpro Tar-X, Left for 5 Mins.
: Thoroughly Rinsed.
: 2 Bucket Wash again.
: Clayed using Meguiars Medium Clay and Quick Detailer Spray as Lubricant.
: Rinsed.
: Towel Dried.

Car then pulled into the Garage for the Paint Correction/Wax Stage...

: Masked all Window Rubbers, Black Plastics etc
: Single Stage Machine Polish using DAS6-Pro, Meguiars 205 Finishing Polish and Hexlogic White Pad. Removed using Autoglym Microfibre Cloth.
: Hand Polished all Door Shuts and Sill Bottoms using Autoglym Super Resin Polish.
: 2 x Coats of Collinites 845 Apllied, Bottle left in Bucket of Warm Water to help liquefy Wax. Applied using D/A and Hexlogic Red Pad, Removed using Autoglym Microfibre Cloth.
: Final Wipe over with Elite Buffing Towel and Quick Detailer Spray.

Other Extrior...

: Autoglym Fast Glass on all Windows.
: Autoglym Glass Polish on all Windows except Front Screen.
: Engine Bay given a De-Grease using GT85 and Microfibre.
: Dressed using Aerospace 303 and Microfibre to wipe off excess.
: Exhaust Tailpipe Polished using Autosol.

Called it a day at 10PM

6/3/18...

Had another few Hours on the Fabia and did a few Finishing touches, All done now and looking in good form again! Really happy with it.

Wheels and Tyres...

: Winter Steels removed, Car put on Axle Stands.
: Wheel Arch-liners & Mudflaps Dressed using Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care.
: Alloys which where professionally refurbished last Year Where put in Storage last October, Given a Deep Clean, Hand Polish and given 2 x Coats of Collinites Wax.
: New set of 205/45R16 Uniroyal Rainsport 3 Tyres, All Tyres lined up in the same position with the Valves OCD.
: All Centre Caps lined up with Valves.
: Brake Calipers Cleaned, These where Repainted last Year.
: Brake Disc Hubs given a coat of Hammerite Smooth Silver.

Interior...

: Given Hoover out.
: All Dash & Plastics Cleaned and given a Wipe over with Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Car.
: Glass cleaned using Autoglym Fast Glass.
: New California Scents Air Freshener.

A few snaps from Before, During and After...

Car in its sorry looking Winter Mode...

Pre-Wash Stage, Magifoam 5 Mins Dwell Time...

Iron-X & Tar-X...

Iron-X working its magic, This was last done 12 Months ago and it is amazing how contamination was on the paint, Definitely wanted doing...

Tar-X at work...

This was after Claying the Entire Car, The Clay hardly picked up anything which shows how effective the Iron-X and Tar-X is...

Into the Garage for some DAS6-Pro Treatment...

The Car had a 2-Stage last Year so this time my aim was to just do a Minor Clean up of the Paint, Megs 205 and White Hex Pad did the job...

The car was then given 2 x Coats of the old faithful Collinites 845, Applied using the D/A on Low Speed, Red Hex Pad...

Sills Washed, Dried, De-Tarred and Hand Polished...

Engine Bay given some TLC, De-Greased and given Aerospace 303 Treatment...

Finished Article...

bonelorry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to bonelorry For This Useful Post:
alfajim (09-03-2018), cleancar (09-03-2018), dan4291 (08-03-2018), daydotz (07-03-2018), GSVHammer (07-03-2018), ibiza55 (07-03-2018), j3ggo (10-03-2018), JARS (09-03-2018), kartman (07-03-2018), missyR (24-03-2018), monkfishh (08-03-2018), pee (07-03-2018), rojer386 (11-03-2018), Soul boy 68 (09-03-2018), stonejedi (09-03-2018), Stu Mac (07-03-2018), Warduke (09-03-2018), WEDEL.1 (18-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 11:18 AM   #2
Zebra
Washmitt Meister

Absolutely beautiful.

I had one of these in silver but it was cursed with the dreaded "stutter" that afflicted the 130 PDI engine in these (in order to conform to emissions regs).

I did the EGR mod (bought an EGR gasket for a 2004 model) and a friendly member on Briskoda used VAG-COM to turn down the EGR value. Much better to drive, more mpg and so on.

I do miss mine though - have you prevented the rear doors from leaking and causing steamy windows?
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zebra For This Useful Post:
bonelorry (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #3
ibiza55
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,391 Times in 1,349 Posts
Garage
Lovely Jubbly matey, very impressed, who needs a new car, I bet this gives you more admiration than a new 18 plate Fabia.
ibiza55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ibiza55 For This Useful Post:
bonelorry (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 11:35 AM   #4
bonelorry
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Absolutely beautiful.

I had one of these in silver but it was cursed with the dreaded "stutter" that afflicted the 130 PDI engine in these (in order to conform to emissions regs).

I did the EGR mod (bought an EGR gasket for a 2004 model) and a friendly member on Briskoda used VAG-COM to turn down the EGR value. Much better to drive, more mpg and so on.

I do miss mine though - have you prevented the rear doors from leaking and causing steamy windows?
Thanks!

They are great little Cars, This is actually my 3rd Fabia VRS, My last was a Silver 55 Plate.

I have been on Briskoda for about 10 Years now, I found out the hard way about the Common Rear Door Seal issue after owning my first Fabia VRS in 2008 and finding Water in the Rear Footwells

It is One of the First Jobs I do on these Cars now.

The Rear Door Seals checked when I got the Car and New Door Trim Clips fitted, I get no Water Leaking issues on this Car

The Previous Owner who was also a Briskoda Member and had owned the Car for about 8 Years had already Sealed them at some point in his ownership.

Done about 6000 Miles in the Car since buying it a Year ago, It has been totally reliable. I do over Service my Cars and over the past Year its had...

A Major Service using Genuine Parts
Genuine Rear Discs and Pads
Brake Fluid Change using ATE TYP 200 DOT 4
New Varta Silver Battery
3 x New Wipers
New Skoda Badges Front and Rear
4 x New Uniroyal Rainsport 3 Tyres and Professional Wheel Refurbishment, New Centre Caps, New Wheel Nut Covers.

Most of the above was not needed and was for Cosmetic purposes, The rest is only wear and tear anyway, This Year the Car will only want a Minor Service and the Timing Belt/Water Pump doing in September.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:57 PM   #5
Zebra
Washmitt Meister

Smile

I got mine from DM Keith in Wakefield but used Bickertons in Sheffield for parts, service and warranty work as I found them to be more passionate about the brand and they took better care of the car.

One piece of advice they did give me was to run the car on Shell Diesel, not the premium stuff. It was good advice as it always ran better and quieter on the Shell with very little smoke.

I did once have the pleasure of doing a nine week residential course in the North East with fuel expenses paid. I ran it on BP Ultimate Diesel throughout and it just transformed the car for those trips to County Durham. The miles were so effortless.

While you have it, enjoy it.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zebra For This Useful Post:
bonelorry (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #6
Bazza85
Washmitt Meister

Lovely looking job you’ve done bud.
I prefer to see and read about well cared for slightly older daily’s.
Great stuff.
Bazza85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bazza85 For This Useful Post:
bonelorry (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #7
bonelorry
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibiza55 View Post
Lovely Jubbly matey, very impressed, who needs a new car, I bet this gives you more admiration than a new 18 plate Fabia.
Thanks mate!

Yes I still get a buzz driving it, I see a few other examples from time to time but they look neglected which is a shame. Can't be many original, Unmolested examples left now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
I got mine from DM Keith in Wakefield but used Bickertons in Sheffield for parts, service and warranty work as I found them to be more passionate about the brand and they took better care of the car.

One piece of advice they did give me was to run the car on Shell Diesel, not the premium stuff. It was good advice as it always ran better and quieter on the Shell with very little smoke.

I did once have the pleasure of doing a nine week residential course in the North East with fuel expenses paid. I ran it on BP Ultimate Diesel throughout and it just transformed the car for those trips to County Durham. The miles were so effortless.

While you have it, enjoy it.
Mine was supplied by Haysleden Doncaster when new hence the "YP" Prefix on the Number Plate, Its First Owner then sold it after about 3 Years to the Chap who i got it off and he lived in Heckmondwike so the Car used to go to DM Keiths in Bradford.

Im the 3rd Owner and usually do all my own Servicing as I used to be in the Motor Trade before leaving in 2014 to Start a Career on the railway, I use an Ex Gilder VW Mechanic who has set up on his own and I know personally for any Mechanical and MOT's etc.

Generally I get my Genuine parts from TPS in Hillsborough but have used Bickertons as-well as Rainworths in Mansfield.

Fuel Wise Shell Normal Diesel is all I ever run the Fabia on, I used to run the Golf R on Shell V-Power religiously.

Noticed you are located in Barnsley, I usually use the Tanksersley Shell Station as I live in Stocksbridge so not that far from you at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to bonelorry For This Useful Post:
Zebra (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #8
muchoado
Orbital Oracle

awesome things
muchoado is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to muchoado For This Useful Post:
bonelorry (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #9
Gus82