Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here.

Old 08-03-2018, 01:46 PM   #1
Radish293
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Worth the Effort ?

Having got the detailing bug a few years back I like to think my cars are well prepared and protected. Looking after them has come normal, they are washed frequently which doesn't take long for a maintenance wash and I believe the preparation makes it less hard work. it hard to know if its worth the effort.

This week my car has been in the workshop for a few days and the dealer has lent me a car, normally used by the Manager of the Body Shop. Being OCD I decided to give it a wash as following the snow it was a *****r. OMG! its only a few months old had evidently has no protection on it. It was a pain to clean with the wash fit feeling grabby. Drying was horrendous, I use an air dryer but on this car it just didn't work. So yes, it really is worth the effort.
Radish293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:08 PM   #2
Peteo48
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Even when my idea of car care was fairly regular applications of Turtle Wax Original, the one thing I liked was how easy it made the car to wash so I've always had some degree of protection on my cars and will continue to do so.

Only downside is when you drive a well protected car after a shower of rain. As you drive all the water gets blown up on to the windscreen and when you stop you get a waterfall from the roof!
Peteo48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:32 AM   #3
jr2007
Washmitt Meister

Garage
I wouldn't bother unless you wanted to experiment with it - the car will be abused its entire life and it probably won't buy you any goodwill at the dealer.
jr2007 is offline   Reply With Quote