Detailing World Forum banner

S3 meets Z.............

4K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  ahaydock 
#1 ·
Zaino that is :D

1 of 2 S3s i have to detail ready for a local meet on Sunday.

Perfect detailing weather today (IMO), not to warm bit of cloud :thumb:

So arrive 9.00 am this morning to this

Wheels cleaned using a safe wheel cleaner, didn't get them perfect as they all need
refurbing but certainly improved them.

On to the wash foamed up with a 60/40 mix of DG ultimate orange and DG 901 CWC.

Rinsed and mitt washed & clayed using Z - 18 clay

Ready for inspection and PT readings, and no unexpected nasties, i had already seen this car a few weeks ago but it has had some paint work on the bonnet and wings since then as the readings showed (400 mils!).

A test area was taped up and my, combo was a mix of 75% 3.02 & 25% 106FA on a megs polishing pad, this seems to work well on pretty much any paint, with the added oil from the FA allowing it to be worked a bit longer getting a really nice LSP ready finish. And i am glad to say that todays temp (21) was absolutely spot on for the Menz :thumb:

50/50

So happy with the combo and level of correction i worked my way around the car.

So a few post polishing shots

Flake popping tastic

The sun even popped out for a cpl of minutes

The nearside rear wing had a cpl of rather deep scratches, the i knocked back a bit with some wet sanding, although it greatly reduced them i didn't want to risk totally removing them.

After sanding marks buffed out

Same shot with brinkmann shows slight scratch still left if you look to the left of the top bulb

Few more post polishing shots

After wiping everything down with IPA/distiled water the Z-2 pro & ZFX was cracked open, mixing up 1oz of Z-2 & a cpl of drops of ZFX were applied and left to go off, which happend surprisingly quick, by the time i was finished going around the car (inc. trim) it had already cured! Said it was a good day for detailing, but i left it for a little while longer while i sealed the wheel with CG wheel guard, dressed the tyres & arches with DG tyre foam.
Buffed off first layer then applied 2nd layer of Z-2.

While this was curing i did the interior (no pics) wiped plastic down with apc, leather cleaned and conditioned with Gliptone, gave the engine bay a quick spruce up as well.

After buffing 2 layer of Z-2 of we were left with this

I really must learn how to take decent pics as these really don't do the finish the Zaino gives any justice at all !:mad:

Thanks for looking :thumb:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.