Detailing World Forum banner

REVIEW: Bilberry Wheel Cleaner

13K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  davidcraggs 
#1 ·
I added some pics to the prvious post and said I would be doing some testing with this product.

I have a BMW on contract and attend to her every 2 weeks. She's sat on 19inch M-sport alloys and anyone who knows these wheels knows how time consuming they are!

Here is how the wheels look every time I go:

front:

back:

I used a diluted amount of Bilberry, mixed 1 part bilberry to 4 parts water. Sprayed on and left for five mins, then rinsed off with the Karcher Pressure Washer.

front:

back:

I then washed the car, using snowfoam, and sprayed the wheels too, giving them a quick wipe inside with the EZ detail brush and the fronts with a wheel brush:

backs:

Conclusion:

This product saved me around 30mins, that time is spent on my knees crawling round getting covered in horrible black spray. Easy worth the cost, especially at this dilution rate - 30mins of not being on my knees in the cold weather and not getting caked in black brake dust spray. :thumb:

See less See more
#12 ·
I have just done another test review, and used Autosmart Smart wheel on one side, and the Bilberry on the other. Both cleaners have been mixed at 1:1 for the purpose of this test - the wheels have not been washed for a long long time and are very very soiled. As soon as I get chance, I'll post the next review with the pics taken before, after a soak and rinse, and then again ofter a soak, aggitate and rinse.

The test I did today really sold the benefit of these wheels cleaners to me, and one just came out on top......

#18 ·
Iain - do you rinse the wheels before applying the Bilberry?

I've got MV alloys on my 330Ci which are also very fiddly but using Bilberry diluted with 3 parts water don't find it that effective without agitation. It is fantastic undiluted and good with stubborn stains using a brush but I haven't had great success just spraying it on and rinsing off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.