Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Newbies, Rules & Announcements > Newbies & Introductions.....
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Newbies & Introductions..... Tell us something about you.

Old 25-07-2007, 10:42 PM   #11
Lester
Unwashed Member

Talking Hello From the Guy in France

Hello all,
I have been introduced to the forum by my daughter, Jay, who recently holiday'd with us in France. During her stay she managed to take some pics of my barn/garage/workshop/store which she has posted to your site. I have to say that she has prompted me to do something about the organisation of this great space and I am trying hard to get some organisation going (honestly Jay). The trouble is that the organisation of the barn is just one of many ongoing projects that I am involved in just now and I need to prioritise - usually in accordance with the weather. However, I still feel very priveliged to be able to do what I want, when I want, which, quite often, means that I work on my car- the renovation of a factory TR8.
What Jay didn't mention when sending the pics is that during her stay she introduced me to the process of claying by practicing on my BM. I have to say that I am totally convinced by the process and manage to get 'beading' 'flake popping' as well as a 'rainproof screen'. I unreservedly love it!!!!! Love it!!!
Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 11:28 AM   #12
9049 baz
Unwashed Member

Hello Guys , im Barry from Newcastle - im amazed at the amount of info available on ths site ! ..its given me some really useful advice ...lokking fwd to trying to get my car up to the standard of some on here !
9049 baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #13
Monaco Detailer
'Supercar Supremo'

Hello Guys

Pleasure to be here!

My name is Darren, i am 29 years old & have been detailing cars for 12 years professionaly, i also detail private jets & helicopters which is a lot different from detailing a car.... long story if you want to know why ask.

I have detailed cars & aircraft all over the UK for private clients & done this with out any advertising all purly on word of mouth, My UK business has been handed down to my brother who took over when i aquired the exclusive rights for the South of France for SWISSVAX, we are based in Monaco and provide a high end detailing service for the super rich fom all over the world!

It has not been easy to get to this, detailing life started out for me at the local Vauxhall dealer i was there 3 years, then i was head hunted by the local Audi dealer as head valeter for thier new showroom i was there a year then moved on to BMW where i worked for 2 years, i left due to illness then set up on my own when i was better & ive never looked back.

I have lost count many years ago of how many cars ive detailed but its a lot!

I have pictures but due to client confidentiality i have to be carefull in what i post.

I look forward to being on here!

Darren

Monaco Detailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:30 PM   #14
bilt-hamber kid
Bilt Hamber UK

Hi everyone.

Good site! Loads of good info and it doesn't have its head up its **** either, nice one.
bilt-hamber kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #15
megaboost
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Send a message via MSN to megaboost
Err... yo I guess?
megaboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #16
THUG
Unwashed Member

Hi I am new to the site starting today looks like it has all I will ever need to know and then some, live Plymouth Devon
THUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #17
bonzey
Unwashed Member

dont get much chance to get on here due to work. there is so much to take in when it comes to detailing i think i will be spending a lot of hours searching and reading before my post count goes up lol.

Thats my ten for now. yippee.
bonzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:26 AM   #18
Vaikis_
Sponge Jockey

very good forum good help fow newbie
Vaikis_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 02:40 AM   #19
willd0g
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Thanks for the link to the acronyms it helps things make more sense
Yes very helpful. I'd be pretty drained trying to figure out everything from scratch.

Any chance of having a logo for the web page icon? I don't know what you guys call it but when i create a bookmark from a site, i generally have a little picture of some sort automatically generated from them. Detailing world however doesn't have one!
willd0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:07 PM   #20
jasonbarnes
dodo juice enthusiast

only been a member for 2 weeks or so and have learnt a lot of information and already i'm addicted to detailing world
jasonbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote