Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Newbies, Rules & Announcements > Newbies & Introductions.....
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Newbies & Introductions..... Tell us something about you.

Old 21-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #21
flatoot
Unwashed Member

yeh this site is the seagulls sack and the welcome is good and the info is top notch.
flatoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 10:29 PM   #22
Dave Richardson
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

I love this site (although it has cost me most of spare cash buying goodies)

however I would like to say a big thank you to Bill & many others for their help & guidance

Cheers all

Dave
Dave Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Richardson For This Useful Post:
WHIZZER (22-01-2009)
Old 16-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #23
stigy
Unwashed Member

can i have 2 stickers i can pm you as i dont have 10 posts yet
stigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #24
M.M
DW Chef

Garage
hey
im new to this
trying to upload some pics of my volvo v40
im not sure if i should keep it or buy a seat ibiza
so hopfuly have some pics up soon
M.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #25
Darranvps
Sponge Jockey

Smile Newby

Hi
I am Darran from Varna, Bulgaria.
I have been looking at the forum for a few weeks now and decided its time I introduced myself.
I am British, but have lived in Bulgaria for 5 years now. I currently drive a Q7 in Black, less than 1 year old and it has serious amounts of swirls in the paintwork. At somestage in the near future I will attempt to remove the swirls but obviously I need to learn how.
Any help and advice on best methods, equipment and products would be much appreciated.
Darranvps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #26
stuart1164
Stupidman

Smile Just Arrived

I have.

Been Detailing for many years mainly friends and family, ok cleaning cars but over last 2 years I have been more on the detailing side.

I looked at the forum a few times and I must admitt it is staggeing the knowledge I don't have in particular using a rotery, I some how don't feel comfortable. I need some tuition and that is for starters. A lot of the products I use do have quite a few mentions so I presume I'm on the right track but to all so far your tips are invaluable.

Thank you.

Is this too long winded.
stuart1164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #27
paul g
Unwashed Member

Question help

as a new member can anyone give some advice as to the best pad to apply wax with
paul g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #28
froglad
Unwashed Member

Garage
hello im jon and after some time have finaly joined!! I am in the process of re opening my valeting business..... i started valeting when i was 16 at the local merc garage , then set off in to the big wide world to set up my own mobile valeting service!! it was all great for 8 years, but then i went off traveling for 18 months!!! when i got home it was so cold ,gray and wet( was not used to this odd weather system after ozy land lol) so tried out other careers! how ever 2 years down the line i was missing valeting and detailing so much i just know its the best job for me!! i have real passion when it comes to cars and my mates think i have ocd lol (with polishing and waxing that is) any way this is all getting a bit long winded....few haha so any way as a new detailing world member i would like to say hi !! it all looks great and looking faward to learning new things and hope fully helping out others on here too!!
ps,.....its raining again.....nice
froglad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #29
ralphy2009
Unwashed Member

Cool Rolls-Royce Fan!

Many thanks to the people who have put this very useful page together!

I've been in the buisness for many year's and I still learn something about the buisness all the time, mainly from the...Ummmmm...Newbies, as you all say.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and hope that I too can be of some help and be helped.

Sincerely in California
ralphy2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 03:28 AM   #30
Algonquin
Unwashed Member

Seriously P**sed Off!!!!

Hi All,

I've been lurking on this forum for months now, and have enjoyed all the contributions from members and guests alike, and as a result spent some serious money on detailing products from a number of site sponsors, (i4Detailing, CleanYourCar, NE detailing, Autobrite etc, just to mention a few!) and gained loads of help, advice and knowledge from reading up on stuff. including spending the time to read enjoy ALL the banter on the "alternative random orbital polishers guide" as watched over and carefully monitored by Viper (Big time respect fella..............your commitment and tenacity speaks volumes!...........)

However......

Following on from the advice given in Viper's pet topic I purchased a B&Q MAC Allister DA sander/polisher yesterday, furthered my investigations and decided at that all in all I would not be happy with it and figured I would go the one step further and bite the bullet and order a Kestrel DA online from CYC.

Imagine my suprise when, bearing in mind that these machines (MacAllister DA Random Orbital Sander) are in short supply and end of line, I thought I could either take this back to B&Q and get my money back, or do the honourable thing and offer it to anyone else on the forum at what I paid for it.

Shock Horror........To post an advert on the for sale section is gonna cost me a further £5 dealers registration fee on top of my supposedly free member registration!

Someone is taking the **** somewhere!

Sorry, but my intention of hopefully offering someone from this site who maybe doesn't have the opportunity to visit their not so local B&Q and blag a bargain for some cheap detailing goodies has gone **** up somewhat pear shaped......I'll be posting this on MeganeSport.net for anyone interested............

AL.
Algonquin is offline   Reply With Quote