Detailing World Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 76 Results
  1. New Member Introductions
    Hi all! After hand-washing my Audi TT for the first time in a long while (been using drive-through washes), I forgot how much I enjoyed doing it when I first became a car owner. I want to do some detailing, so I thought I'd come aboard! First task, fix the chipped paint on the black wheels...
  2. The Motoring Zone
    Hi 👋 I'm hoping the many people on here can help with a car related issue I have! We are expecting our little girl in March next which is great news! :D but unfortunately for my partner this means she must part with her beloved Z4 and purchase something a little more newborn friendly...
  3. General Member Classified
    Genuine Audi 8.5"J x 19" (5 x 112mm PCD, ET40) alloy wheels removed from delivery mileage Audi A4/S4 (10 miles only). Wheels fitted with brand new (zero miles) Michelin Pilot 4s tyres, size 245/35 x 19 XL. Wheels coated with Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour. Very reluctant sale due to current...
  4. The Showroom
    Washed the car for the first time today since I had an Xpel PPF install a couple of weeks ago - Was only a quick wash, but seemed to come up really well and dried off with no spotting/streaking. Hopefully a sign of things to come :)
  5. The Daily News Zone
    All-new executive class Avant combines contemporary Audi design with increased space and significantly enhanced technology •Striking design, spacious interior and excellent adaptability •Powerful four-cylinder and six-cylinder engines with mild hybrid system •Four suspension configurations...
  6. The Motoring Zone
    Seems to be loads of these lately but after replying to another thread, it occurred to me that I've not mentioned before that I have finally convinced my wife out of the aging and consistently unreliable XC70 which, although we both liked, needed to go to make way for something newer, more...
  7. Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
    My dad has a black Audi A4 that he used to take good care of but over the years hasn't really bothered with it. I've been getting into detailing my car, which is a black Seat Ibiza FR and I reckon he's been thinking about sorting his out recently. Basically he has a rotary polisher and is...
  8. The Daily News Zone
    Production of the Audi Q8 crossover SUV to start in Bratislava in 2018 ◾Audi Q4 compact utility vehicle from Győr as of 2019 ◾Board of Management Member for Production Prof. Dr. Hubert Waltl: "Increased competitiveness in the SUV segment" Audi is to expand its portfolio with two new Q models...
  9. The Studio
    I'd prepared this car last summer, shortly after the owner had done a few modifications. The car went to a show in Belgium, a wheel was curbed at passport control and the owner lost the love for it. It's been neglected for month, by the owners admission, but with the wheels due for ceramic...
  10. The Studio
    We have recently stepped up a couple of the packages we offer, this is now the top of the line "off the shelf" new car package we offer. The car went through 2 stages of machine work due to a very poor upper surface of the paint robbing the car of all its gloss and reflection. Something I see...
  11. The Showroom
    Hi! Audi Q7 S-line from our loyal client who loves the car is always looked "like just from the motor show" Car mileage at the time of work was 13 000 km. The task was to wash the car as much as possible from all sorts of impurities, refresh body and make a general cleaning in the salon. Let's...
  12. Projects and Restorations
    2006 Audi TT quattro Sport Hi everyone, I've been on here for some time under a different username with my Seat Ibiza GTi Cupra Sport. Thought I'd start a thread for my latest project and share progress. Since seeing the first imported LHD examples at VW shows in the late 90s and sitting in...
  13. The Daily News Zone
    Popular Black Edition specification casts its shadow over more Audi models including new A3 and S3, TT Coupe and Roadster and S6 and S7 ◾Black Edition specification returns to the A3 and TT ranges and broadens its reach to Q3, S6 Saloon and Avant and S7 Sportback ◾A3 Black Edition prices from...
  14. The Studio
    I tried to include more of the wash and decon images in this write up as i rarely get the time to document everything. So this is more of a start to finish thread This car is nearly 12 months old and thus has suffered in certain areas. Multiple stone chips and wash marks all over the car, some...
  15. The Studio
    Beast of a car, amazing looks. Proper mean colour combo The car goes through the usual multi wash and decon process with the addition of wheels being removed in order to coat front to back and coat colliers and hubs too DSC_0052 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr DSC_0053 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr Wash...
  16. The Studio
    WARNING: massive thread, if you aren't into correction shots go ahead and skip to the end. There is a lot to see This car was with me for some time. It was done in stages so the images are in order, but sometimes spaced far apart. Let me start with the car is a total beast. High spec, loads of...
  17. The Studio
    This car was from a young gentleman who worked at my business centre. It has since had the wheels recoloured and is awaiting a carbon spoiler. The car received wool compound on the 3401 and then refined with the rotary and foam. Carbon inside and out was also polished and coated, as was the...
  18. The Studio
    This nardo was in for full coatings, not just sealants. It was all business as usual, a few spots requiring some isolated work but for the most part a single stage gloss enhancement, with ADS coatings to paint, glass and wheels and Dr leather on the interior. I know its a marmite colour but i...
  19. The Showroom
    Evening chaps & chapettes, not strictly detailing on this post - although the car was cleaned before hand ;) Have finally managed to retrofit AMI (Audi Music Interface) to my BE A1. I didn't have connectivity or Sat nav in my A1 and wanted some kind of Nav without paying the silly prices to...
  20. The Studio
    Small thread as i had a limited time to get this ready. Pre sale prep on this gorgeous motor. Finished article looked epic DSC_0058 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr DSC_0059 by Matt Rowe, on Flickr WP_20160530_11_41_26_Pro by Matt Rowe, on Flickr WP_20160530_11_58_10_Pro by Matt Rowe, on Flickr...
1-20 of 76 Results