Detailing World Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 49 Results
  1. Painting/Spraying & Bodywork
    Hi New member but long term reader and enjoyer of this forum! Looks like my car has had some paint work at some time and by the rear window seal you can see a clear coat / lacquer line just on the lip. Was thinking I might try and wet sand this area to blend in and hide - can anyone offer...
  2. The Showroom
    Following on from my 1st Attempt at Wet Sanding (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=407970) here is my 2nd Attempt at Wet Sanding. Perhaps naively, I had thought that wet sanding with 1500, 2000, 3000, 5000 (by hand with a sanding block) and then compounding and polishing...
  3. Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
    Hi guys, Here is a video of my first attempt at wet sanding. Let me know what you think. :buffer:
  4. Painting/Spraying & Bodywork
    Looking for a bit of advice from all you knowledgable people... I wet sanded the first quarter of my bonnet after touching in a few stone chips & was pleased with the result. However, in certain lights the 'reflection' is slightly different & it almost looks like the bonnet has got a 'kink' in...
  5. Detailing Chat
    I've come across numerous threads asking how to remove orange peel, how to wet sand or even just tips how to make compounding that little bit easier.... I came across this 2 part video, which goes into amazing detail of both the sanding and finishing stages, and really gives priceless...
  6. The Showroom
    New paint wet sanding - Polo Harlekin Me and my dad took our project car in to have new arches and sills welded in. At the same time we had some panels resprayed. Sadly the bonnet came out orange peely. It's a shame because the welding work is spot on! Even the other panels we had painted came...
  7. The Studio
    Hi All, Its been sometime now since I have done a write up as its been manic as usual at Unique Detail and what with the extension to the workshop I havent been able to get the best of shots due to a lot of building materials scattered around the exterior of the building. I thought I would do a...
  8. The Showroom
    Completed this yesterday, was originally planned to be a 2 day complete restoration: machine sanding then 2 stage polishing entire car, 4 stage bulbar polishing, treat all glass with G4 and G3, 2 layers CarPro CQuartz UK on all paint, DLUX on wheels, trim, lights, bulbar, full interior steam...
  9. The Studio
    Hi guys, So it's been a while since my last thread of a KDS Detailing customer car, my last thread actually being my own car a TVR Tuscan (which is now sold), and I do have a replacement car to restore very soon and will be documented too :thumb...
  10. Machine Polishing
    KDS Advanced day II - Wet Sanding & Orange Peel Removal - 29th September 2013 Ok guys, so as we have some capacity on the beginners event on the 29th of September, Kelly has authorised something a little special :doublesho I will be releasing five places at a time for an advanced group...
  11. Machine Polishing
    Hi people, I own a 13 year old Merc CLK55, and while it looks pretty clean from a distance... ...when you get up close and personal (especially in bright sunlight) the 13 years worth of swirls and RDS covering the bodywork were all too obvious! The bonnet was the worse affected area of the...
  12. New Member Introductions
    Hi all, I've been lurking on this superb detailing resource for quite some time now, but after my very first wet sanding experience today I felt it was finally time to break my silence, say hi, and post something worth sharing with you guys. First a bit of background.... I bought my black...
  13. The Studio
    Hi Guys, Been away from Detailing World some time now, would you believe nearly 6 months i can only apologise Very good reason for the absence, just a simple lack of time to post with many new ideas and projects on the go. But fear not back with some new things for the future. Firstly KDS is...
  14. Related Enhancements
    Hi everyone, Welcome to the next instalment from KDS Detailing. This time we are show casing a slight variation on the Detailing theme so placed it in the related enhancement section all thou it could be said its more than just an enhancement. The car in question is a Toyota supra turbo (uk...
  15. Machine Polishing
    Wet Sand Workshop Of The Month!!!!!! The next date for the Wet Sand Hybrid course is now going to be Saturday 27th October. The idea of the course is to introduce Wet Sanding to you as a way of taking the correction on your car to the next level of Bling!!!!! I will be showing the two Wet...
  16. Machine Polishing
    The Machine Polishing (and some wet sanding) Workshop of the Month!!!!! This course is suitable for Newbies. I tend to run a hybrid course, so no real beginners or advanced. I do not force you to do the DA workshop first before a rotary course, we use all machines. Everyone needs to try new...
  17. Machine Polishing
    The Machine Polishing (and some wet sanding) Workshop of the Month!!!!! This course is suitable for Newbies. I tend to run a hybrid course, so no real beginners or advanced. I do not force you to do the DA workshop first before a rotary course, we use all machines. Everyone needs to try new...
  18. Machine Polishing
    The Machine Polishing and Wet Sanding Workshop of the Month!!!!! This course is suitable for Newbies, as we have two cars to learn on. I tend to run a hybrid course, so no real beginners or advanced. I do not force you to do the DA workshop first before a rotary course, we use all machines...
1-18 of 49 Results