Detailing World Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-16 of 277 Results
  1. Painting/Spraying & Bodywork
    Hey guys, i tried fixing sine rust issues on my var by myself. I used sandpaper, spraypaint with same color code as my car, as well as clear coat. After this i wetsanded the area 1500-2000-3000-5000 before i waxed it. This was my first time doing this, but the finish looks matte and awful. Any...
  2. Detailing Classifieds
    Hi all, I’m slowly clearing out some of my collection as I have far too much. Just a couple of waxes for the moment but I have a lot more to go through (Dodo, ODK, Wax Planet, Auto Finesse etc) so give me a shout if you’re looking for anything in particular. All are brand new unless otherwise...
    £0 GBP
  3. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Hi all, Having took a break from detailing for the last 5 years due to a house move and a back injury, I have now got a new (to me) car that I am itching to get detailing! It is a 12 year old BMW 320D in reasonably good condition for its age, however I know the paint can be improved...
  4. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Just a little bit of fun, just counted my paste waxes and I have 39!! :doublesho Seriously didn't think I had that many, no more purchases for a while. How many do you guys have in your collection? Now if you could only pick one (or two if that's too difficult), what would it/they be? I'll...
  5. Interior & Glass
    So I bought a car a month ago and my wiper blades are juddering, at first only on downstroke, since I putting them on fastest speed (where they don't judder ironically) they now judder on both up/down on all speeds except fastest. Car is a 2017 Audi S3 3 door 8V model. It seems to have been...
  6. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    So yesterday I washed and polished my first car. Used Scholl S20 and waxed with Autoglym Ultra HD - my friend’s not mine. And boy was I impressed! So with this new experience under my belt my interest has been piqued! I’ve only been properly taking care of my car since November 2020 and I’ve...
  7. Detailing Classifieds
    I have decided to have a small clear out and get rid of all the items that are new and unused or used once. I have the following for sale, I will sale as a job lot if a good offer is made. All 500ml bottles and all brand new Madcow Honey Bay-Rum interior de-odoriser - £6 Madcow Woo Woo...
  8. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Hi all not posted for a while but with a new car being handed over next week I’m torn on what to lay down on my new BMW.. After hours and hours of narrowing down different products I’ve ended up with Zaino Z2+ZFX+Z8 approx £70 mark or Zymol holiday sampler kit which has titanium, Carbon...
  9. Pre-wash stages: Washing, Drying, Clay & Detailing
    Hi People... long time no speak!!!!! Just a little review of the fantastic Infinity Wax Rapid detailer. I can't think of many QDs I haven't used over the years, one of my first being Sonus Spritz, carnauba and acrylic, serious performance SD and fk425 (still amazing to this day) However, as...
  10. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Long time since I've posted on here! Which is probably why I have this question :( Just took a look at some of my waxes that have been in the garage for 2 - 4 years I'd say. Some look okay but one quite expensive wax seems to have a "jelly" on the top. My questions are do waxes have a use by...
  11. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Hi people. I do remember a few products in years gone past that helped mask some imperfections. This definitely has to be a spray product so Autobalm for example is out. BSD, I don't love. Fusso spray gloss says it might have light fillers but no one really sells it or has stock. PA rapidwaxx?
  12. Help..!
    I need help guys i have corrected over half of the paint on my new car which has had a full colour change from black to white by the previous owner. I have done a full 3 stage correction and finished it with some fkp1000 wax and it shines beautifully for around a day or 2, but it then starts...
  13. Detailing Chat
    Hi everyone. i’m a newbie from York and i’m trying to do my first polishing to my car, but i don’t have a garage so i’m always postponing it. does anyone have a clue how could i do it or if there is a safe technic for it doing outside? (i personally don’t think that it is safe, but there most...
  14. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Hi all, First post here, glad to be part of the group! I'm looking for a good wax recommendation for under £40. I'm not sure if such a thing exists which has great gloss, durability (4ish months?), hydrophobics and easy to use. There are so many options that I can't decide at all or where...
  15. Pre-wash stages: Washing, Drying, Clay & Detailing
    Hi Guys, So this is my first post, I've been lurking in the shadows for many months but decided to bite the bullet and contribute as and where I can. For now however I'd like some advice about wax removal. I bought a new VW Polo back in December and owing to the lousy weather it's been...
  16. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Hi guys, new to the detailing world forum I'm looking for a wax for my car, which has black pearl paint. Ideally I'm after a wax that is somewhat durable (around 2 months or so), gives good gloss level and doesn't contain fillers or minimal fillers. I'll likely have to buy from the UK as the...
1-16 of 277 Results