Detailing World Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-7 of 7 Results
  1. Painting/Spraying & Bodywork
    Hey guys, i tried fixing sine rust issues on my var by myself. I used sandpaper, spraypaint with same color code as my car, as well as clear coat. After this i wetsanded the area 1500-2000-3000-5000 before i waxed it. This was my first time doing this, but the finish looks matte and awful. Any...
  2. Painting/Spraying & Bodywork
    Hi, I've been looking at some YouTube videos on diy smart repairs, most of which that use rattle cans and there's always the odd comment saying "it won't last" etc. What specifically can cause these repairs not to last of this is the case? Is it the technique, the quality of the clear coat...
  3. Tools - Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing
    So, there's been a lot of threads (and PMs!) about this topic - upgrading hoses, guns and lances on "normal" PWs, and extending home setups (hose reels, water butts and pumped water setups) etc. So I thought it was worth kicking off a thread where folks can post their own setups, ask questions...
  4. The Showroom
    New paint wet sanding - Polo Harlekin Me and my dad took our project car in to have new arches and sills welded in. At the same time we had some panels resprayed. Sadly the bonnet came out orange peely. It's a shame because the welding work is spot on! Even the other panels we had painted came...
  5. Painting/Spraying & Bodywork
    So I had a little accident a while back when we had some snow... After spending most of the day at work clearing snow for customers (I work at a self storage company) so they could move their cars with ease. I started on my trip home, was all going swell thought "wow the roads are pretty good...
  6. The Showroom
    Hello friends! Kavin, my buddy, wanted to have a glimpse of a show-car finish on his modified Toyota EE100. He's addicted to cars, road trips and started to like detailing too. He wanted to experience the joy of a DIY paint correction. He called me and we planned to do it during the school...
  7. Scotland
    I have a FW Ford Focus RS. It needs detox, clay and a single stage machine polish and protection reapplied. Like the other threads , i too can't be bothered So wish for someone else to do it for me *warning this post is steeped in irony
1-7 of 7 Results