Detailing World Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-16 of 16 Results
  1. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    If I get a small sample pot of something like FK1000p, what's the best way to get it out of the tin and onto a pad?? Might sound basic but not used pastes before and I hear FK1000 must be applied thinly. Would one of those AF Grip pads work? Cheers!
  2. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Update on bottom post. Summary Point To test whether carnuba wax (Dodo Supernatural) durability is affected by use with Prima Amigo polymer glaze, since I've seen a few threads that raised questions over compatability/durability with waxes. [The instructions on the label only mention...
  3. The Photography Zone
    Hello to everyone. I've been reading the forum for some time now and decided to register just today. So first post in this section. Some pics of my MY2010 Opel 1nz1gn1a Sports Tourer while practicing with 2 strobe lights and umbrellas in my garage. Unfortunately there is not plenty of space so...
  4. The Showroom
    Following this detail I did with Baker21 back in May this year http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=168562 it was time to re-visit the car to lay down some new protection and clean the car up as it has a hard life cranking up the miles as a salesmans business car! I was...
  5. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Hi all, A friend is due to pick up his new car(Mazda 5) on Saturday and has asked is it worth protecting the new paint to give it a good start in life. I was going to suggest a quick clean and a coat of FK1000 sealant. Does anyone suggest anything else??? or would it new a good wax...
  6. Garage/Product Collections
    I've always had an interest in keeping the families cars clean but since finding Detailing World a few years ago the collection has grown. There's definitely an evolution in the type of products I'm beginning to use now. Building up to buying a DA & pressure washer eventually. A few products I...
  7. The Studio
    This Evo was booked in for full correction. On arrival the car was quite clean with medium swirlage and just a touch of pink creeping in in the boot and bonnet. So on arrival it looked like this... First up where the wheels. These where tackled using AS smart wheels, EZ detail...
  8. The Studio
    Legacy Twin Turbo that is.. rare too - completely standard, and with only 37,000 miles on it! After inspecting the vehicle pre purchase with it's new owner, I was asked to give it a service and a Ti22 style paint love up, with the owners permission - this is the writeup of the paint correction...
  9. The Studio
    Today was just a good spruce on a blue Discovery TD5, this was a recommend of a friend who had just bought the car and wanted 'a good polish' but didn't want to pay the full hog of a correction as it was only being used for his mrs and the stables and towing the horse box. Heres what she looked...
  10. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Hi all, I have the Werkstat Acrylic kit, which I'm thinking about using on my wheels, and I also have some colly 476 and a sample of FK100 Starting with the prime, i was thinking about 2-3 coats of the trigger, then i wanted to top up with the wax. Is this even needed? As I dont want to be...
  11. The Studio
    Hi Folks, Sorry for no write ups lately been really busy with little jobs and not had time to do any write ups. This was booked in for a full correction and some FK1000P so its nice and easy to maintain, the owner has only just bought the car and was shocked at the state of it. On arrival the...
  12. The Studio
    Today I had booked in a rather grubby Range Rover, the owner lives out in the country so its to be expected I suppose. Arrived at 9am and this is what I was greeted with: Firstly the wheels were tackled with my acid free wheel cleaner and left for a couple of mins then...
  13. The Studio
    Today was a job for the father-in-law his 407 is due to go back to the lease company at the beginning of march and it was looking a bit sorry for itself. The car has been in the bodyshop late last year due to a scrape down the passenger side and looks like they've given the car a nice swirl...
  14. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Well today i cleaned the car, nothing out of the ordinary there you may think :thumb: however last week I put 2 layers of FK1000 on and this was my problem. Today thought I would try just foaming and see how clean it left it, well try I did put I couldn't get the bloody foam to stick :doublesho...
  15. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Hi there will i have any issues Applying my FK1000 Hi Temp over the Duragloss 111 already on the car???
  16. Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
    I detailed the car with FK1000 the other day, and also did the wheels. 1 week of daily use and a fair bit of dirt later, I thought I'd see how clean they come up with just a blast from the PW :D Before After Video Conclusion These wheels came up 100% clean with just a quick blast of...
1-16 of 16 Results