Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > dsms
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Conversation Between dsms and Clark @ PB
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. dsms
    22-03-2009 05:37 PM
    dsms
    I went with your recommendation an applied 4 coats of AJT over a coat of Prime and the result was stunning on the Subby. It gave the finish a nice wet gloss and the owner was thrilled with the final outcome. Thanks again and look out for the writeup, should be done soon.
  2. Clark @ PB
    21-03-2009 11:17 PM
    Clark @ PB
    Hi dave,

If it's maximum depth you're after then I'd go with the gloss it twins. If it were my personal choice I'd go with werkstat as that would give an incredibly sharp and flake popping reflective look but won't quite have the depth you say you're after. Hope that helps pal.

Clark
  3. dsms
    21-03-2009 09:17 PM
    dsms
    Hey Clark I gotta question for you. Im working on a dark gray metallic Subby STi right now and I cannot decide on which LSP to use. So far I have jeweled the paint to a really deep gloss with 85rd, I spent a few extra hours to ensure it was 100%.

For LSP, my options are the Gloss It twins (Signature Gloss topped with Concourso) or the Werkstat Twins (prime acrylic topped with 3coats of AJT). The owner is very finicky and I want to ensure I deliver the deepest, wettest finish possible. Seeing as you use both LSPs, for a medium gray metallic color like on the STi, which do you think will bring out the best in the finish? I appreciate the help

-Dave