Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Interior & Glass (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   recommend a glass cleaner please (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=404346)

jazzite73 29-03-2018 01:48 PM

recommend a glass cleaner please

So much rain yesterday that my car is in desperate need of a wash.I would just take it to a car wash place and have it cleaned but dont think they'd be thorough enough. There seems to be so many glass cleaners out there that it is a bit confusing as to what is best. I always believed newspapers were the best way and thats generally what I used to use on my last car but now that i've got a new one think it needs something better ?

meguiars, mr muscle, sonax,auto glyn, turtle wax,halfords the list is endless.

\Rian 29-03-2018 01:55 PM

Matter of opinion

Their is no best glass cleaner, good results come from the technique and the cloths you use, most glass cleaners even water to a certain extent will clean glass if you use the right technique and cloths.

Start buy getting a good short pile cloth for applying the glass cleaner and a good quality ultrasued or waffleweave buffing cloth for buffing of streaks.

Spray on to the folded short pile cloth not to the glass, then use that to clean the glass, once you've removed grease, oil and dust with the short pile, grab your buffing cloth and buff that glass to a shine.

I use poorboys screen cleaner but you can use something like Nilglass, even mr muscle will give you a good result if you use the correct technique.

If you have tints avoid a glass cleaner with ammonia in it.

Other people will have different methods obviously but most would agree its technique over product in this situation

Imprezaworks 29-03-2018 02:29 PM

I’m finding Nilglass from b&q good to use. After reading positive reviews etc.

Only £4 for a litre aswell.

stonejedi 29-03-2018 03:16 PM

For an all out clean inside and out Angelwax Vision is my go to glass cleaner...it’s very potent,or If i am looking for a glass cleaner for exterior glass I use Autoglanz Vision for it’s built in reppellentcy.SJ.

BradleyW 29-03-2018 05:11 PM

I use any cheap house hold glass cleaner I can find for a £1. Wipe on, wipe off, using 2 MF towels. Always leaves a streak free finish. I test using a strong light to identify streaks, which there aren't any. Cleaning car windows does require a bit of technique so with experience you'll get the finish you want, even with cheap products.

cleslie 29-03-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imprezaworks (Post 5451476)
Iím finding Nilglass from b&q good to use. After reading positive reviews etc.

Only £4 for a litre aswell.

Best glass cleaner Iíve used and even the wife swears by it in the house.

OvEr_KiLL 29-03-2018 05:49 PM

autoglym fast glass is good
bouncers look sharp is good
autofinesse vision glass polish is also good

blakadder 29-03-2018 06:25 PM

I'm really happy with Sonax, streak free every time

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

bluechimp 29-03-2018 06:28 PM

Autofinesse Crystal for me, buffs up a treat!

gally 29-03-2018 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blakadder (Post 5451585)
I'm really happy with Sonax, streak free every time

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

The nano one?