Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Interior & Glass (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Mark on glass from dealer? (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=415808)

mattc2002 20-08-2019 08:57 AM

Mark on glass from dealer?
 
I bought a car a couple months back and the dealer had written a couple of words on the windscreen which I can see first thing in the morning when there is mist on the windscreen and when washing it and the screen very wet.

All other times its invisible and driving in the rain etc is just fine and not seen but how can I remove the pen marks?

Its been washed several times and I've used snowfoam/shampoo, Greenstar cleaner, Bar Keepers friend APC and AG Fast Glass but it still remains?

Any other tips to remove it?

ffrs1444 20-08-2019 09:00 AM

Might of been a Sticker which was there

Steve0rs6 20-08-2019 09:02 AM

I would try tardis next

\Rian 20-08-2019 09:22 AM

Abrasive!

Had stickers on my back window from the previous owner, clay bar, tar remove, etc wouldn't remove it.

Summit Detailing 20-08-2019 12:57 PM

Carpro Ceriglass:thumb:

riskypicker 20-08-2019 01:13 PM

As above, something abrasive. Carpro ceriglass with the thin glass specific pad is very good but ive also used megs ultimate compound in the past with a normal pad and that worked too.

My new BMW had what appeared to be a PDI sticker on the rear side window that needed ceriglass to shift.

\Rian 20-08-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riskypicker (Post 5583256)
As above, something abrasive. Carpro ceriglass with the thin glass specific pad is very good but ive also used megs ultimate compound in the past with a normal pad and that worked too.

My new BMW had what appeared to be a PDI sticker on the rear side window that needed ceriglass to shift.

I think cerium oxide is a little extream in this case as the OP isn't trying to remove/polish the glass, as you've mentioned megs ultimate compound would be a good option with a foam pad

macca666 20-08-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rian (Post 5583261)
I think cerium oxide is a little extream in this case as the OP isn't trying to remove/polish the glass, as you've mentioned megs ultimate compound would be a good option with a foam pad

Carpro ceriglass is also advertised for removing hard water spots, road film and stubborn bird stains so could be a good shout for the OP.

I'd have initially suggested barkeepers friend which is abrasive but hes already tried it and it didn't work so needs something a bit stronger :thumb:

Summit Detailing 20-08-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rian (Post 5583261)
I think cerium oxide is a little extream in this case as the OP isn't trying to remove/polish the glass, as you've mentioned megs ultimate compound would be a good option with a foam pad

It's arguably the best product to deep clean glass, removes water spots, etching, staining and generally does what its designed to do in a safe efficient manner.
Also perfect prep before applying glass sealants as an aside.

cheers,

Chris

\Rian 20-08-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summit Detailing (Post 5583272)
It's arguably the best product to deep clean glass, removes water spots, etching, staining and generally does what its designed to do in a safe efficient manner.
Also perfect prep before applying glass sealants as an aside.

cheers,

Chris

I wouldn't disagree, but most weekend detailers won't have Cerium oxide but are more likely to have a paint polish so instead of going out and buying the whole kit, glass polish, rayon pad, and the OP might not even have a polisher!

If it was me I would absolutely be using a paint polish as I don't have cerium oxide but I do have Lake county pads, a DA and many paint polishes.

However, I agree that Cerium oxide would be the best method but its not the only method and is not feasible for most


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors