Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Eco Friendly Detailing (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   advice and recommendations needed (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=426021)

bidderman1969 04-04-2021 08:50 PM

advice and recommendations needed
 
after having to move, we are moving into a property where the car is away from the water and power source, I may be looking to go down the waterless Wass routine, and having been trying to keep the cars in good knick since going this forum, going down this route dreads me

at present I have EZ ceramic wax on it, not the best I know, but what I don't get about this waterless washing is what should I expect? after the car is cleaned I've been reading that it leaves a protectant behind, what exactly is it and how long would it last? will it go over other LSP's ok, and if I wanted to lay down a good LSP would I need to get rid os whatever some of these products leave behind?

what do you guys recommend, and is there a difference in products I need to be aware of?

very confused chap here

JU5T1N 04-04-2021 09:49 PM

If you can get a bucket of water to where your car is a rinseless wash would be better.
You can also get battery powered pressure washers that work out of a water container.

bidderman1969 05-04-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JU5T1N (Post 5719252)
If you can get a bucket of water to where your car is a rinseless wash would be better.
You can also get battery powered pressure washers that work out of a water container.

rinses wash doesn't leave anything behind I take it then?

JU5T1N 05-04-2021 06:44 PM

Yea most of them do, Feynlab do one that doesn't though.

A rinseless wash will be able to safely handle alot more dirt than a waterless wash.

Saladin 05-04-2021 06:57 PM

I use ONR for my door shuts. It does leave something behind but nothing that concerns me from a protection point of view. I agree with JU5T1N - I would deffo consider rinse less rather than waterless.

It may also be worth looking into if local car washes have a self-use jet wash... My local Tesco has one behind the petrol garage.

bidderman1969 05-04-2021 07:46 PM

so how do I go about laying down a new LSP, as most need to band to bare paintwork?

muzzer 05-04-2021 07:58 PM

There are some companies that make.....i hesitate to use the word detailing with regards to their products but they are a waterless wash system.
The idea being that it encapsulates the dirt and lifts it free from the bodywork and also adds a layer of liquid wax to the bodywork.

However, it is not what i would call a "quality" product compared to others. I think AmmoNYC do a waterless wash as well but then the expensive part is getting it shipped here

bidderman1969 05-04-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzer (Post 5719419)
There are some companies that make.....i hesitate to use the word detailing with regards to their products but they are a waterless wash system.
The idea being that it encapsulates the dirt and lifts it free from the bodywork and also adds a layer of liquid wax to the bodywork.

However, it is not what i would call a "quality" product compared to others. I think AmmoNYC do a waterless wash as well but then the expensive part is getting it shipped here

this is where it starts to get confusing for me, so what your saying is that unless I was it the way I am presently, I can't lay down any new LSP's of my choice, if its laying down its own liquid wax?

JU5T1N 05-04-2021 09:05 PM

Rinseless washes leave a layer of polymers on the surface, you can apply lsp's on top but the durability will be reduced or you could use a panel wipe before applying your lsp to remove what the rinseless wash has left behind.

bidderman1969 05-04-2021 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JU5T1N (Post 5719444)
Rinseless washes leave a layer of polymers on the surface, you can apply lsp's on top but the durability will be reduced or you could use a panel wipe before applying your lsp to remove what the rinseless wash has left behind.

ahhhhhh yes, forgot about the old panel wipe! :thumb:

its amazing how much you forget about when you've been doing it basically one way all this time

roscopervis 29-04-2021 08:20 PM

Yvan Lacroix says that ONR at the rinseless wash dilution doesn’t leave anything behind when dried. He uses the example of rinsing soap of your hands and tasting your fingers - you still taste the soap so something is still there. The same doesn’t happen with rinseless wash so, used at the right dilution, it shouldn’t leave anything behind. But you can panel wipe for double certainty.

stangalang 29-04-2021 09:57 PM

Rinseless all the way for this solution. You can still do the 2 bucket method, use a pre wash in a pump sprayer, or even a rechargeable jetwash. The opportunities are endless. ONR is my go to i use a lot of it

roscopervis 01-05-2021 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stangalang (Post 5724571)
Rinseless all the way for this solution. You can still do the 2 bucket method, use a pre wash in a pump sprayer, or even a rechargeable jetwash. The opportunities are endless. ONR is my go to i use a lot of it

It is something I have come around to quite recently, not sure why it has taken so long...actually I do, itís much harder to get the pressure washer out currently so need a new method and it is pretty darn impressive how useful and versatile it is.

bidderman1969 04-05-2021 06:41 PM

You are all filling me with confidence

Now fully moved in I shall be trying this out very soon

bidderman1969 06-06-2021 08:55 PM

Well, I gave it a go……

Elvis1977 08-06-2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bidderman1969 (Post 5731255)
Well, I gave it a goÖÖ

How was it?

🕺

Elvis

bidderman1969 08-06-2021 07:48 PM

ah yes, meant to do this last night, d'oh!

well, I decided to have a go at this rinse less wash rigmarole, and tbh, I wasn't expecting much as I hadn't done it before, so im guessing technique will need to be mastered, but here's how dirty the car was in general.....

https://i.imgur.com/N6Um51N.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wmPnvNm.jpg

attacked the boot upper part first....

https://i.imgur.com/BFAhM5G.jpg

and was quite impressed, so continued onwards and I reckon I was over saturating the panels really, but I guess with practice I'll probably get it right at some point, but this really was all about trying it out, so not a perfect clean by any standards, think I'll invest in a Work cordless pressure sprayer and maybe a blower, and see if I can get it all done in a reasonable timescale, also have my "spotless water" account opened and now awaiting the "key", so I will be experimenting again soon I believe in rinsing without drying off after

think what I did came out ok, just got to wait and see it under the petrol station lights to see if it was successful or now in not scratching the paint badly

https://i.imgur.com/x2VQcwU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/aqVH72l.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jpzvxEL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UZLm6T6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SvSSkWP.jpg

roscopervis 11-06-2021 11:14 AM

What rinseless product did you use? Also, did you pre soak the area with product in a pump sprayer first? That helps with encapsulating dirt like a prewash normally would. Doing the bucket and mitt, then dry method should be even safer that way.

Rinseless is also very gentle on LSP’s so should help longevity.

bidderman1969 11-06-2021 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roscopervis (Post 5731923)
What rinseless product did you use? Also, did you pre soak the area with product in a pump sprayer first? That helps with encapsulating dirt like a prewash normally would. Doing the bucket and mitt, then dry method should be even safer that way.

Rinseless is also very gentle on LSPís so should help longevity.

ONR :thumb:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors