Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Interior & Glass (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Screen wash for winter (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=416223)

Derek Mc 15-09-2019 01:12 PM

Screen wash for winter

MJust looking for feedback on where is doing a decent deal on 5L anti-freeze screenwash deals.
I am looking for a -15 concentrate ideally but wanted to know if anyone had suggestions.

iCraig 15-09-2019 01:46 PM

Can’t go wrong with Autoglym Professional Super Strength screen wash, goes down to -25c and is about £20-25 for 5l.

Andyblue 15-09-2019 02:10 PM

I use Prestone screenwash and itís fine. Used Holts previously which worked very well. Also got / used Quantum which been very pleased with.

Wurth screenwash is supposed to be good as is AG stuff - not tried it yet, but going to pick up a bottle to try shortly.

TonyHill 15-09-2019 03:59 PM

Prestone is great. Works down to -30 (supposedly), and just over a fiver for 5 litres from Costco :thumb:

Radish293 15-09-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iCraig (Post 5587612)
Canít go wrong with Autoglym Professional Super Strength screen wash, goes down to -25c and is about £20-25 for 5l.

What he said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Taxboy 15-09-2019 05:45 PM

BMW screenwash good for -60 if you need it. About £15 for 5l if you know where to look :D

Tykebike 15-09-2019 08:34 PM

Ive always been satisfied with the Sonax Extreme. I mix it up to about a 25% solution for winter use in the UK. The blurb on the container suggests that 5l of concentrate will produce 15l of solution.
According to the Sonax product page:
Antifreeze and cleaning concentrate for windscreen washer units. Prevents ice formation in the washer unit tank, hoses and nozzles. The formula contains innovative nano-particles. The consequence is a significant increase in the cleaning speed. It is non hazardous to paintwork, chrome, rubber and plastics. Ideal for high quality XENON headlamps and light diffusing plastic headlamps in clear-glass optic. Ideal for vehicles with fan spray nozzles, as the product remains sprayable even at low temperatures.

If you watch the video on the www.sonax.de website you will see that it is tested by men in white lab coats so it must be good. The test machine looks very impressive.

One thing that I've never quite understood is the minimum temperature value; is it the temperature at which it begins to freeze in the nozzles, lines etc or will it remain liquid when sprayed onto the screen when traveling and the outside air temperature and the screen temperatures are at the stated temperature?

AudiPhil 15-09-2019 08:42 PM

Autoglym is my favourite all year round just adjust the dilution to the season

Derek-Eddleston 15-09-2019 08:48 PM

Used Prestone for years............ can't beat the Costco price.
Derek.

wlmoate 15-09-2019 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taxboy (Post 5587639)
BMW screenwash good for -60 if you need it. About £15 for 5l if you know where to look :D

Fully agree with this and Autoglym Professional range.