Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Glossy Waxes? (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=402681)

scooobydont 04-02-2018 10:13 PM

I am relatively new but tried OCD Nebula as my first introduction to a show wax, the results blew me away. I am sure other show waxes do similar things but as it is a first for me I was amazed at what a dedicated wax can do.

http://slowandlow.co.uk/upload/2017/...4-8ff4bd67.jpg

I know Matt has stopped making wax for now but its worth making a note if it pops up in the classifieds or he starts producing again.

I dont actually know what to go for when it runs out so its a good thread for me to keep an eye on.

Mikej857 04-02-2018 10:40 PM

For me it's a toss up between obsession wax luminous or evolution both are great waxes, luminous will with out doubt tick all the gloss boxes with ease but evolution will add a little more durability

Other options are hbsauce Sith or waxtub 141

Shame OCD no longer make waxes as nebula would have done the job with ease

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sean ryan 05-02-2018 12:31 PM

Has anyone any experience with Autoglanz Aura

sean ryan 12-02-2018 01:12 PM

Has anyone used Autoglanz Ceara Dark Edition?

camerashy 12-02-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean ryan (Post 5434776)
Has anyone used Autoglanz Ceara Dark Edition?

Yes, Sean, used it on a Cherry Red Fiesta and really impressed with it gave a lovely mirror like reflection and great flake pop

Leebo310 12-02-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean ryan (Post 5431483)
Before all the know it all's jump on saying prep is the key ect im talking about after a full job after the decontamination and machine polishing stage's ect im looking for a wax that give's of ton's of gloss weather it's a show wax ect what would you recommend and why?

Are you limited to just waxes mate? If you're going to the effort of full machine polishing stages then you'd get better durability and more gloss by going for a coating in my opinion.
Nanolex Si3d is reasonably easy to apply (especially if you only add one coat) and the levels of gloss, especially on white are insane. It's chea**** (about £35 a bottle which will do two small cars) and I've seen it last upwards of 14 months on a show car and 11+ on my own daily (before some lovely folk broke into my house and stole it...)
Still beading just as well, and the gloss after a decent wash was still stunning. I actually credit the levels of gloss as to helping the magpie thief choose the car to steal :D

I've used it on 4 or 5 cars now and would definitely recommend it, providing you have an indoor space to apply it and leave it for 24 hours (which I'm assuming you do if you are going to perform multiple stages of machine polishing)

dchapman88 12-02-2018 03:36 PM

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=402928

I'll just leave that here.
In a conversation about glossy waxes, it really does deserve a mention.
With the right prep I don't see why that wouldn't give you a knockout finish.

sean ryan 12-02-2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camerashy (Post 5434788)
Yes, Sean, used it on a Cherry Red Fiesta and really impressed with it gave a lovely mirror like reflection and great flake pop

Awesome it's on my list but not heard much info on it :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leebo310 (Post 5434818)
Are you limited to just waxes mate? If you're going to the effort of full machine polishing stages then you'd get better durability and more gloss by going for a coating in my opinion.
Nanolex Si3d is reasonably easy to apply (especially if you only add one coat) and the levels of gloss, especially on white are insane. It's chea**** (about £35 a bottle which will do two small cars) and I've seen it last upwards of 14 months on a show car and 11+ on my own daily (before some lovely folk broke into my house and stole it...)
Still beading just as well, and the gloss after a decent wash was still stunning. I actually credit the levels of gloss as to helping the magpie thief choose the car to steal :D

I've used it on 4 or 5 cars now and would definitely recommend it, providing you have an indoor space to apply it and leave it for 24 hours (which I'm assuming you do if you are going to perform multiple stages of machine polishing)

Im not really fussed on coating's i love waxing my car's i really enjoy it plus it gets me out of the house and a break away from my wife and kid's for a few hours lol p.s. sorry to hear about your car :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by dchapman88 (Post 5434842)
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=402928

I'll just leave that here.
In a conversation about glossy waxes, it really does deserve a mention.
With the right prep I don't see why that wouldn't give you a knockout finish.

Never heard of this i'll check it out :thumb:

stonejedi 12-02-2018 05:14 PM

Obsession Luminous Wax is Quality here’s my car wearing one coat of it...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...21be0d7c0c.jpg
.SJ.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dchapman88 12-02-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean ryan (Post 5434871)
Never heard of this i'll check it out :thumb:

It's the first time I've used anything from Sam's either.
And for the price and how little you need to apply it's really good bang for buck.
Gave a real nice gloss


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors