Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The Home and Garden Zone (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=366)
-   -   Lawn care (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=332071)

jonnyMercUK 26-02-2014 10:19 AM

Lawn care

Anyone cut the lawn yet? Temperature up North has been good recently, around 10 degrees.

Whats the best treatment for this time of year? Laid the turf last summer, no weeds or moss or anything - just looking a bit yellow.

Cheers

steveo3002 26-02-2014 10:26 AM

was thinking about doing ours

Kiashuma 26-02-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyMercUK (Post 4458706)
Anyone cut the lawn yet? Temperature up North has been good recently, around 10 degrees.

Whats the best treatment for this time of year? Laid the turf last summer, no weeds or moss or anything - just looking a bit yellow.

Cheers

Going to get my lawn rake our in a few weeks, mid march hopefully, its still to wet for anything just now.

I think most "summer" lawn feeds need to go down March at the earliest.

I normally rake mine mid march and edge it, then cut two weeks later and apply a feed April. Mine is so badly drained that there is a bit of moss this year :devil: but the rake should take it all out.

jonnyMercUK 26-02-2014 11:20 AM

Hate raking it, I know it's for the good but it makes it look horrible!

Kiashuma 26-02-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyMercUK (Post 4458775)
Hate raking it, I know it's for the good but it makes it look horrible!

I know, mine looks ok ish just now and when i'm finished it will look like a ploughed field :lol:

Comes back well tho, and seems to keep moss to a minimum. All my neighbours grass is a mess with moss and weeds, mine is not bad at all.

danwel 26-02-2014 11:29 AM

mine needs re seeding due to dog pee from our dog as it is very patchy near the back door. but Ideally i'd like to cut it first before i seed but i may just seed it, although i as soon as i put seed down it will no doubt snow and be frosty

jonnyMercUK 26-02-2014 11:35 AM

Yes. I definitely wouldn't seed it yet. I've got to seed an area of the back lawn and will be doing it mid to late march id say.

danwel 26-02-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyMercUK (Post 4458787)
Yes. I definitely wouldn't seed it yet. I've got to seed an area of the back lawn and will be doing it mid to late march id say.

Cheers mate, that was kind of my plan too. Was looking end of March or even April before i did it:thumb:

ianFRST 26-02-2014 11:41 AM

whens the best time to lay a new lawn?

our back garden is currently gravel, so looking to re lawn it this year :D

jonnyMercUK 26-02-2014 11:47 AM

Lawn care

Well I laid mine in June I think. Wasn't the best time as it was really hot, I'm still paying the water meter bill as I had to water it twice a day.

I'd lay it April/may. Preparation is key and keep it damp at all times! You'll know when it's damp enough when you lift the turf up slightly and the soil is wet underneath