Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   sonax bsd user..do i need turtle wax or megs ceramic (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=416268)

steveo3002 18-09-2019 07:31 PM

sonax bsd user..do i need turtle wax or megs ceramic

my daily driver gets super resin then regular top ups with sonax bsd , no real complaints , but slicker or more gloss would be welcome

should i be thinking about trying megs ceramic wax or the turtle wax sealant

any thoughts

BrummyPete 18-09-2019 07:50 PM

Always worth a try, the latest tw offering seems to get fairly good reviews, I've still got 2 bottles of bsd to use as I'm happy with how it performs, when they run out I may try something else

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Andyblue 18-09-2019 08:10 PM

The TW sealant gets a good flowing on here and is surprisingly cheap - think you can get 2 bottles for less than 1 of the Megs...

Definitely worth a try - it's on my list to give it a go at some point... :thumb:

Citromark 18-09-2019 08:14 PM

Since trying Turtlewax SnS I've not used Sonax Bsd which is a favourite.

Mark

steveo3002 18-09-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Citromark (Post 5588225)
Since trying Turtlewax SnS I've not used Sonax Bsd which is a favourite.

Mark

whats better about it in your opinion:thumb:

Yellow Dave 18-09-2019 09:11 PM

Don’t know the TW product but the meguiars ceramic can be used as a spray on pressure rinse off, saving time and contact. Not quite a comparable product. I own both types of products and would use them on separate occasions.

Sonax also do a version, spray and seal, so might be worth looking into.

HEADPHONES 18-09-2019 09:25 PM

I have the BSD and the TW.
Static beading is quite comparable.
But when driving in the rain, the beads run up the bonnet much faster with BSD.
The TW is however much slicker.

Sometimes I'm in a caressing the paint mood so like the slicker TW.
Sometimes it's all about watching the beads run up my bonnet at speed, or dancing around like pools of water in zero gravity at slow speeds.

Play with both.
Costs next to nothing in ús or timewise in prep unlike ceramic coatings

NorthantsPete 18-09-2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo3002 (Post 5588214)
my daily driver gets super resin then regular top ups with sonax bsd , no real complaints , but slicker or more gloss would be welcome

should i be thinking about trying megs ceramic wax or the turtle wax sealant

any thoughts

If it works why fix it?

I find the gloss of BSD outlasts others. What I mean by that is, you get to experience its shine for many many days before the crud builds up and its wash time again.

Others ive used look good, the best even, for a day then tomorrow its all over, you chase the gloss again.

Armorall is another ive tried very glossy and lasts ages.

I always spritz demon shine after each wash, bsd is a sealant for winter, others i try in summer when the weathers not as harsh, something like megs exress wax, or other spray wax, usually bulk.

Citromark 19-09-2019 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo3002 (Post 5588232)
whats better about it in your opinion:thumb:

The gloss and slickness are noticeable to the point that a colleague at work commented on how well the car looked .

Mark

Mikesphotaes 19-09-2019 08:47 AM

I only use the TW on my wheels now, not a patch on BSD, although I take the fact that TW isn't a quick detailer.